Callaway Hawk Eye VFT Irons

Callaway Hawk Eye VFT Irons

[Jul 02, 2017]
Roy M.
Model Reviewed: Callaway hawkeye vft irons

Best iron I have ever hit, played ping eye2 for years, then taylor made lcg. Never broke 90 at my home course but only second time to play these vft's at my course and shot 89 today! Thank you callaway! I picked up 3-pw for 79.99 on ebay!

[Feb 10, 2012]
Tim hooper

Got rid of my VFTS some years back, was sick after I did it, glad to say found a used set that was like new!!! No better clubs made.... I shoot in the hi 70s to mid 80s goooo CALLAWAY & THANKS.

[Sep 14, 2008]
prospetiva
Model Reviewed: Callaway Hawk Eye VFT Irons

I had just returned my begginer set feeling that I've learned just what I could from it and needed something that I can actually use out on the field. My friend told me that I should go for game improvement irons...and after much research and reading more than 60 helpful reviews, I decided to leap when an oppurtunity to own a nice used set presented itself.

Went with my family to the driving range the next day and couldn't believe how I was hitting the balls. Even my wife said that I have to teach her my 'new technique' or whatever it was that's making me hit the balls so straight, high and so effortlessly! I just said... It's the clubs honey! The reviews were right! I was hitting my 6 iron to almost 190yds! When I'd be happy just to get them past the 100 mark with my Adams beginner set.. and the funny thing was I wasn't exerting any effort I just let the club glide... I was so happy that I went back to the driving range the following day to see if I could hit em straight and far again, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and I did! granted that I did miss some shots all on my own fault ofcourse ... but man! I can't wait to hit the fairway with my new set!

Just as a side note, I let my son use the PW for practice and he was so happy because he was able to hit em high and past the 75 mark, he just turned 11 and this was his 4th serious trip to the driving range! I'm so glad I went for these clubs...

Thanks to all the wonderful and accurate reviews that lead me to this great product! and Thank you Callaway! for these amazing Hawk Eye VFTs!

Adams

[Jan 06, 2008]
jjloans
Model Reviewed: VFT

Picked up a nice used set at a Play it again shop... with firm factory graphite. Great sticks!! Really well balanced, great feel, accurate, long enough... I am really happy with them. Really easy to hit solid if a controlled swing is used, they are OK for going after it, but the smooth swing is better with the graphite. These heads look VERY similar to the newer Callaway stuff. I like the weight and feel of these better than the X-18's and X-20's... The X-16 for some reason was a big loser. If you can find a set, and are interested in many more greens in reg... grab 'em!!

Along with Ping... the best.

Almost everything, and these are in the bag.

[Sep 11, 2006]
jmc3rd
Model Reviewed: Hawkeye VFT Ti Irons

I can't say enough good things about the clubs!

Essentially, I came back to a game improvement club because I had developed some bad swing habits and needed to regain my confidence. At any rate, after owning the original Ti's I didn't like the trajectory and loss of distance on some irons. But couldn't help but feel as though I was allowing my ego to take the place of potentially lower scores. So, I went with a set of VFT's and "man-oh-man"!!!!!!!

The long and mid irons are awesome and DEAD straight from almost ANY lie! ( Yes, you must ensure good posture, etc, but you get the point.)

The wedges, although shorter in distance than my S2H2's, land "oh so softly" right at the pin!

The design of these clubs is truly confidence inspiring with a slightly wider top line; not to bad in case you're thinking "spatula!"

Hey folks, the only reason I failed to break 90 for the first time recently was not the clubs fault but my poor set up at address on a pesky 146 yard par 3 over a creek!

I have no doubt I will be consistently shooting the 80's with these clubs by year's end and in the low 80's this time next year!

Now we all know, no matter what clubs you buy, swing dynamics and a good attitude have far more impact on the card total. But if you have to buy a set of clubs, go with Callaway and go with the VFTs.

Good luck and keep it in the short grass!!!

JMc

Have yet to used, but confidence they are world class!

x16, S2H2, Ping Eye2, Original Nike Slingshots, Acer, etc.

[Jul 11, 2006]
jasonlf
Model Reviewed: Callaway Hawkeye VFT Irons

These are the best irons I have ever hit. Can't really relate to people saying that they are losing distance with these irons because I am actually hitting them higher and farther than any iron I have ever owned. The ball lands soft on greens. I would agree that working these irons is a little harder than same irons but with a little practice can be done.

Callaway has the best customer service of any club manufacturer in the world.

Nicklaus Cyrogenic super steel, Ping Eye2

[Jun 09, 2006]
Mike Austin
Model Reviewed: Callaway VFT Irons

I'm a relatively new golfer (3yrs) and have used Lynx Predator irons and Callaway X-14 irons prior to my 2 year experience with the VFTs.

The clubs are beautiful. They are well constructed, solid feeling and have taken significant abuse from our Central Texas "hard as a rock" fairways and roughs. Despite the tough conditions in which I play, they have served me well and reward a well-struck shot with the "pured" feel that every golfer pursues.

I'm just now beginning to be able to fade and draw at will. It's not easy for me to do, but I certainly would not classify this club as "dead-straight-only."

Miss-hits give your hands (and your ego) a bite, as they should, but the ball still wheezes out there fairly straight. If you have a seizure during the middle of your backswing, as I still do from time to time, no club will save you.

So, it's been a very good club for me. But, truth be told, I just demo'd the Callaway Fusion irons...big mistake. I think I'm about to retire the VFTs in favor of the Fusions (hotter, more "pure" feeling, higher launch). But not without a big round of applause for the VFTs for helping me through these first 3 years of self-inflicted, bipolar golf.

See above

[Nov 10, 2005]
mrbbb
Model Reviewed: VFT-graphite

This club was discontinued by callaway because"it was too expensive for the average golfer".That being said,this club has won Millions of $ on the senior and LPGA tours-still being used by several senior pros. Very forgiving,soft feel,not ballo0ning,easy to hit.There is a "cult" following with these sticks--try and find a set and you will get the picture-I know of people that havce bought up sets-just in case thiers are stolen or break-one of the best clubs ever made-...

always top rate

G2,G5,I3,I3+ 2004 Berthas all the X models,fusions,Mizzuno,-vft wins no contest

[Oct 24, 2004]
Pietro
Model Reviewed: vft 3-L

A great set of hi-tech irons! The last set I'll ever buy in this lifetime. Can't say enough about them. Long stright and easy to hit. You can work them some, but it is difficult to really work them. Price is worth it for what you get, if they work for you, that is.

very good

many

[Jan 27, 2004]
amixam
Model Reviewed: Hawkeyes - steel shaft

Very forgiving clubs that are easy to hit. Great game impovement clubs for higher handicaps as well as good clubs for the more experienced golfer. Have read reviews that state you cannot work the ball or "control" shots as everything flies straight. This is not true, it takes a little more effort but can be done. Knock downs are a little tougher to hit (the natural ball flight is high) as is pulling the ball back on the green, but once you get used to it, it can be done fairly easily. I prefer my Mizuno's though, because blades give you a better feedback on shots. As far as distance, I hit my 9 blade about 160 as opposed to 150 with these, so there is little loss of distance for me at least. But an altogether pretty good club. Note: If you are used to playing blades, the thick and large sole of the Hawkeyes may take some getting used to. Also, they play out of tough lies pretty good for cast irons. I would rate this club as a 5 for high handicaps and 3.5-4 for lower handicaps, but again, this is based on preferences.

Mizuno, Adams, Titleist, Hogans.