TaylorMade V Steel Fairway Woods

TaylorMade V Steel Fairway Woods

A fairway wood should be long, accurate, and versatile. Taylor Made's V Steel fairway woods deliver all three of these essentials, thanks in large part to their V-shaped sole that improves the dynamics of how the sole interacts with the turf at impact.

[Oct 15, 2016]
Jack
Model Reviewed: 3w

Chalk up another convert to this classic three wood.
Really easy off the tee and you can go at without ballooning. Sort of lower than most 3's off the grass...the flight is more boring than most.
Igot back some length lost to age. I might cut it to 4w length to be more consistent contact off tight lies.

$12 on eBay. New. (really)

Big Bertha 2. Steelhead.

[Jan 04, 2016]
Roberto Clemente
Model Reviewed: V Steel 3 and 7 wood

By the far the easiest woods on the planet.
Got the 3 wood on reading the reviews here.
After hitting the 3 got the 7 and BAM another winner. Im now hunting a 5 wood. The stock regular graphite shaft was plenty OK for me. Just sweet swing it, and it will blast off!

Nike Covert, unless you are Rory foget bout it.

[Jun 03, 2015]
Rick Galloway
Model Reviewed: V Steel 3wood & 5wood R Graphite

Recently bought these two woods from Play It Again Sports.$40.00 for the two and took them out immediately to a range. Wow! I had been playing with the Callaway XHOT's and thought that I would not change for a while. Had been playing is the key statement. Even though these are old technology the Taylor Made V Steel is the best fairway wood I have ever hit. Can't wait until tomorrow when I can play these for real

Callaway XHOT 3&5 Woods Project X Graphite shafts

[May 27, 2013]
Sean Stratton
Model Reviewed: v steel 13* tour spoon w/ dgs400

First off this is a fairway metal that you must reshaft if you buy it with a stock steel or graphite shaft in it. The stock offerings are average at best. A heavy steel shaft like a dynamic gold s400 if you play stiff shafts makes for a great feeling club and also brings the trajectory down so you can hit stingers and also have a tighter dispersion pattern. This club has a wonderful sole on it. The design makes it very easy to hit the ball solidly out of tight lies and out of the rough. As far as hitting it off of a tee it is pretty much a typical strong 3 metal. Where the club stands out is off the deck, especially into the wind. Draws and fades can be executed with relative ease teed up or off the deck if you know how to control the clubface at impact. In May of 2013 you pretty much have to search ebay or craigslist to find one of these as the club has been out for nearly ten years now.

none needed i got this off of a driving range pro with the s400 in it.

titleist 975f......king cobra speed pro

[Feb 28, 2011]
eric shawn
Model Reviewed: vsteel 5 wood

the club that put golf back into my soul, its a forgiving high performing use of golf club technology. Vsteel fwwoods are awesiome.absolutely a joy to hit hit. woooow. ajs17

[Aug 08, 2010]
Juan
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Vsteel 3 Wood

I use it off the Tee in tight situations. Probably the best Fairway wood ever made. Literally point and click.

[Apr 13, 2010]
RAMMERJAMMER80
Model Reviewed: taylormade v steel 3 wood

bought this club back around '03 and still play it.With a good clean hit Im hitting it around 230, which is pretty good when I barely drive 300 yards. This is my go to club on those days when I just cant keep my driver in the fairway, or when Im playing a course with tighter fairways. Great club!!!

[Jan 24, 2010]
MBRICH
Model Reviewed: TM VSteel 15* 3 wood

I have not hit this club on the course yet but what I felt at Roger Dunns can only be described as heaven. Upon speaking to the customer service rep at Dunns he informed me that this 3 wood is one of the best FW woods ever made(in his opinion), which I respect. Purchased the club for $29.99 used.....STOKED! He told me that it is very rare to see a TM VSteel FW in the used section. Upon checking for this item on EBAY I discovered a total (4 Right Handed Stiff 15* 3 woods).....only 4? On the largest buy/sell site in the world? Proof is in the pudding that this club is a keeper and I am pretty excited to put this baby to the test! I'm sure i'll be home in 2 on all PAR 5's for the remainder of my life!!!! LOL. Hit em straight, LATE!

Roger Dunns staff in Seal Beach are excellent. Very helpful and insightful. They have never mislead me.

Older Ping Zing, Cobra Hyper Steel, Callaway Steelhead III

[Dec 28, 2009]
jim bold boy
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made V-Steel

Great club all that needs to be said !!!

[Jun 09, 2009]
Rod
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made V Steel 7 wood Fairway

The best cluib I have ever had the chance to use. Easy to use, light, small head so easy to make good club head speed. Like it`s 3 & 5 brothers it is the only club where I naturaly draw the ball.

TM V steel 3 wood. TM V steel 5 wood.