Titleist 980F Fairway Woods

980F

The 980F fairways offer launch condition, ball flight and playability improvements, along with optimizing current design technology with great looks. Our goal is to provide the serious golfer with a refined and more optimal launch condition, ball flight and playability experience.

Alvin Oliver   Shoots in the 80s [May 08, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 980F Pro Trajectory 15* & 19*

Have aquired the Titleist 980F Pro Trajectory 15* & 19* fairway woods and have found it so easy to hit these clubs, both off the fairway and off a tee. Hitting the ball straighter & longer than with my previous 3 & 5 woods. If you're mid handicap player like me and are looking to improve your long game then these clubs are definitely worth a look. Won't be giving mine up any time soon!

Thedeester1   Shoots in the 90s [Nov 08, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 980F Pro Trajectory 21*

Since Ive just started palying again after 15 years I didnt splash out on all new kit. I Bought this wood from E-bay and was well satisfied with the Immaculate condition. Who ever had it before must have never/hardly used it. Since Ive just started playing again Ive been spending about 12 hours a month at the range. Well I loved this club. Lovelly feel very easy to hit long and straight with a great feel. Problem is after a couple of months and maybe a couple hundred balls the face has collapsed. After telling my golfing M8s about this they all said the same, that it was a common problem with Older Titleist woods. Guess I cant complain for the price but if you like a practice dont over work this club!!!

Similar Products Used: Various Taylor made 5 woods
WSP   Shoots in the 80s [Jan 03, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 980F Strong (3W) and 980F (5W)

Love these fairway woods!!! I was a bit afraid to replace my really old set of fairway woods which I prefer to hit over my drivers off the tee box. But I took the leap and glad I did. These fairway woods added 10-15 yards and control is not an issue unlike my other clubs.

Get these clubs!!! Only $20 to $30 on Ebay!!!

thumper   Shoots in the 70s [Jun 02, 2009]
Model Reviewed: titleist 980F 3w,5w

hello golfers, who says old equipment is no good? titleist makes very excellent equipment but, you may have to put a 2nd morgage on your home just to afford some of this stuff..
i however am somewhat cheap, but i do know good equipment when i see it, i have been golfing with the titleist 980F 3w 15'and the 5w 18'and with the tru temper s-300 shaft you just can't beat the distance and accuracy of these (older clubs).
go ahead try to lure me with the new stuff but...you will have to try and pry these clubs from my cold dead fingers.
there are good clubs...then there are great clubs and titleist has them both, take one out and try it, you like it...see ya on the course... oh yea...bring your dollars.

carlos   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 21, 2008]
Model Reviewed: titleist 980F 3 wood pro trajectory

i purchased this club on ebay. i woudl love to say that im very pleased with this club. i can honestly rely on it form the tee. its also great off the deck. the shape of the head looks very encouraging to hit when addressing the ball. this club is as good as any brand new club. worth purchasing this than splurging on a new $300 3 wood in my opinion.

rolltide32   Shoots in the 90s [Jun 25, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 980f 15* 3 wood

I just recently got this club and I like what I see so far. I had a terrible time with my Wilson Prostaff Oversize 16* 3 wood.
I couldn't hit it up in the air. This 3 wood I can hit with ease. I can hit it about 170-185.(I hit my driver 190-230) I can hit it fairly straight. Got it used from Dad. Great club.

Similar Products Used: Wilson Prostaff Oversize 16* 3 wood.
Adams rpm low profile 5 wood.
Ram wizard ss 18* hybrid.
Daniel   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 12, 2008]
Model Reviewed: 980f 17*

I bought this club on ebay for a steal price of $28. At first I was a little scared that I was not the "typical" Titleist player. All I can say is that this club is amazing. I am not a big hitter by any means, but I am out driving my playing partner when he uses his driver. I'm talking 250+ yards with a 17*. I generally hit this club about 200-225 yards from the fairway. Some people say this is a tough club to hit, but I hit this club more consistently than any other fairway wood I have ever used. The Fujikura Speeder stiff flex shaft is the only way to go in my opinion. My playing partner has a 15* with the Titleist 4375 shaft, but it doesn't stand up to the Speeder. Shop around and you can find this club for a really great price, and you won't be disappointed with this one.

none needed

Similar Products Used: Adams Ovation
TourEdge Bazooka HL
Frankism   Shoots in the 80s [Jan 20, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 980F 17*

Great club! The 17* makes it a little easier to use the club without much loss of distance. Nice little head feels great and the balls just jum of the face.
Got mine with a graffaloy stiff fairway prolite shaft. A combination that works excellent for players with a bit higher swingspeed.

never used

Similar Products Used: Cobra ss, Mizuno blue rage
Winnie   Shoots in the 80s [Sep 04, 2007]
Model Reviewed: 980f 15* & 19*

I've had both the 980f 15 and 19 degree fairways with S300s for over 2 years now I can't see at this time that I would ever need to change them. I'm an 11 handicapper and I've found the best way to hit them of the deck is just to keep it slow and low back and smooth through the ball - the ball invariably just flies off the face with an awesome feel and the flight is amazing. With the 19* I can send it in to greens nice and soft from around 210-215 yards (no wind). I even use it on one of our par 3s which is 192 yards by hitting a high cut with it - it is just so workable. I have used the 15* time and again off the tee when having a bad day with the big dog, although now I have my 905R with NVs bad big dog days are thankfully quite far between. In fact, it was because I loved the feel of the Titleist fairways so much that I even considered getting a Titleist driver in the first place. Really great clubs, I defy anyone not to love them!!

Never needed