Callaway FT Irons

Callaway FT Irons

Callaway Golf FT Iron Set 4-SW with Graphite Shafts An evolution of the original Fusion Irons, the 2008 FT Irons are a product of Callaway Golfs innovative weight-shifting science Fusion Technology. Delivering the utmost in performance and playability, these irons feature a new head shape designed to appeal to mid to low handicap players. Multi-material construction allows for premium performance. The Tunite cradle has been optimized with the addition of Extreme Notch Weighting. An astounding 80

[Sep 11, 2021]
gasielennie410j

Strength:

Thinner top line, smaller head, higher toe, and it just does not look like a Callaway iron. I'll put them in my Titleist bag by my 975j-vs driver though however. | Concord Concrete Driveway

Weakness:

none so far

Purchased:
New
[Apr 17, 2013]
Martman
Model Reviewed: FT Irons steel shaft

I used to have a set of these for a season or two played well with them and really liked them BUT for some stupid reason (thinking I'm a better golfer than I am )I traded them for a set of Forged irons. My scores were good when I was playing a lot and practicing. But now I dont get the chance to play and practice as much and my scores really show it. So I found a set of used FT irons with the NS Pro 1100 steel shafts 4-pw and matching AW, SW and LW. Couldnt believe my luck. Played my first round with them today and the magic is back. The ball just jumps off the clubface, consistent shot distances. From the first shot I was hitting easy draws right down the middle. The wedges are excellent too. One bounce then the ball stops. Great Irons. VERY forgiving. Even misses that should end up being way short still end up with a pretty good result and salvaging par ! GREAT IRONS !

Not needed.

Everything you can think of. Pings, Callaways, Mizuno etc

[Mar 09, 2013]
mike liggett
Model Reviewed: calloway ft irons graphite

I have owned and hit almost every iron set you can think of from Wilson tour blades, ping eye-2, taylor made, you name it. I think that these are the best irons that I have ever hit. I hit them high even with a stiff graphite shaft. They have a thin top ling and the ball jumps off the blade.

[Feb 17, 2013]
Cris
Model Reviewed: Callaway Ft Irons

I have played at least 10 different sets of clubs in search of the holy grail of irons. After much searcing, I have setteled on the Callaway Ft iron 3-pw with regular steel shafts. These clubs have the best feel, Accuracy, Forgivness, and look of all the clubs i have tried These are very easy to hit beautiful to look at(adress) and very workable to draw/fade the ball. The cost was too high for the first 2 years and now they are very affordable new or used. Game improvement irons that can work for low thru high handicappers. I shoot around 81-84 and when my swing is on i play around 75-80. These clubs have helped me play better and have droppede my handicap from an 11 to 9. They are 4-7 yards shorter than my previous irons but are so much more accurate workable and better looking than them.

If you are willing to loose a bit of distance (shorter shafts) and gain more accuracy and better feel these clubs are a must in your bag. Go to a golf store and take a few hits with these and you will see how great they feel on impact.

Have not had to deal with them.

(Mizuno mx-900, Taylormade burners-320's-and Rac OS, Wilson Deep red and deep red distance II, Callaway 2003-2008 big berthas and x-22, Cleveland C5 irons, king Cobra OS, tour Edge Ex-1, Nike slingshots

[Jan 20, 2011]
DaveL
Model Reviewed: FT

I have had the 2005 Big Bertha Fusion's in R graphite for 2 years,thinking it was time for a change to something new with steel shafts, I picked up the FT and the AP-1 710's for a side to side comparison, in my opinion the FT is easily the better iron in feel, set up, shot trajectory, knock downs, over all look at address etc. etc. however the AP was slightly longer on perfect strikes about 4-5 yards. Thinner top line, smaller head, higher toe, and it just does not look like a Callaway iron. I'll put them in my Titleist bag by my 975j-vs driver though however.

I have tried many sets over the years and these look and feel the best of them all (for me)! Give them a try you'll see.

Excellent, Callaway Preowned is the best!

BB 1995,BB x 14,2002 Big Bertha, all of the tour models to date from Callaway, 05 Fusion, AP-1, Mizuno Grads, Arrowlines from the early 90's, Nickent, 962's, DCi's, 770's

[Nov 01, 2010]
Katyflier
Model Reviewed: Callaway FT irons

Have played MANY different irons over the years. From Sam Snead Blue Ridge irons in the 1960's to this new set of Callaway FT irons. It's been quite a ride. None have had the balance of looks, forgiveness, and performance as does the FT irons. Visually they appear somewhat smaller than most game-improvement irons, but close comparisons show the difference is mainly the FT's thinner top line. Down low and in back, they have it all. The heads are small enough to control the ball, but their multi-material technology makes them extremely forgiving. The shorter shaft is a plus for shorter players such as myself. Further, the industry's recent facination with ever longer shafts comes with reduced accuracy for the majority of players. FT irons are deadly accurate. They have moderated in price lately (2010), but they still perform like the premium irons they were in 2008 & 2009. Incidentally, the shaft is the "engine" to a club and the Callaway graphite shafts that come in the FT irons are second to none. For mid handicappers to scratch players, these irons are a winner!

Hogan Edge, Callaway X-22, Adams A4

[Aug 08, 2010]
Ben Burton

You wouldn't spend this much on irons without expecting high performance.
And I can happily say they do not dissapoint,they look awesome,are weighted beautifully and the ball rockets of the face.Fat shots still went 90% of the distanece which was pleasing. They are a little shorter that your standard irons and therefore I hit a few thin shots but expect that is just me adjusting to these sticks.Distance was similar to my Pings but they set up magnificently at address, thin top line and less offset is what I wanted .You just feel as if you are ready to hit a great shot !. If you don't need super game improvement irons then I would get these babies for sure.I have not hit a club any better than these, they fly of the titanium face with the crispest feel.For the price (and they callaway's), you would not expect anything less, but they deliver everything they promise. What a set of clubs!I will use these for many years

Ping i10, Ping s59,s57 & taylor made burner irons

[Sep 02, 2009]
golfer7890
Model Reviewed: FT iron

Best iron I've owned. I played several Callaways, Taylormades, Pings, etc and the FTs are superior. Smallish head size, modest offset and a clean appearance at address. The face is hot and about half a club longer than stainless steel irons. The titanium face provides a unique feel at impact-- soft yet slightly crisp feedback. I've been reading some reviews regarding graphite shaft vibration. It could be the high torque stock shaft. Callaway stock graphite shafts play almost a flex weaker (more so than other OEM shafts). Overall a perfect iron for the mid handicap player.

Callaway is usually good but responses have been slowing as of late.

X20/X18/X14, Bertha 02/06, Ping G5/Rapture, R7/Rac OS2, Mizunos.

[Mar 24, 2009]
Jerome
Model Reviewed: Callaway FT Irons

Got fitted at the Callaway Performance Center. Set me up with up with the TT S300 shafts. Love the feel, ball flight, and distance. Very solid at impact. I tested a lot of different brands before I went with these. The FT irons performed the best of all the brands I tried. Very forgiving also for a mid GI iron. Also has the ability to shape the ball. No problem for me when I want to draw it. More expensive than most, but worth it to me. Looks good and easy to clean. No problems with the insert. I have no complaints with anything about these irons. Long and forgiving, with great feel for non-forged iron.

Great. got fitted, and the clubs arrived at my door one week later. Callaway fitter was top shelf and very focused on getting me fit into the right irons.

09 TM Burners. Cally X22 and X22 Tour. Mizuno Mx 200. Cleveland GI irons. Ping G10 and V2 Rapture.

[Mar 21, 2009]
bob

im only 15 and have been playing golf for a couple years and was using big bertha irons and was shooting low 90's but when i got the ft irons i took off 6 or 7 shots these clubs r great and if your looking for accuracy and distance these are the clubs for you