TaylorMade Ti Bubble 2 Drivers

Ti Bubble 2

Bagpipe83   Shoots in the 90s [Apr 26, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Ti Bubble 2 Driver

I am new to golfing. I have been golfing for about a month. I had a used box set that came with a Dunlop Tour T1 driver. I was nothitting it very well, I had a wicked slice. I recently picked up this driver, for $19.99. It is a steal in my opinion. I just got back from my first trip to the range. I am still not getting a lot of distance, about mid 200's. But I am positive that it is my swing, not the club. It also made my slice into a nice, and easy fade. I know this club is old tech, but it is still good. I will keep working on my swing, and hopefully be hitting at high 200's soon. I know this club is more than capabile of that distance. The Taylor Made TITANIUM BUBBLE 2 Driver will be in my bag for a long time.

Similar Products Used: Dunlop Tour T1,Dunlop DDH, Titanium 250cc, Taylor Made RBZ.
cshatts   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 14, 2009]
Model Reviewed: TI Bubble 2

In near mint condition, this baby was going for $15 at my local Golf Galaxy. I hit it along with a Sumo, Burner, and HiBore and it outperformed them all in the simulation.

Today was my first day testing it on the links. Usually I fudge my first tee shot of the round, but just swung away and hit it 278 and straight in the fairway. For a 10.5 loft, I had no problems with slicing (used to switch between a 13 and 9 to find a good fit - duh it's in the middle).

I hit 4/6 fairways with it and averaged about 250 off the tee.

In a time when clubs are getting too monstrous, the Bubble 2 fits nicely in the middle. It looks hot. It sounds beautiful. God, I wish my wife was like this club.

I was always a believer in the golfer, not the clubs. And I still am. BUT, this driver somehow just fits.

It's worth $200 in my book, but if you can pick it up for anywhere under $50 and in good condition, it's a no-brainer.

Similar Products Used: nothing this good
graffixjones   Shoots in the 100s [Apr 20, 2006]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Ti Bubble 2 10.5 Driver

I recently got into the game of golf, and found out that my thrift-store clubs that I'd collected over several months weren't really going to cut it, so I started shopping on ebay.
After reading several reviews, and figuring out that I really didn't need the newest Taylor Made drivers, I settled on the Ti Bubble 2's as a nice price/performance tradeoff.

I can safely say that I made the right choice.

I have two of these drivers the 10.5 (which I am reviewing), and a 7.5 that has been set up for long-drive contests (it was only $20 so I couldn't pass it up). The 10.5 has an S-90 graphite shaft and a Taylor Bubble Grip.

I don't know what it is about this club, but it's very easy to find the sweet spot. I've seen some reviewers complain about the swing weight, but I find it to be perfect, and the sound it makes when you connect solidy with the ball (that titanium 'tink' sound) is pure heaven.

Like others have mentioned, this isn't a "shankless" club, and if you whack at the ball, it's going to go crazy... but if you swing solidly and make 'decent' contact with the clubface, it's gonna rocket the ball.

I don't have a whole lot of upper body strength, but I can still whack the ball over 200 yards consistently with this club, and even if I don't hit it fully square it only translates to a slight hook or draw.

The best part is that you can find these clubs in good to great condition on ebay for $30 to $50 each, which is a steal.

If you're a beginning golfer that needs a good solid driver, without breaking the bank, go for it. Even if you're not a beginning golfer, they're a great club, but by that time you probably want something a bit more 'advanced', even though you probably won't need it.

A bit double-thumbs-up for these drivers... they don't make them like this anymore.

Not applicable... I bought used.

Similar Products Used: Ping, Callaway, Wilson
BigBender82   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 21, 2005]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Firesole R-80 Bubble Shaft

This club is the ticket. It radiates confiedence at address. At first, I was a bit skeptical about the large amount of offset. It wasn't a problem at all! My bad drives now are a 15 yard draw. I usually drive the ball around 175 yards with my Steelhead. I was hitting this 200, 210. I hammered one into the wind almost 230 the other day. Today I shot my best round ever, 81. Can't wait to play again.

Not used.

Similar Products Used: Callaway Steelhead Plus
Scratch   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 24, 2003]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Ti-Bubble 2

I previously played a Calloway Big Bertha War Bird 9.5 before buying this Ti Bubble 2 used, from a co-worker and it was a great purchase. Not only does the Taylor Made feel better than a War Bird, but the sweetspot is larger and the distance and height are amazing. Even though this club is a few years old, I have no desire to "upgrade" to a 2004 model because of how comfortable I am with this one. The Ti-Bubble 2 is eaisly on of the best drivers I have ever used.

NA

Similar Products Used: Calloway Big Bertha Calloway Great Big Bertha Titleist Adams Golf Tight Lies Driver (amazing club)
Scott   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 29, 2003]

this club is great. i was seaching for a good driver and i then got this club and it was amazing. i hit the ball about 20 yards further, and the ball went straight.

Rich Meachin   Shoots in the 80s [Mar 13, 2003]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Ti Bubble 2

Bought this club after seeing the size of it. The head is huge! Plus TM are a credible make. However, once i got it to the range, i soon realised that size is not everything. I found the head feeling hollow when i hit it, and seemed to lose distance from my previous clubs. I had a 9.5 degree loft version which i found was just not enough. Fairly disappointed in all. It flies when you hit it well but extremely unforgiving. Got £70 when i sold it so at least they keep their value!

bjmst1   Shoots in the 90s [Nov 25, 2002]
Model Reviewed: Ti Bubble 2

Any top quality club; Taylor Made, Callaway, Mizuno, Ping, Titleist are going to go about the same. The newer drivers, with the rebound effect, do get the ball 5-10 yds further. The big difference is forgivness. My Ti 2 is 5 yrs old and is the most forgiving club I've ever hit/owned. I have a Callaway GBB, and a Mizuno T Zoid Forged also. All with the same loft and shaft flex. The Taylor Made is hands down the easiest to hit. The Callaway is a not too close second and the Mizuno - forget about it. Distance wise the Mizuno is a little long, but the Taylor is so easy to hit. If you want a long, easy to hit driver, I swing very hard also, pick up a Ti 2. You should be able to get a deal.

Craig Sherrill   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 30, 2002]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Ti Bubble 5 wood

I stole this 5 wood on eBay. It is by far the best fairway wood I have ever used. From the very first swing on the driving range, I was hitting 230, dead straight. After a dozen shots, I was drawing and fading at will. This is a very solid feeling club, unlike the Ti bubble 2 driver that I also bought on eBay, which has a very hollow feel. I think I will be using this a lot off of the tee on tight courses. I would like to know if the 3 wood is as good as the 5. Email me if you have both.