Callaway X Fairway Woods

Callaway X Fairway Woods

The X-Sole design, the clubhead rests on two distinct, raised areas of the sole, eliminating the tendency of the head to rock back and forth at address. That means a more consistent alignment that will help ensure your shots start off on-line. A lower leading edge allows you to hit down under the ball, especially helpful on tight lies. Internal weighting is positioned ideally in each loft. making it easy to get the ball airborne and resulting in a more ideal trajectory.

[Oct 12, 2011]
joe cool
Model Reviewed: callaway x 2008. 3 wood 15 degree.

Just got it. Replaced an Adams GT 3 wood I had a hard time hitting. This one is nice! Driving with it or hitting off the fairway...straight and long. Nice little
metallic "tink" at impact. Good sound feedback...you know when you hit the sweetspot.

na

[Jun 10, 2011]
jjloans
Model Reviewed: X Hybrid 21* 3h

Picked up this hybrid on the cheap at a local store used... I have tried many hybrids, they just did not work for me.

This hybrid is outstanding. Very easy to hit, trajectory is meduim high, sound is very nice, distance is excellent.

Looks great at setup, very workable.

Lands soft have the R flex 80 gram stock shaft.

Still sort of spendy online, for good reason!

best

Nickent 3DX, 4DX, Adams various, Sonartec, Wishon, Hogan. 2nd place is the Orlimar H series.

[Aug 26, 2010]
Doug
Model Reviewed: Callaway X

I've been trying to hit this 3-metal consistently now for 3 years, with only moderate success. I originally bought it when Golf Digest gave it such high ratings. But I find that it sets up a little closed and I have to move the ball back to the middle of my stance in order to make good contact. Maybe this club works for other players but for me I don't get the consistency I desire. Normally I would point the finger at myself but I hit every other club in my bag pretty well, so I have to downgrade this club.

[Jul 26, 2010]
Robert
Model Reviewed: Callaway X 3 and 5 woods

Just replaced my old tight lies for the Callaway X 3 and 5 fairway woods. Just one round so far but I had four hits with these (3 with the 3 and 1 with the 5) That I hadn't pulled off in years. 210 yds out, strong uphill green. My 3 wood went over the trap gaurding the green and to the back of the green. My old three wood would have left me 10 yards shy. There is a distictive ping when striking. I found them to be dead straight (even when I was trying to shape a bit). They have a very low trajectory (not sure if I'm just not finding the sweetspot yet. I love the extra length and straightness - I'll work on landing more softly as I get used to them., So far - from just driving range and a round - I've been incredibly impressed. Picked them up at Sports Authority for $80 each-cheapest I could find online or at the local golf shops. So for me the value is tremendous.

Tight Lies

[Jun 08, 2009]
Dave
Model Reviewed: Callaway X Woods

I picked up one of these for a company raffle. My cousin got it and I used it several times. Loved it so I bought the whole callaway X line. Lowered trajectory, easy to hit anywhere! Can hit it anywhere from 200-240, so on those days where my driver is not on, I pull this out. Never really balloon this club, and can keep the ball extremely low if needed. I'd suggest getting both the 3 and 5 too, 5 wood works great for getting it up in the air quick, and for long distance when you have tree/obstacles to clear. As well as can keep it low.

Great Clubs.

X driver, 5 wood, 3 wood.

[May 04, 2009]
Boulder
Model Reviewed: Callaway X 3 wood (2007)

Nice low and small profile inspires confidence in hitting off tight fairways. Nice boring trajectory cuts through the wind well.

Callaway Hot X, Callaway Steelhead, Sonartec SS-3.5

[Feb 15, 2009]
rsmastro
Model Reviewed: callaway 3x (2007)

I find the club sets up closed and have to adjust stance accordingly-a little more centered. Tend to pull ball slightly left(right handed player) Club is great off tee, again really have to pay attention to set up. Good club but you really have to have the feel for it. There are easier 3 woods out there for the average player. Not knocking it just trying to help out those thinking of buying one.

never used them

Hogan Big Ben three wood-best club I ever had got stolen.

[Jul 11, 2008]
WooGuy
Model Reviewed: Callaway 3W HOT

I recently purchased the Callaway X Hot 3W with a Adila VS Proto shaft. This club is very long on a well struck ball. Also, it's very long off the tee. To give you an example of this club's benefits, I mis-hit a 230 yard drive on a 502 yard par 5 that I have never reached in 2. Instead of laying up I chose to use my 3w and see I close I could get the ball. With a nice easy swing I left the ball 10 yards short of the green. Imagine if I hit my normal 250 - 260 yard drive? I probably would flew the green by 30+ yards!!! That is something I've never done.

The shaft helps also. With the high kickpoint and torque the ball stays nice and low and runs forever.

[Jun 28, 2008]
John McCoy
Model Reviewed: Callaway X 4 wood Steel Uniflex

This is one of the best clubs I've ever used. I carried a cheap, off-brand 3 wood and 5 wood for years, and I could hit them well off the tee, but I never had much success hitting them off the grass.

This club changed all that for me. Now, instead of laying up with a mid iron or gambling with a long iron, this is my go-to club to knock one greenside on short par 5's or keep it right down the middle on a tight fairway. It gets the ball up off the ground very easily, with a mid-high trajectory. It's also very forgiving; even off-center hits fly long and true. This is a perfect club for someone looking to add some consistency to their long game.

Callaway Pre-Owned Customer Service is always very helpful. Club was well protected and shipping was very fast.

[Jun 27, 2008]
sthorpe1
Model Reviewed: Callaway X 3W (2006)

This is an excellent product offering, but it's not for everyone. If you are looking for a high ball flight with lots of spin to increase distance do not buy this product. This is a mid launch club with a pentrating flight and loads of distance. Great from turf or tee. Ball does not balloon even straight into the wind. Good price. Great club. X-Hot is good to, but not as versatile from fairway.

Excellent by call center, or contact by email.

TM200, TM Burner, Callaway X Hot