Callaway ERC Fairway Woods

Callaway ERC Fairway Woods

Club head features forged titanium 5-piece design Hot face design with optimized internal weighting increases ball speed and launch angle for greater distance potential Conforms with USGA rules

[Aug 18, 2009]
Dennis
Model Reviewed: Callaway ERC 5 wood

I found this club at Master Golf. I can't believe how straight and deep this beauty goes. I bought a used RCH also. I can't decide which is better. I think the RCH is a little softer Regular shaft than the ERC. Why don't they still make it? Not that the newer ones are bad but these are sweet. I also have the Hyper X and Hot 3 woods. Both are excellent picks.

Ive tried them all. I like the TaylorMade Burner for a driver, but Callaway is my pick for fairway woods.

[Oct 07, 2004]
chemengr2006
Model Reviewed: Callaway ERC Woods

18 Handicapper, 3-4 rounds/week (college student) Purchased Callaway ERC 3 and 5 woods. Oustanding fairway woods. Weight balance is exceptional. Both woods have 1* closed face which makes noticeable difference on hits that should have sliced/faded. Working ball to the right is more difficult than the draw, but still exellent clubs. I would say that you may lose 5% distance to the great big bertha II woods, but the ERC's "want" to hit straighter and more accurateley. Ball flight is very high; take caution in windy scenarios. If you choose these clubs you should go EBAY ALL THE WAY! You can always find these woods in great condition for a fraction of the manufacturer cost. Thank you Callaway and Golf Review! David Matthew Taylor, E.I.T.

None required

[Sep 06, 2004]
Tingle
Model Reviewed: Callaway ERC 3 & 7 Fairway Woods

Fantastic woods. I used to have the Hawkeye 4 wood but found the closed face caused unwanted hooks. The 16 degree 3 wood is great off the tee or turf. The 20 degree seven is even easier off the turf and easier and longer than a 3 iron. I was thinking of getting the 12.5 degree 3+ but am not sure if it will continue to conform to the rules regarding COR. The 16 degree 3 has no problem conforming, as the COR rules only apply to driving clubs, and the definition of a driving club is a club with a loft of 15 degrees or less.

Never had to use them

Callaway hawkeye 4 wood.

[Sep 23, 2003]
Jack
Model Reviewed: ERC II Driver and 3 Wood

Purchased the ERC II Driver 2 years ago when it came out relatively new and loved it when I hit it straight (my swing caused the errant shots). Notable longer than my Warbird driver. The 3 Wood is beautiful, clearly my favorite club in the bag. Very easy to hit 250+ and straight, more for the bigger hitter. You will love these clubs, especially the 3 wood. By them on eBaby and save a ton.

[Sep 19, 2003]
Tim Smith
Model Reviewed: ERC II , 3 & 5 wood

I have always been a long iron hitter out of necessity, as I could never hit my woods. The ERC 3 wood was the first, the driver followed and now the 5 wood. I have taken 10 strokes off my game. All are very forgiving and easy to hit.

They are beautiful clubs and I have never had any trouble with any of them. Super clubs!

Big Bertha, Spalding, Mcgregor, Mizuno

[May 27, 2003]
badrul
Model Reviewed: ERC 5 wood

Recently bought this club during the Pan West sale. Mine was fitted with the System 50 regular graphite shaft. Took it to the driving range and hit a few balls. The feel was solid and the balls flew straight to 180 meter mark with nice trajectory. I'm not a hard hitter and hit the balls to 220 meters with my driver. Played with it on the course and got the same result. Awesome club. Easy to set up and the feel was so solid .At USD 178, I can't go wrong. Thinking of getting the 3 and 7 wood as well.

Pan West has serviced be well over the years.

Adam Tight Lies, Honma.

[Mar 25, 2003]
CrimsonTim
Model Reviewed: Callaway ERC 3 wood

Outstanding club. Super long, but more importantly, VERY consistent. Misses are slight pushes or pulls. No big duck hooks or bananna slices. Easy to hit off the deck, and always great trajectory. It has a great appearance and gives you a lot of confidence. I can get as much from this 3 wood as most of my playing group get from their driver. I plan on adding the 5 wood, and maybe the 7 wood to my bag. Best fairway woods I have ever hit.

Adams Tightlies, Orlimar Trimetal, Steelhead, Cleveland Quadpro and Taylor Made

[Mar 22, 2003]
ikcro
Model Reviewed: ERC 3+ WOOD

This is a awesome club.! I bought this brand new on ebay.I hit this club off the tee at 285 and off the ground 270. Club is solid as a rock, nice sound and feel. Very consistent, very forgiving and accurate club. this club feels,plays better and longer than my Mizuno 3 wood, my old Callaway 3wood and many others that i tried or owned .If you use it on par 4's or 5's it'll improve your score like it did for me.I improved by 8 strokes with this 3 wood. the best ERC 3 wood Callaway ever made.

Mizuno 3+wood,Callaway Big Bertha TI 3+ wood,Taylor Made 3wood..

[Mar 06, 2003]
Tannersnoo
Model Reviewed: Callaway ERC 7 wood

An excellent utility club that perfectly replaces my 3-iron on courses where I want a higher trajectory and soft landing on the green. Golfing buddies tease me when they see the club but not when I hit it straight and high off the tee on longer par 3s. Great 190-210 yard club. Excellent from medium rough. Very forgiving off the fairway. Mis-hits produce 80-90 % of distance as compared to sweetspot. Nice club to have if you need to get over trees and such on an approach to a green because of the high trajectory. Finish is, well, Callaway, beautiful. Much nicer headcover than the original steelheads (what is up with that hot pan handle headcover anyway!!!). As all Callaway products, I think it is moderately pricey.

Callaway, along with Ping are tops in customer service. Very responsive to customer needs.

Orlimar 5 wood is as close as it gets.

[Feb 12, 2003]
mike
Model Reviewed: ERC II 7 wood

Absolutely love my ERC 7 wood with stock firm flex shaft. Very solid club. I average about 180-190 with the 7 wood. Can't get this distance with my long irons yet. I also hit this club straighter than anything else in my bag. There are days where I have problems with other clubs but I'll hit this 7 wood straight. Great sound at impact with the titanium head. Easy to hit off the fairway with not much loss in distance.

Adams GT, Taylor Made Mid Rescue, Wilson Deep Red, Mizuno FliHi, Adams Iwood