Bridgestone J33 Forged Combo Irons

J33 Forged Combo

The J33 Forged Combo Irons have been designed from the ground up as a combo set. That means the J33 Combos have a gradual center-of-gravity progression, providing golfers with the ability to execute a wide range of shots, consistently and with pinpoint accuracy.

steve snow   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 30, 2012]
Model Reviewed: j33, combo

I've had these clubs five seasons and with luck I'll have them another five. I'm a senior golfer, 67 years old so last season I had the original s300 shafts switched out for superlite 2 rather than purchase new irons. simply put, these are the very best irons I've ever owned. The feel is pure blade even though they are cavity, what could possibly be better than that?

Similar Products Used: Cleveland t-3, Hogan Apex,
Gary Sammons   Shoots in the 70s [Jun 04, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Bridgestone j33 combo irons

im a good golfer and these irons rlly help. the solid feel is like butter very workable and combined with my project x 5.5's make it a great combo meal i luv them and plan on hitting them 4 a long time

hollywood30546   Shoots in the 80s [Sep 07, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Bridgestone j36 combo irons

Bought the 4-PW set the other day and just played my first round with them shot 88 on a course with a 132 slope rating, plays 6,600yds. Had five three putts:( Mabye I need putting lessons instead of new irons?? Anyway I had the Project X 5.0 rifle shafts put in them and am pleased with the results. I usually play Titleist irons, but liked the look and feel of these and am giving them a try. I used to hit the 735's which are also Titleist version af a blended combo set but, Bridgestone has done well with their combo set. Bridgestones combo set is a little different in the way the irons are layed out. The 3-5 irons are pocket cavity,6-8 are shallow cavity and the 9 and PW are blades. Great set and look forward to breaking 80 this fall:)

None used yet

Similar Products Used: Titleist 735's, Titleist 695MB,
herbsewell   Shoots in the 70s [Feb 23, 2009]
Model Reviewed: bridgestone J33B

Great irons. I have the Dynamic Gold S300 shafts and they are much easier to hit. I really like the longer hosel or heel that connects to the shaft. Supposedly allows the user to work the ball more easily. I was never able to hit my 3 iron from my previous set but in this set it is much easier to hit. These irons are very solid. When you hit them pure they feel like butter. I got mine used and they were a steal. Great irons if you can find them. They are soooo sexy too. Thanks Bridgestone!!

None

Similar Products Used: Maxfli Tour LTD. irons with Rifle 6.0 shafts.
Paul   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 14, 2008]
Model Reviewed: J33 Driver 10.5 w/ Fujikura 360 S shaft

This 460cc club is solid. Its accurate and long..Make sure that you are fitted w/ the correct shaft w/ this head though...its makes all the difference ! Its a great driver, but if you are a 15+ hcp I would not reccomend this club for you!

have not used it yet

Similar Products Used: none
bonato88mauro   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 04, 2008]
Model Reviewed: BRIDGESTONE J36 FORGED COMBO

Great set. With the shaft project x 5.0 is the best feeling in both sensitivity and adjustment in the distance.
Excellent long irons. Precise 6,7 and 8 irons. Exceptional short irons.
The ball comes out clean and perfect.
Perfect for medium to low handicap, seeking to get off yet.

Similar Products Used: Titleist ap2
scott   Shoots in the 70s [Jun 20, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Bridgestone J36 Pocket Cavity

After much thought, I decided to go for the Bridgestone J36 Pocket Cavity back irons 3 - PW. Played today and shot a 74 first time out. The Irons are terrific, very usable and easy to hit. The feel is where I noticed the difference. Really incredible how much information gets back through the club head to hand, thus promoting distance judgement. The shaft I chose was the Project X 5, which is pretty flexible albeit not whippy at all. I bought the set from the states and had them shipped into the UK, the company I used also gave me a free Bridgestone Cart bag with the purchase. I am not one for discussing price, but on this occassion I have to say I did well, paying less than half the price had I bought them from the UK.
In summary, get yourself a set and see what quality Bridgestone will bring to your game.

Top notch, total gent.

shawkins7   Shoots in the 70s [Dec 09, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Bridgestone J33 Combo Irons

I have played six rounds and have had several more trips to the range since purchasing these irons new for $300.00. Due to the combo design of this set, I will break this review down into the following three segments.

3-5 irons: These irons are easy to hit. Previously, I have used hybrids to replace my 3 and 4 irons. Not anymore. I have been pleased with the overall feel and distance of these irons. However, I am most pleased with their lower and more piercing trajectory. Since I play in an area where the winds can really get blowing pretty hard, I had been looking to lower and control my ball flight with my longer irons/hybrids. These irons have allow me to do just that. These ease of hitting these irons well was by far the biggest and most pleasant surprise in the set.

6-7 irons: Nothing spectacular here. These irons are solid performers, but there are no outstanding features that would distinguish them from other 6 and 7 irons in other sets I have hit.

8-PW: This is where this iron set shines. The 8-PW are a MB/blade design. Their feel is excellent, but the trajectory control these irons provide is the best I have experienced. They can be hit low, mid, high, whatever shot is called for, almost at will. Since I am concerned with trajectory control, I am very pleased that these irons provide a greater ability to hit the shot that I want.

It should be noted that the lofts of each iron in this set generally run 2-3 degrees weaker than many of the irons sets available (i.e. 3 iron is 22 deg/PW is 48 deg). Even with the weaker lofts, I have not observed the loss of distance that I originally anticipated.

No dealings with Bridgestone Customer Service.

Similar Products Used: Mizuno MX-23
Macgregor 565
tancomiscel   Shoots in the 70s [Dec 07, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Bridgestone J33 Cavity Back Irons

I am writing about the Bridgestone J33 Cavity Back irons. I have playing for years, currently with an index of 7.2 hdcp. I have played with numerous irons, from blades to "shovels" (Big Bertha). The J33 Cavity Backs are the best overall irons I have played that has incorporated shotmaking with remarkable forgiveness. The clicks elicited after each stroke is a wonderful sound and feedback. Other irons have been quite harsh, especially using Dynamic Gold S300. The DM S300 on the J33 Cavity Backs are not harsh at all. I am approx one club longer with these J33 Cavity Backs. In fact, I purchased another set just 2 months ago so I can leave one set on Maui at my vacation home. I have tried many other irons at period demo days since and have not duplicated the same responses.

There has been no occasions to communicate with customer service.

Similar Products Used: Hogans Apex Blades, Macgregors VIP Tourney blades and combos, Nike combo, Callaway Big Berthas, Cobra Forged King Cobras
hackpro   Shoots in the 70s [Oct 11, 2007]
Model Reviewed: j33 combo

I shoot high 70s (7 handicap) and I had these in the precision micro taper. I feel like i didnt get to really see the clubs perform because the shafts were so light and my swing tempo is so fast. Solid strikes were hard to come by but when pured these things flew high and far. I chose to get a new set rather then pay near the same amount to have them re-shafted. I got them for $240 on ebay.

Similar Products Used: Rac TP combo, GC mids, Mizuno Mx-23, Titleist 690.cb, x-14 pro series

THE SITE