TaylorMade Burner Fairway Woods

TaylorMade Burner Fairway Woods

The Burner fairway wood from TaylorMade has been improved upon for this year and is bound to give you all you have been looking for and more in a fairway wood. Featured Dual Crown saves weight in the clubhead to lower the CG and promote more carry and distance (35% lower CG than previous Burner fairway model). Fast-looking triangular Burner® head shape permits an ultra-deep CG location and is more forgiving and easier to launch. Incorporates SuperFast technology to promote faster swing speed for increased distance. Largest footprint of any TaylorMade Steel fairway increases confidence at address and touts 6% higher MOI than previous Burner fairway model.

[Mar 22, 2013]
Robin Dale
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Burner 3 Wood

Picked this up last year in the spring to replace my Adams Speedline. Definately easy to hit, and to keep in the fairway. Ball comes off the face hot. I can't get this one up very high but it goes long. Really an easy club for a 3 wood. Now I'm no longer worried about what will happen when I pull out the fairway wood, just line it up and let her fly!

Adams Speedline, Adams Tight Lies, Callaway Diablo

[Aug 07, 2011]
Foundthebunker
Model Reviewed: 2011 Burner Superfast 5 wood

Found this club while getting my irons fitted. The fitter let me take one out and demo it on a sim for a while. I loved that it responded well to minor swing tweaks. Mis hits definitely cut 30 or so yards off the shot, but it is fairly easy to find the sweet spot. After 4 rounds on real courses with it, it actually performs better than it did on the sim for me. Coming from a clevland 5 wood I gained a few yards, but that is mostly from the confidence gained swinging this club. Its effortless getting this club in the air and straight. Only thing I dont like about it is the black sole..the white crown is sharp, but the black face just shows wear with every shot. A fair trade off for the performance I guess, will be looking at the 3 wood next. They also offer this model in a 16.5 degree 4 wood, which I found could almost replace both of fairway metals at once. I only rate it a 4 star b/c of the black face wearing so easily.

Havent used

Cleveland launcher 3 and 5 wood, Adams idea woods, Titleist 904

[Mar 31, 2011]
tstang66
Model Reviewed: 3 wood burner 09

This is a great club...The ball fly off this club straight and its easy to get under it of the grass due to the profile of the club head....Its like it uses the whole head head of the club due to the low but wide face makes it easy to hit...I hated my old woods(snake eyes) these are so much better...Also vie tried to hit ping G3 my friend has and didn't do well...burner is the way to go 3 wood goes 200 ears easy with no effort and its straight too.

[Jun 21, 2010]
Pipelion
Model Reviewed: TM Burner Superfast 7 wood

Review of the 2010 Superfast 7 wood.

I'm bogie golfer with good technique and a solid fluid swing. But I'm a short hitter. Driving 225 is good for me.

My swing slowed as I'm 58. The senior flex is the ticket. Three years ago all my clubs were stiff shafts. Now I need senior. But it's like majic . They allow me to get the ball airborn and then more distance.

This 7 wood is sexy and sweet. I hit a 165 yard par three green pin high. And just missed another 165 par three. It's fuctional , hits great, and is cosmetically perfect. Highly recommend.

?

Older TM Ti Fairway woods (bronze one)

[Nov 26, 2009]
mrprovisional
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Burner 3wood

This is probably the best 3 wood I ever played with. I traded my Nike dymo sq 3 wood for this. All together, I got this for $50 and its the best money spent. I never hit so many solid shots due to the extreme forgiveness and workability of the club. I only hooked and sliced once today at the course and on par 5's I was about 20 yards short on my second shots. For anyone looking into purchasing one, you will not be disappointed.

Awesome customer service form a local golf shop.

[Sep 25, 2009]
bored2dayru2
Model Reviewed: Talor Made burner 3-wood-S

While using the club, I was extremley pleased with the way you could control the flight of the ball. This is my second burner club, and the head has fallen off of both of them. When they stay togeather the're a great club to have along.

Store couldn't do anything but send it back to the factory since it was 3 months old, It didn't seem to matter that I only got to use the club for 2-1/2 rounds of golf (approx. 16 hits).

I have two Taylor Made drivers at this time, have had both of them for 3 or more years. Love them both.

[Jun 14, 2009]
rxmann13
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Burner 3 wood

Purchased the club to fill a gap between my hybrids and driver. It feels so good coming off the tee. Out drove the others in my group by atleast 20 yards.

Bought at Dicks Sporting Goods

v-steel

[Jan 19, 2009]
jedererbob
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Burner 2006 13 degree 3 wood

This club is absolutely killer. Super Friendly off the tee, easy to hit from fairway lies, and long long long from both. I usually played a choked down, cut-fade with this club and usually hit it 230-240 yards consistently. I am a longer hitter but this club was absolutely hot of the face. High ball flight for a low ball hitter like myself.

Not needed.

Tour Edge Fairway woods, Cleveland Launcher 3 wood.

[Oct 15, 2008]
vacanda
Model Reviewed: Taylormade burner fairway 3 wood 15*

Bought the Burner Fairway 3 wood off tgw.com. Had been using taylormade rescue prior to this alongside my mizuno irons. It performed admirably beyond my expectation. Had the opportunity to use it at a local club's par 4 424m hole and hit the second shot right to the green. Missed my birdie putt though. Its wonderfully easy to use, far easier to point and shoot straight compared to my taylormade mid rescue. Have not tried it off the bunker as yet. The rescue did perform miracles out of shallow bunkers in the past. It'll prob stay in my bag for a while by the way it performs.

Not used it.

Maruman Shuttle 3 wood, taylormade 2 rescue.