Titleist 975D Drivers

975D

The Titleist Titanium 975D is a pear-shape, deep face driver. The unique hosel and thru-bore shaft design and reinforced face-crown junction stiffens the head to provide increased ball speed and a sweet, solid feel and The internal weight and wall thickness are carefully managed to provide a flatter more penetrating ball flight.

Blake CW In North Georgia   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 01, 2017]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975D Stiff w/ EI-70 Ultra Lightweight Graphite Shaft

I found this club at a pawn shop for $3, the guy had two, so I bought both for $6. I went to the range and I hit every shot long and straight. I couldn't believe it. After several years of unpredictability with my Big Bertha II I just figured I couldn't drive the ball. "I can't drive," I'd say. Boy was I ever wrong!!!! This little puppy, the Titleist 975D proves it! All I have to do is take a regular swing and boom! It's not as spectacular as when I hit a good drive with the mini-van driver and it makes a loud impressive ping sound and it looks cool, but the loooong boring straight ball flight I get with the Titleist 975D more than makes up for the fact that it is not showy, it's not flashy, it's just a driver doing what a driver should do. I have two, one is a banged up 45.5" with a 9.5' degree loft and stock graphite Titleist shaft and horrid grip, and one is a decent looking 45" 8.5' degree EI-70 Ultra Lightweight graphite shaft and nice leather wrap grip. And I'm really tempted to go ahead and buy another one on eBay just so I don't ever have to be without one again. I'm the type of guy that I don't see the need to change something if it's working. I liked this so much that after several years of hitting my Wilson 3 and 5 woods (I used to hit a Wilson Driver but I broke it hitting it off the grass deck at the range) I went and bought a Titleist 975F 3 and 5 wood (14.5' and 18.5' degree) with the same shaft (the EI-70), and after several years of hitting my Taylormade 360 Irons I'm making the shift to Titleist 704-CB Irons with the Nippon NS Pro 970 steel stiff flex shafts), and after several years of playing oddball thrift-store sand and lob-wedges I'm finally making the jump and I bought two Titleist Oil Can wedges, a 52' and 58', and a Titleist Dead Center SP-203 Putter, and a brand new Titleist bag. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with Jordan Spieth winning the Open Championship. I love it! :D

I'm hoping to bring my score way down with all these.

Oh and I haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping to be able to hit the Titleist 975 Driver off the deck. We'll see, would probably take a level or uphill lie. But from what I've heard about the Titleist 975F 3 wood, I probably won't need to.

For those who say this club only draws or "I can't get it to draw," I can only say learn to swing so you can shape shots. (steep backswing to a shallow downswing and you will draw it, shallow backswing to steep downswing and you'll fade it)

Similar Products Used: I wouldn't call them similar, but, Wilson (old small head) Driver and Fairway wood set (3 and 5), Big Bertha II Driver, Taylormade 360 Irons, various thrift-store sand and lob wedges.
Blake C W in North Georgia   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 01, 2017]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975D Stiff w/ EI-70 Ultra Lightweight Graphite Shaft

I'm hoping to bring my score way down with all these.

oldschoolrocker   Shoots in the 80s [Mar 12, 2013]
Model Reviewed: 975d

Have been fed up with the 460cc heads and found that I was hitting my old persimmons almost as well, sometimes better, so I decided to go retro with the moderns and picked up a 10.5 975d. Wanted to put a steel shaft in it, but none available unless by special order at the shop doing the work, so instead I went with a NVS and had it cut to 43 inches. A little tinkering with some lead weight to optimize swing weight and WOW...after a couple of range sessions and 3 rounds of play I can say it is the BEST money I ever spent on my golf game. WHAT A DRIVER. The shorter shaft and smaller club face is $$$$. Added 20 yards to my drives and more accurate as well.

TitleistMan99   Shoots in the 90s [Oct 23, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975D

The Titleist 975D. What can I say that hasn't already been said? I first learned of this driver back in the late 90's during "Tigermania" when he was still with Titleist. I always wanted one, but back in the day my parent's couldn't or wouldn't spend $400.00 on one club when my whole set cost the same price.

Fast forward a few years. I was in the pre-owned section of the golf store just looking around and saw this gem on the rack for $40.00 with a custom, Harrison Pro-Lite shaft. Without hesitation I took it off the shelf and got it regripped for $10.00 for a total sum of $50.00. Best money I've ever spent on my game. At the same time, I also purchased the slightly larger Titleist 983K but I was never a fan of big-headed drivers, or as a review before me calls them, "fish bowl drivers."

Compared to the drivers being put out today, the Titleist 983K is small, and the 975D is tiny. However, when I step up to the simulator and compare the distance I get with the 975D and the modern 450+CC drivers on the market, I get more distance with the 975D. It's large enough to give me confidence off the tee, but small enough that I don't see the driver swinging in my peripheral vision like I do the larger headed drivers out on the market. That just messes me up.

This is a driver, even though they stopped production on this in, I believe, 2003, you will enjoy for many years to come. I'm in the process of reshafting my 975D and 975F fairway wood as well as getting them refinished to look brand new because I plan on using both of them for as long as possible. Brings back a lot of great memories at a time that was unforgettable to me.

Similar Products Used: Tried them all, the Titleist 975D is the best, even by today's standards. Get one for $30.00, get it reshafted if you need to, and put it in your bag. You won't regret it!
jetdriver   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 23, 2010]
Model Reviewed: 975D 9.5* EI-70 green stiff shaft

This is my bread and butter driver. Solid feel. Slightly smaller than the 320-360 size I would prefer, but fine none the less. With a few warm up swings I can dial this driver in and roll it to the telephone pole holding the net at the end of the range within a few yards either way at about 270Y pretty consistantly. This driver is very accurate and consistant. The trajectory is medium to high and kind of just falls at the end so I tee it low for a more boring trajectory. I also have a smaller 976R 8* with Prolite red stiff shaft which is a fire rocket but at 8* requires every swing to be a max efficiency swing to get the extra distance every time. With the 975D, a normal swing performs just fine on the course. I recently tried a new 460cc Titleist D comp driver at Golfsmith on the sim and got the same results but since I can't swing those "shafted fishbowls" I was not as consistant.

PopstheDog   Shoots in the 80s [Mar 17, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Titlest 975D

I bought the 975D and the 975F at my local PGA Superstore in the return/used section of the store. I have to say, compared to the more modern 460cc drivers I have used (Cobra S2, Cleveland Launcher, Ping G?, Taylor Made) the 975D suits me best. A somewhat lower trajectory and a very solid feel at impact makes this driver stand the test of time. Pick one up on EBAY for around $25 and see for yourself.

Brett   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 22, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975D

I have had this driver for the last 8 years and I can't get rid of it. By far the best driver I have ever hit. I own two Nike Dymo and Sumo Drivers, a 905R, and a Greatest Big Bertha. By far this is the best feeling and longest driver I own. I am starting to realize why tiger keeps putting this back in his bag. Don't was your money on a 460cc driver and spend about 20 dollars on ebay or at golf galaxy and enjoy it!!! I know I do!!!

Great needed a new headcover and they sent one out right away!!!

Similar Products Used: Nike Dymo2, Nike Sumo2 5900 Tour, Steelhead
Simon Ward   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 28, 2008]
Model Reviewed: 975D

Great club, but I think the shaft is crucial. I have an 8.5* with an EI-70 shaft that really works. Every time I see one in the driving range's used bin with another shaft, I pull it out and try. Sometimes the difference is night and day.
I find it more controllable than the 980E and K, both of which I've tried on the course - though not with the EI-70.
Bottom line for me is you must concentrate with this driver if you want to be rewarded. If you think you can swing it like a 460, you will be punished.

Not used.

Similar Products Used: 980E & K
John Fisher   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 07, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975D

I've only had this in my bag for about three years now, but I've never regretted a minute. Most of the other reviews on this page are correct, maybe a little too positive though. I love this club when I'm on the ball. The sweet spot is small, but when you get a hold of it the drive will sail long and true. The only issue I have is that since it's an older club with a smaller head size the balance isn't quite as good as the newer drivers with the larger heads.

NEPAgolfer   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 27, 2008]
Model Reviewed: 8.5* Stiff Shaft

I found a great deal on this club on ebay in almost new shape and i couldn't pass up. I've played about 10 rounds with this club so far this season and love it. I've hit Titleist drivers for years but never came around to buy it. I had used an Adams 818 SC Fade 9* for about 5 years unil i developed a constant draw with it. It got to the point where i started using my 3 wood off the tee because i could work the ball better. The Titleist delivers in every aspect. I love the ball flight, i can still tee pretty low for an 8.5* driver and still get a nice ball flight. Also the size head is perfect. I don't like the new jumbo sized drivers. I can work the ball with relatively solid consistency, get good feedback and it doesn't feel like i'm swinging a sledge hammer.

Top notch

Similar Products Used: Taylor Made Burner 10.5* R Shaft, Nicklaus Air Bear 9* S Shaft, Adams SC 818 FC 9* R Shaft, Macgregor MacTec NVG2 10.5* S Shaft