Callaway Steelhead III Fairway Woods

Steelhead III

Features VFT technology Fairway woods are longer from heel to toe with consistent 2 degrees of loft between models for better control and consistency

Connie   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 07, 2010]
Model Reviewed: 3 steelhead 111

Love my 5 steelhead 111 wood - just bought the 3. Would like to know what year these woods were made.

Gerry   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 29, 2009]
Model Reviewed: callaway steelhead 3 fairway woods

Absolutely the best fairway woods made. And I have tried alot of different brands.

duval song   Shoots in the 90s [Nov 25, 2008]
Model Reviewed: callaway steelhead 111

i have always been hesitant on using fairway wood till i built my confidence with this. Slowyly but surely will be my go to club for par 5 and long par 4. the look is great and the feeling and forgivness is fantastic.

Similar Products Used: cobra , hawkeye
bigpun1974   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 09, 2008]
Model Reviewed: steelhead lll 3 wood

I have owned this club for a long time and it is by far the oldest club in my bag. I had the uniflex shaft replaced with a TT S300and had a smaller grip put on. This club is very forgiving and it is my go to club on tight holes. The head is just big enough to inspire confidence of the tee and not so big that you feel like you are trying to hit a driver off the deck from the fairway.

Similar Products Used: N/A
numberjuan   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 08, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Callaway Steelhead III 3/5W

Picked up a used 5 wood with a steel True Temper TX90 stiff shaft, hit it into a net at Golfmart in San Diego. The ball jumped of the face so I took a chance and bought it $40. I can hit it consistently 220 to 230 yards. Loved it so much I looked for a mathcing 3 wood. Found a 3 wood on eBay for another $40 and now have clubs that give me viable options from the tee and also gives me a legitimate chance of reaching many par 5's. I have hit many fairway woods, including all the new technology and these clubs are it for me. I can hit the 5 wood up to 230 yards and the 3 wood plus or minus 250 yards.

Similar Products Used: N/A
RayP   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 11, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Callaway steelhead III

Always been an equipment junky and have used quite a lot of different gear over the years and am always looking for something different. I was watching a golf show on Cable tele and they were interviewing Greg NORMAN and going through his bag of clubs. This was quite recent and he was using a prototype set of McGregor irons, BUT, he was carrying a Callaway steelhead III, 3 and 4 wood. I thought why would a guy like this with squillions of dollars at his disposal be carrying such an old model metal wood. I thought, I have to try one out. They are selling on Ebay for about $40 for a good quality used one, I bought one. I wont go on and on like some of the other reviews but I can sum it up in one word, "perfect" in every regard. Long, straight with good feel and workability. I also bought a 5 wood and am looking for a 4 wood although they are rare left handed.

Not applicable

Similar Products Used: Too many to mention...
Joe   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 25, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Steelhead III

7 wood with regular flex graphite is amazing. I use stiff flex on all my clubs, but received this one free from dad. I hit it consistently 190-200yds. I can't believe how good this club is. I rarely hit a bad shot with it. Works well in the rough too. Unfortunately, I tried the 3 and 5 in regular flex and couldn't hit them to save my life, reg shaft was too flexy.

Similar Products Used: Taylormade firesole 3 and 5 wood.
Older clubs not worth mentioning.
Louie_T07   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 26, 2006]
Model Reviewed: Steelhead III fairway woods

There is a reason why these clubs were rated the best fairway woods by Golf Digest. Because they are just that, the best!
I bought both my 3 & 5 woods from Callaway pre-owned for a total of $200 by the time they got into Canada, crossing the boarder. I was not the least bit disappointed with my purchase, both clubs are excellent additions to my set.
The clubs preform outstandingly as well. They are a nice weight and have great feel. The two clubs have a great sound on well struck balls. Both are steel shafted which make them easy to use in the rough. I even find I can somewhat work the ball with the 5-wood, not perfectly but I get the job done.
I would recommend these clubs to anyone who asked me about them. I have been so happy with them. I was also quite happy with Callaway pre-owned, I was promised my package in 5 business days and it arrived in 3. All the way from Texas to Guelph, Ontario Canada.

Shop at Callaway Pre-owned, even if its just for a look around. You would be surprised what they have.