Cleveland Launcher Fairway Woods

Cleveland Launcher Fairway Woods

• The maraging steel face has a higher strength-to-weight ratio than standard 17-4 stainless steel. The high strength characteristics allow us to create an extremely thin and lightweight face. This makes the face “hotter”, providing maximum distance.
• The fairway woods offer optimal face depth, which provides a large hitting area for increased forgiveness.
• The combination of a pear shape and a proportional head size make it easy to square the face at address, providing confidence time after time.
• A traditional score line pattern ensures proper spin and launch angles, even in wet or heavy grass conditions.

[Jan 30, 2016]
Charlie Roberts
Model Reviewed: Launcher

I bought the 15 and 17 degree fairway woods new.Tried callaway extreme 3 wood,just could not it off the ground;went back to my launchers and have kept them in my bag since.

Callaway extreme fit 3 wood

[Jan 17, 2016]
Steve C
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Cleveland 17 degree launcher wood

I have had the Cleveland launcher driver (9.5), 3 wood (15), 4 wood (17) and 22 degree wood for the past 20 years. I have tried many many other clubs but none can compete with the competence of these clubs. I really think it's the shafts on the clubs, Fujikura. Great clubs and I am sadden to think what I would do if these clubs are damaged...it has been a great run with these clubs and I am thankful to have many superb rounds with them.

[Jul 14, 2010]
Golfsalty
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Launcher fairway wood (17) degree

Not much to be said other than it is redicuously long. Long off the tee and fairway.Try it and you will love it.

[Jul 13, 2010]
stiffy979
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Launcher Fairway Wood

This is a great club to put in your bag, will not let you down. It is a great wood to use off of the tee and in the fairway. I have played with the 3, 4, 5, and 7 wood all played fantastic. Love looking down and them and the gold shaft compliments the club so well. The shaft also performs very well, would recommend these woods to any golfer. Ball jumps off the face and goes long one of the best fairway woods out of the very many that I have played.

[Apr 26, 2010]
UKSteve
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Launcher (2009) 3 Wood High Trajectory 17*

I wanted to find a club that filled the gap between my 9.5* Burner driver and my 21* rescue 3 hybrid.
My criteria was for a fairway wood that I could hit both from the tee and the fairway but I wanted something to give me more distance than a 5 wood, but not a specific 3 wood that may be hard to hit from the fairway.
After reading lots of reviews I decided on the 2009 Cleveland Launcher 17* high trajectory (HT) 3 Wood (in some cases I think its labelled a 4 wood) with the red fujikara stiff shaft.
What a club !! .. Nice at address, good weight, good feel at impact, long and straight off the tee and long and easy to hit from the fairway. Great ball flight and control and very forgiving.
I'm 39 years old, I play off 15 and am 5ft 11ins, in good shape and have quite a fast swing speed. I also used to find in difficult to hit a 3 & 5 wood and keep control of them.
Not anymore, what a golf club!! I can hit this 240+ yards from the tee and its as easy to hit from the fairway as a 5 wood / hybrid all arrow straight.
I absolutely love this club and recommend it to anyone. It inspires a lot of confidence, both on the tee and fairway.
I picked one up off ebay for £50 inc. headcover a month ago and I cant say enough good things about this club.
I dont normally write reviews, but I simply had to in this case, so if you're in the market for a similar club, go get a Cleveland launcher, great club.

No experience

Callaway X20 irons, Calloway X series 3 hybrid/rescue, Taylor Made Burner 9.5* driver.

[Feb 17, 2010]
Pky6471
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Launcher 2009 3-wood

What a club !!! I played a 2009 model last weekend, it comes with a Fuji R-flex Gold (55-g) and I hit it so straight. This is the first time in a long time that I enjoy a 3-W again, I thought that my Tour Edge 3-W (Aldila NV R-flex) is good but this 2009 Launcher model fits me like a glove... I just have to eBay one when the price is right. Give it a try when you have a chance

don't know but it's tough to beat Callaway

Callaway, Tour Edge, TaylorMade

[Dec 23, 2009]
bri
Model Reviewed: cleveland launcher 5 wood

this is the best 5 wood i have ever played with. Got it for a bargain price from a friend and never regretted buying it.

[Sep 13, 2009]
nick
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Launcher Gold fairway wood

I just got this club given to me like a week ago. I can tell you that my previous wilson torque doesnt compare to this thing. i use to hit my previous 3 wood with a terrible slice but i hit the cleveland straight as an arrow and have like 10 more yards on it. great club.

[Feb 19, 2008]
ECooks
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Hibore XL

I've struggled with drivers since I started playing 5 years ago. I played several brands and would always borrow my friends Taylormade R7 for consistency and distance and thought about buying one. But after reading alot of reviews and talking to others I bought a Cleveland Hibore XL with the stock Fuji S-Flex Red and all I can say is I finally have a driver I can handle. I took it out this weekend and bombed away mostly straight drives, and any off shots barely strayed off course. I also bought a Cleveland halo 2i and am now sold on the Cleveland brand.

Taylormade 540, R5 and R7, Callaway Big Bertha, MacBurrow, AdamsRedline, Cobra

[Apr 20, 2007]
cwright
Model Reviewed: Launcher 13* and 19* (3 and 5 wood) both w/ Fuji Gold 65g Stiff Graphite Shafts

First of all let me start this review by saying I haven't hit a ton of fairway woods. Probably only 10-13 in my entire golfing life. I've owned the 13* 3 wood with the Fuji Gold 65g Stiff Shaft for probably 2 1/2 to 3 years and its probably one of the most consistent clubs in my bag. I recently added the 19* 5 Wood with matching shaft and it preforms just as well.

I usually hit my 3 wood off the tee box on par 4's and short par 5's because I hit it about 265-275 with regularity and hit a high percentage of fairways. I can work the ball easily with this club. Its just a smooth swinging club that rewards a good golf swing.

Out of the fairway, I would say I hit the 3 wood about 240-255 and the 5 wood about 220-235. Both are very dependable.

Just the other day I was playing a Dog Leg par 5. I hit my 5 wood about 230 out to the landing spot and had about 255 to the green. Ball was slightly below my feet so I just aimed for left side of the green and hit a slight fade into the front of the green, my ball bounced one time started to roll and ended up 3 feet below the hole for an easy eagle on the #3 handicap hole on the course. The best thing about it is that there was no hesitation to hit the 3 wood from that distance and there was a lake behind the hole and a swamp in front of the green. You literally had about 5 yards around the green that was safe to land the ball or you were in trouble. That's how confident I am these clubs. They just do what you tell them to do and do it well. If they only made wives in this model :-)

Give these bad boys a try. You can get a good one on eBay for $50 or so. I can't imagine being more consistent with any other fairway wood.

Never had to use them.

Ping TISI, Sonartec SS-02 and SS-03, TM Dual Rescue, Callaway Heavenwoods (probably second favorite), Orlimar Tri-Metals, Titleist (older model)