Ben Hogan BH-5 Irons

Ben Hogan BH-5 Irons

The new Ben Hogan BH-5 irons, the first fully cast stainless steel irons in the Ben Hogan product line. 17-4 Stainless steel cast construction with extreme perimeter weight design provides maximum playability, control and forgiveness.

[Jan 12, 2018]
Lawdog714

Strength:

I purchased a set of non-offset BH-5 Irons looking for more forgiveness and hopefully distance. These irons delivered on both counts. They are a club longer than other irons I have played and for a cast club feel much softer than I expected. In my first few rounds played I flew the ball over several par fours and had to drop a club to compensate not a bad problem to have. They also allow the ball to be worked a bit as well. Buy these and you won't be disappointed.

Weakness:

From a cosmetic standpoint the aren't as sleek as many forged irons but look as good as any other perimeter weighted club out there. The Hogan signature and logo look good.

Price Paid:
[May 19, 2015]
Sheen
Model Reviewed: BH-5 Offset

Super light flying.
Need new iron set comtemporary version!!
Good product, why not popular in past.
High quality head material and soft and
good sounds....

[Oct 10, 2012]
Tom Needham
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan BH-5 Offset

Great clubs. Got them a little while back for $140 to use while I try to find my perfect iron set. Crisp, forgiving clubs that are long, ended up using them for just over a year and got me down to a single figure. Next irons: Nike VR Pro Combo.

[Apr 09, 2012]
Ryan
Model Reviewed: bh-5 offset

these clubs suck donkey shlong doodle. i was in a match yesterday and needed an 8 iron to a flag 145 yards away and they put the the ball in the parkinglot with a stinging fresh ejaculation tip dick rubbed on the zipper feeling. any miss hits eratically send the ball flying into old men having a circlejerk in the clubhousebar

hickory shafted duck tape knutsacks with oversize grips

[May 24, 2011]
Miguel Verde
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan BH-5 Irons Steel

Still going strong after 4 years. Got these gems on sale at Golf Town and they're still crisp and deliver a great feel.

[Apr 22, 2011]
Rusty Swenson
Model Reviewed: Hogan BH-5 Graphite

Over the past 6 months my graphite shaft have begun to "pull out" of these irons to the point where I snapped the 8-iron. I'm going to nee to get a new set as there must have been some sort of epoxy defect over time. Several of the more heavily used ones (e.g. 7 iron) have approximately a 1/16" gap showing at the bottom.

[Mar 02, 2011]
weekendhacker1
Model Reviewed: BH-5 irons

Bought these brand new $169 on clearance at big5,
the grips showed a long shelf life, but that was easily fixed.
they are also all graphite shafts
I've used them for over almost 2 years now, about 10 rounds every month year round rain or shine, they still work great

not needed yet

none

[Nov 02, 2010]
John Torres
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan BH 5

I'm from the Philippines. I bought these clubs used (good condition)because of budgetary constraints. $177.00. I was using Cobra SS before. I find these forgiving and workable. It has a soft feel to it and i like its old school design. I will use these for a long time. I like the performance. The only problem is it does not age gracefully. the face is easily scratched.

Cobra SS
Ping eye2

[Dec 24, 2009]
letsgoblue_2008
Model Reviewed: BH 5's Offset

I just bought these irons and took them to Charlotte North Carolina to play a round with friends. I was extremely nervous because I didn't know how these irons would perform on the course. And all I can say is, Oh my. Wow, these clubs will improve your ball striking and give you confidence and hit your longer irons. These are a steal. I was so close to paying $400 for some Taylor Made's. Excellent value.

Top Flite Muscle shaft and Muzuno T-Zoids

[Oct 29, 2009]
Brutus
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan BH5 non-offset

I bought these used and like new at Golf Galaxy for $100 because I travel a lot and don't travel with my "regular" clubs. I took these with me to the WIlliamsburg area and shot some handicap reducing rounds for sure. The shots felt soft and solid off the face. Ball flight was higher than what I like, but since it was very straight, I can live with that.

I like the straight forward simple look with the Hogan name and emblem in the cavity. The brushed satin look is also cool. I disagree with a different reviewer in that the Apex stock shaft is a very good shaft. It is the fore-runner to the TT Dynalite shaft. It is a great shaft for players not needing a Dynamic shaft. The tip is softer that the Dynamic for great feel and added launch to shots. It is not for everybody, but is a great shaft for most mid to high handicappers... who this club is excellent for.

Can not beat this deal for what I paid!!!