Titleist 906f Fairway Woods

Titleist 906f Fairway Woods

Was afraid for the better player Titleist clubs, my mistake, bought Driver 905R and fairway woods 906F both withNV green reg shaft and they deliver better (for me) than Ping, Sonartec, Mizuno and some other crap clubs. Bought on a close out.

[Jun 20, 2009]
Charlie from Greenfield
Model Reviewed: Titleist 906f 15.5 with YS-6 Stiff

I purchased the Titleist 906f 15.5 3 wood with a Graphite Disign YS6 stiff shaft to replace various Cleveland Quadpro fairway woods. I put the Titleist 905R driver in my bag several years ago, love it and the shaft, and wanted to find a compliment. I have two Nike CPR hybrids that give me 180-205 from any lie, and was looking for a reliable fairway club 225+ and a tight driving option beside my 21 degree hybrid. This seems to be the one for me. The reviews say this wants to be swept off the turf, and as a peron with an "irons type swing" (hitting down on the ball often) I had to experiment with ball position a bit, keep it a bit forward, line it up on the toe, but this is a long solid 3 wood, pretty versatile. I don't use it in the rough much, as the shallow face hits pop ups from fluffy lies, but this is very dependable. And for the record, I have been a career 10-12 handicap (for 35 years) until I took several (not 100) lessons and learned what "releasing your hands" meant. The pro told me he was going to teach me how to draw the ball, but someday I may decide to play a fade. I got to that point, then last year at a golf outing, I won ONE lesson, and took it on the putting green with a kid less than half my age, learned to line up a blade style putter, learned how to get distance control, and NOW I am a 70s shooter always, not just 3-4 times per year. I have spent over $1500 looking for a 3 wood (be honest, we buy clubs, but Tiger takes lessons.....do you?) and the biggest recent improvement in my game came from 1 hour with a 25 year old on the putting green.

I still love this 3 wood tho'....

Sonartec NP-99 with NV stiff, Cleveland Quadpro with stock (not) stiff shaft,

[Oct 10, 2008]
Murro
Model Reviewed: Titleist 906F4 - Graphite Design Ys6 stiff

Plays as well as it looks. A realy nice glof club. Sits perfectly behind the ball and allows you to open and close the face with generating too much bounce or turf drag. Nice feedback from the face lets you know what part of the club is striking the club. Plenty of distance and for a small club. Works equally well from the tee or the turf. Haven't tried it with other shafts but this one is perfect for me - it gets the ball up quick on a penetrating flight but it doesnt balloon-

Wilson F3 , Taylormade R7 fairway, Cleveland fairway comp

[Aug 29, 2008]
Tobbe H
Model Reviewed: Titleist 906F2

as with most titleists this club is aimed at the better player, yet i find it more forgiving than most. the thing that makes Titleist clubs the best (in my opinion) is the consistently traditional design. for me the look of a club is as important when addressing the ball as its actual performance, and this club definately lives up to all requirements in that field; plus theres no feeling that goes up against hitting this club dead center down the fairway.

all sorts of cobras and callaways

[Jul 28, 2008]
Eddy
Model Reviewed: 906f2

Just got this club and love it. I have a True-Temper Dynamic Gold shaft and love the control of the club. While not as great off the tee as my Taylormade the fairway shots are much better. Easy to hit from all lies.

Taylormade R7

[Feb 29, 2008]
pmitch101
Model Reviewed: Titleist 906F2

I bought the Titleist 907 D2 driver and really like it, so decided to buy the 15* 906F2 fairway wood. I found it difficult to use. I hit some really good shots but others were poor and overall I lost confidence in the club. The sweet spot seemed very small. I think this club is definately best suited to low single figure players/ pros. I purchased the Titleist 906F4 15.5* wood instead and am hitting the ball lots better with that.

NA

Taylor Made 200, Titleist 906F4

[Feb 24, 2008]
scooter_low_shooter
Model Reviewed: titleist 906f

i am a junior golfer and got this second hand in a regular graffaloy pro red shaft, 17 deg. i thought it wouldnt be forgiving and not easy to shape shots however i found the complete opposite. it also goes 10 yards shorter than my driver,with 7 degrees less loft! it is easy to hit from almost any lie in the rough and the fairway because of the small clubhead however i find that i have to tee it low or off the ground on the tee.

mizuno f60, nike sasquatsh 2, callaway warbird

[Feb 21, 2008]
rhettco
Model Reviewed: 906 F2 15 degrees

I bought this club out of the for sale/demo bin at a local course. I was looking for a 3-wood for some time...I really liked a Taylormade TP that I looked at but it was more than i was willing to spend. However, after hitting the range with this club, i liked it enough and the price was right so i took it. It has the Aldila NV 75 stiff shaft in it. Like everyone on here says, it has a low piercing ball flight. I hit it with a consistent low draw almost everytime...I have to really focus on mechanics though with this one because I seem to hook it really easily...more so than any other club in my bag. I also find it really difficult to produce or control a fade. Haven't hit it off the tee alot but i find that I have to tee it down pretty low, or else risk skying it. But I really like it for 2nd shots on long par 5's, which is why i bought it. I'd like to try their new model though with the 13.5 degree loft...as I'd like a bit higher trajectory coming into the greens.

taylormade r7 tp, cleveland laucher, mizuno f-50

[Feb 09, 2008]
Eddie Meagher
Model Reviewed: 906f

Nice club got it for christmas. it is at least 10 yards longer that my old cleveland launcher 3 wood. it is not as forgiving and is more of a players club so i would not reccomend to the higher handicap

dunno

cleveland launcher 15 degree

[Jan 10, 2008]
bellsie
Model Reviewed: 906 f2 15 3 wood

amazing is all i can say. at least 10 yrds longer than my old 980f wich is also a very good three wood as well. easy to hit of the deck or off tee take a look well done again titleist. and cheap right now on ebay paid fifty with steel shaft, replacing right away with a grafflloy tour concept stiff shaft.

never had to use them . all their clubs are built to perfection

980f,r7tp,r7ti,callaway x tour,nickent 4dx

[Nov 29, 2007]
yaboyag
Model Reviewed: 906f 15 degree

I'm a junior golfer and I baught this 3-wood for christmas. This club is a monster. I hit the ball 270 with my driver (905t) and I hit this 3-wood 260. I hit 75% of fairways with this bad boy. I shaved 2-3 strokes off this because of off the tee. My only complaint is the low trajectory and the fact that it is hard to hit off the ground. At my club I have about 7 buddies who all schoot in the low 70's and no one is consistant off the ground.