Titleist 983K Titanium Drivers

Titleist 983K Titanium Drivers

The 983K driver features a 365cc full pear profile. The larger head size compared to the 983E, produces a moderate launch angle and higher moment of inertia for playability. The slightly heel-biased internal weighting and deeper CG produce a moderate spin rate and an easy-to-square face. The result is a highly playable driver with an ideal initial trajectory, and long downrange flight.

[May 29, 2021]
ceceliafredrick

Strength:

These are irons I keep coming back to, they just seem to preform well. The heads are bigger than blade type irons but not huge so you can still move them through the rough. I also appreciate their durability. Cosmetic Dentistry

Weakness:

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Purchased:
New
[Jan 11, 2013]
Chris
Model Reviewed: Titleist 983K driver

I have been hitting the Cleveland Hi-Bore XL driver for several years now with great results. I was consistently shooting in the 80s, however last year I lost about 30 lbs and it affected my swing somehow, and I haven't been able to hit the Hi-Bore the same since. Suddenly the large head and sharper angles didn't feel right at address, and I started hitting a short slice. I had even started hitting my TM V-Steel 3 wood off the the tee just to keep the ball in play. I have been trying other drivers out of other players bags just to see if there's something else I can hit. This afternoon, I hit a playing partners' Titleist 983K driver, and hit it straight down the middle, or just off center, every time I hit it. I was so impressed, I came home tonight and ordered one off E-Bay, and can't wait for it to arrive. I have a golf association tourney at 8:00 tomorrow morning. Wish I had it now. :)

[Oct 24, 2012]
Scott Smith
Model Reviewed: Titleist 983k and 983e

Simply put the Titleist 983k and 983e are the best drivers I've played. I purchased them for peanuts on eBay because I had grown weary of the big headed monsters and wanted a more classic look. I echo many reviews that the "e" series is better suited for a skilled player. I really like my 10.5* 983e and can hit it well, but if I'm honest with myself I'm more consistent with my 11.5* 983k, so that is what I keep in my bag.

This club is beautifully balanced and makes for an effortless swing. Turn those hips, let the club hit the back of the ball, and get ready to smile.

Newer and bigger doesn't = better

Thank you Titleist for making an excellent club.

TaylorMade Tour Burner and MacGregor MacTec NVG2, neither of which can hold a candle to the feel and performance of the 983 series

[Feb 06, 2012]
ensoniqman
Model Reviewed: Titleist 983k

After reading several reviews on this forum & several others, I decided to upgrade from my old Titleist 975d driver to this 983k. I compared it to a Cleveland 400 Launcher and a Great Big Bertha II. Both of those drivers seem to have bigger and more forgiving club faces, but definitely have higher ball flight. Whereas this Titleist 983k hits more on a lower trajectory like the old 975d. This is what I've been looking for! It seems on higher ball flights, my fades turn more into slices. It's not always the arrow, but the indian....so I did have to adjust my swing accordingly. I lowered the tee on the ball at the suggestion of another review (about 3/4" to 1") and that made a BIG difference in straightening out the ball. No need to kill your swing speed with this driver & it has a nice 'thunk' sound rather than 'pingggg'....so long as you hit it on the square middle. Feels with the shaft and head are a nice balance; not as light feeling as the Callaway. Play a full extended swing and low to the deck like a fairway wood and watch it go! Mine has the NV65 shaft in stiff flex, which I am well pleased. These clubs are a dime a dozen on Ebay and other used club places. Got this one from Edwin Watts used and very cheap + $6.00 ground shipping. Check them out if you get the chance. I would put this driver up against any 460cc model for distance, but better ball control and workability. I still have an old Callaway Titanium smaller head driver which I will keep as a spare, since it still plays well with shorter distance.

Haven't dealt with them yet.

Cleveland 400 Launcher
Great Big Bertha II

[Aug 14, 2011]
James P
Model Reviewed: Titleist 983K

I've played golf for 1 year now, started with this driver, I have a 10.5 with regular flex Titleist shaft. I paid $50 for it so value was excellent. I would say at the start I had a lot of issues with slices, definitely not the easiest club to hit when you are a novice golfer. After 3-4 month with it I started to get the hang of it and consistently hit 270-300 yards down the middle and sometimes with a little draw, but occasionally still get those dreaded slices. It is definitely where I position the ball and not making a full turn with my hips sometimes, so I don't blame the club I blame my own skills. My other driver is a Taylormade Tour Burner, it is definitely much easier to hit because of the bigger face, 460cc, plus I can hit it further with the Fujikura stiff shaft, around 325 yards, that's farthest it went. The problem is it doesn't have the feel of the 983k, for some reason Taylormade drivers feel very hollow and lack the feel at impact. If I want to upgrade I'll go with a Titleist driver, most likely the 910 D3.

None, didn't need it

Taylormade Tour Burner Driver, ENA (Crane Golf) Driver

[Jun 06, 2011]
RussGriz
Model Reviewed: 983k 8.5 deg S-flex

Nice, I feel like I can smash the ball with every swing. Beautiful sweet spot gets me right down the middle most of the time. I've noticed atleast 10 yrds further off the tee.

Callaway FT-5, King cobra

[Jan 28, 2011]
Bogart76
Model Reviewed: 983K 9.5 YS-6 Stiff+

i really like this club. i played a 10.5 degree with NV65 and that was really good, however a brother in law used it and destroyed: idiot marks on top and a dent on the toe! anyhow, i found 9.5 degree head with ys-6 shaft, and this works. hit on a launch monitor at the golf store and the numbers were very good. overall, the feel of the shaft unloading is very good, the smaller head allows me to tee it lower if i want, and i feel the square head visually appealing. i'm not sure how accurate the numbers are, but carry was 270-280, backspin was 2950 which isn't bad for me, and launch was low at 9.2 degrees but i normally hit a 10.5 degree head. if i could do this on a golf course, i would be king of the public courses! i'll have to wait till spring to really try this. hopefully i won't be disappointed! you won't be either. this is a good club/shaft combo.

905T
905R
909D2

[Mar 11, 2010]
Linksland
Model Reviewed: 983K

Used to play off 1 with the hot face 983K but handicap has slipped up to 3 with a 907 D2 over past 2 years.

Resurrected the hot face this winter to see if it was me or the club and am delighted to say it was the club. My mates were impressed with my driving but delighted I would have to give it up come competition time. However, Ive managed to source a legal version with the same Titleist 4560 shaft and its just as good. Haven't tried any other shafts but this one seems to work for my natural low ball flight.

Can't wait for the season to start, this driver is the best: Long, penetrating ball flight, looks good at address, workable and hittable off the deck. Really makes you realise that golf manufacturers are businesses which need to sell new "improved" products which are actually inferior. Bigger is not always better!

Titleist 907 D2
Titleist 983K HCoR

[Jan 14, 2010]
Paul B
Model Reviewed: Titleist 983K driver

Like most of the previous reviewers, I must confirm the excellence of this driver. I had been playing a Big Ben (Hogan) driver that had me nicely in the fairways with good distance, but one day tried the 983K and much to my surprise found that I was keeping it in pretty easily while greatly improving distance. My biggest hits, every now and then are about 340, but I regularly hit respectably long and with this stick as long or longer than the other guys. I also play blades and recommend "Smash and Carve" as the best golf book I've read. The 983K is an excellent driver, long and quite manageable.

[Jan 03, 2010]
WSP
Model Reviewed: Titleist 983K

I got this 983K last April (2009) after reading reviews, paired them with 980 fairway woods. Love the fairway woods, not so happy with the 983K driver. The driver is not meant for 80s shooters who have sloppy techniques such as myself. 90% of the time I slice it something terrible. New models with larger heads (i.e., 460 cc), and new advancements such as Nike Dymo Str8 fit and Taylormade's R9 ability to adjust the angle of the clubhead really straighten out my shot.

So overall, this club looks great, feels great, great value ($30 on Ebay)...just not for my imperfect driver swing.

Cleveland Launcher 2009, Nike Dymo Str8 Fit, Taylormade R9, Taylormade Burner 2009