Yonex V-Mass 400Plus Drivers

V-Mass 400Plus

Incorporates one Tungsten Balance weight which optimizes launch angle, ball flight and accuracy Provides draw bias and head stability Exclusive Yonex "Power-Wave" face technology provides a larger impact zone for maximum distance UL-Titanium 7 graphite shaft is specifically designed for clubheads over 300cc

gary   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 22, 2008]
Model Reviewed: vmass 400 driver

I bought this driver ealier this summer off ebay for about 40 bucks. I fought a hook for a while but went to a weaker grip and I am very pleased with the results. You don't have to swing hard to hit the ball long and straight.

na

Similar Products Used: My old driver was a Liquid metal driver I recieved as a gift.
spdrcr   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 25, 2005]
Model Reviewed: Yonex Vmass 400+

I purchased a new Yonex Vmass 400 at a local golf shop in the area. I am very happy with the club, my lengthed and accuracy improved over my old driver, a Yonex Super Titanium (1999). The head is very deep, which gives an impression of having a very large sweetspot. I feel as though I can hit it anywhere on the head and still have a good shot generate. There are still times where I leave the face open, leading to a slice due to the larger head, but when I concentrate on turning my wrists over instead of killing the ball, I get great results. This club is easy to hit for a mid to high handicapper. I cannot speak for any scratch golfers, because I honestly don't know any. Overall, I have been impressed with this club, as I always have been with Yonex drivers and fairway woods. They are all I play, although I have hit Callaway and Cleveland drivers as well. I keep coming back to Yonex. I was disappointed in the fact that I snapped the clubhead off in normal play. In speaking with Yonex they told me this is abnormal for their clubs, as I can attest, as I have played Yonex for 15 years and never had a problem before. This leads to my review of the customer service.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT!!!! I contacted Yonex customer service via email, and I was extremely happy when they issued a return authorization # even though I didn't purchase the club from an authorized dealer (there are none in my area, unfortunately). I didn't have to fight with them, and once the RA was issued, I sent the club in and in about 2 weeks, a new club was returned. I had requested a new shaft be placed on the club, but to my surprize, a fully shrinkwrapped head and grip was in the box. I cannot be happier about a company standing behind their product. Yonex has impressed me with the craftsmanship in their product, their innovations and technology and the customer service they provide.

Similar Products Used: Callaway GBB, Cleveland Launcher, Ping ISI
Precept   Shoots in the 70s [May 31, 2003]
Model Reviewed: V-MASS 400

This driver is long and forgiving.Does seem to fly a little high but the carry is amazing.Hitting it 280 to 300 using a Maxfli Revolution and since the fairways are still soggy here the ball plugs or bounces back a yard.

Similar Products Used: Deep Red,TalorMade,Calliway
Vlad   Shoots in the 90s [Apr 30, 2003]
Model Reviewed: V-Mass 400

I had a chance to test 400 at the demo day of Yonex clubs. Out of fun did try some of the drivers - and was sold on the 400 immediatelly! Absolutly great club - great sound, great look, great feel - great distance! Thanks YONEX!

Not used as yet

Similar Products Used: Ping TiSi, Cleveland Louncher 400
Andrew   Shoots in the 90s [Feb 15, 2003]
Model Reviewed: Yonex v-mass 400

Great club. Love the feel and weight. It gives you the confidence to swing away. When researching for a new driver I was impressed with Yonex's custom manufacturing. They make their own heads, shafts, and grips. Believe me you can tell. I'm now often longest in my group. Some of my partners have been playing a lot longer than I have. Try it and you won't be disappointed. Best I've ever used.

Not needed

Similar Products Used: Taylor Made, Callaway, Cleveland, Nike
VITOON   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 07, 2003]
Model Reviewed: YONEX V MASS 400

Just recieved it in the morning today (02/07/03). Straight to driving range at lunch. Initial visual on this club is fantastic. It does seems to have a draw-bias face on it. After having hit a small bucket, I'm very impress on how this club perform. Immeadiate distance improvement for me. From 250 to 265-275 that's awesome. At first I tried to swing easy to moderate. This club perform nicely, good trajectory not too high. Then as I tried to crank some,it perform even better the trajectory is higher(greater carry) and straigt or with a slight draw. Awesome club!!!!!

Very good service from Swingmastergolf. Promt delivery and good communication.

Similar Products Used: Have tried just about everything. (ping, titleist, cleveland, zevo....)
Bettinardi   Shoots in the 90s [Dec 22, 2002]
Model Reviewed: VMass 9deg Stiff ULTi Shaft

Just got it from the seller and immediately off to the practice range to test this baby. Appearance-wise, this driver is a piece of art. The torque on the shaft is very low. Why not. The entire supply chain of this club is oversee by Yonex so we are talking about TQM here. Anyways, the drive is long and straight. I estimate about 220 yards with the crappy floater practice balls. It should do amazing with the regular golf balls we normally use on course. The 9* is a bit high than I expected. However, it could be my swing. The sound it emits is loud like the Zevo Compressor, but sound much better than the Zevo. The only thing I didn't like was the head seem to twist with some shots. Then again, it could be my swing. I'm not worried since the shaft is titanium and it would take a lot more than my 95mph swing to snap the club. Overall, this driver is a keeper. It's long, straigt, and forgiving.

No idea. Should be good though.