Callaway X-14 Pro Series Irons

X-14 Pro Series

From Callaway Golf: These beautifully styled stainless steel irons are engineered with VFT Technology and combine a "blade-like" shape with the superior performance and exceptional forgiveness for which Callaway Golf clubs are known.

Mel   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 01, 2017]
Model Reviewed: X-14 Pro Series Rifle Stiff

I was selling these clubs at Vans Golf when they 1st came out. The way it set up was good to my eye. I always knew I would get these someday. Didn't think 17 years later but better late than never.Most Callaway's until then had just been ones with offset. Very forgiving, exactly what I needed as my swing speed is not where it use to be. Teeing these irons up is a dream 2 iron through 9 iron. I feel I will go back to shooting in the 70's again. Bite and spin are outstanding and surprising at first.

Love Callaway golf... Just Sayin'
This technology was a decade ahead of its time.

Similar Products Used: X-18 pro series with project x 6.0
I like the 14's better. They have all the forgiveness of the x-18ps except the neutral bias make the 14's better imo... Those over cooked draws the 18's produced is replaced with straight shots and mini fades now.
John Browning   Shoots in the 90s [Mar 05, 2015]
Model Reviewed: Callaway X 14 Pro Irons

I am 63 years old with a swing speed of 90 with driver. I play the X14 Pros in original Regular Flex Rifle, 4 thru AW. These irons are awesome. Stay down through the shot and follow through. Great clubs and that shaft feels awesome. The little or no offset is what makes these clubs work for me. Wish Callaway would reintroduce a new set that would Conform to the 2014 Rules of Competitive Play. Its funny how when we have something great we want to change it. X14 Pro best irons ever.

Callaway Customer Service is what their competitors want to be.

Similar Products Used: Diablo Forged DGR300 SL Also a great club.
branson weatherman   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 25, 2010]
Model Reviewed: x-14 pro series

I,m a 9 handicap and have had many sets of irons, im 63. The x14 pro irons are the best ive ever played. Easy to work the ball, and don't have to be quite as precise as offset clubs. I was lucky to find a 'like new' set at callaway web site. I will never buy another set. y the way they bite like crazy.

Kris   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 13, 2010]
Model Reviewed: callaway x14 pro

ok to start off i i have golf now for 17 years now started when i was 6 and played with a set of cut down titlest lites 100s and then went to an off brand well to make this short i just started playing alot again and had to get rid of my old set so i started looking and hitting almost every iron out there from the taylormade r9s r7s burners ect went to today and tryed a set of x22 and x18 x14 non pro and pro series well after hitting them all i hit the x-14 pro series the best added about 10 yards to each club and love the feel i will have these clubs for a long time and only pick them up for 140 in very good condition i would recommend these clubs to any one and i am a taylormade guy but now both

Similar Products Used: x-14 non pro series
CJ2K   Shoots in the 80s [May 13, 2010]
Model Reviewed: callaway X14 pro series

Extremely smooth ball striking clubs, put it on the sweet spot and watch it fly, i bought the irons for 230$ from a local pro shop, IMO for the price you can get these clubs for there is abso no reason to spend 600 plus on a newer set, played with brand new callaways, and they are just that and nothing more, newer not better, the performance of these irons is equal to that of newer more expensive irons, plus these irons look great, if you cant swing a club no club is a miracle, stay balanced keep it on plane and you will be very happy with irons, very forgiving and a great solid feel on impact, its like shooting a three pointer that you know it going down, you hold the follow through and admire the smooth stroke, oh yeah and distance is great a full club to a club and a half above other irons ive played

na

Similar Products Used: NIKE SLINGSHOT, TAYLORMADE RAC
pb   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 30, 2010]
Model Reviewed: callaway x-14 pro

Who says you have to buy the latest & greatest irons to improve your game? The x-14 pro are some of the best irons made. Bought a set end of last year and they blow away my PING ISI and G5s! I love the blade-like look and the forgiveness. Also gained probably 15-yrds (e.g. used to hit by PW 100yds; now I hit it 115). I like the ball flight too, it is a lower more-boring trajectory. My PINGs went sky high! I picked up the x-14 pro AW, SW, and LW to match my set. Great Iron! thanks CallawayPreowned for keeping these around! And I recently hit the X-18 and X-22s at a demo days event. I'm keeping my X-14 pros for a long time!

Similar Products Used: Ping ISI, G5, Tommy Armor 845s.
Mike   Shoots in the 70s [Feb 06, 2009]
Model Reviewed: x 14 pro series

I have spent the last 6 months trying to find new irons. I just came to this conclusion.........my x 14 pro-series are the best clubs on the market

I went to the golf store today and compared my x 14's to the new x22 Tours. They are nice clubs but harder to hit than my x-14s and half a club shorter. I need to find a new set of these online.

jjloans   Shoots in the 70s [Feb 06, 2009]
Model Reviewed: X-14 Pro Series

I believe that this is Callaway's best iron design ever, as of today. Annika didn't let hers go...

Great feel and balance, hot face, minimal offset is great, and the Constant Weight R flex Rifle shafts are just fine.

These irons spin more than just about anything I have tried, and they are consistent in distance control and the accuracy is top notch.

I have gone round and round looking for the magic set... here's news: The irons do NOT keep getting better, they are just newer... modified and tarted up to sell every year. Not to say that some companies like Taylormade have improved dramatically over the years, but Callaway has not, IMO.

The X-14 Pro Series is a classic, simple, straightforward, a GREAT iron set.

Best (with Ping)

Similar Products Used: Everythiiiiiiiiing!!! If I could only putt!
Longshanks   Shoots in the 70s [Dec 27, 2007]
Model Reviewed: X-14 Pro Series

I was new to golf about 4 years ago and after experimenting with some off-brand irons, I picked up a used set the X-14 Pro Series. After starting with a set of hack clubs, I could definitely see a difference with the Callaways. They feel like butter when you hit the sweet spot and look great at address. After a year or so, I finally started experimenting with working the ball and different shot types and they handled anything I tried. I had the graphite Stiff RCH 75 shafts, and although they felt great, they were a little too light for me once my swing began to evolve. I upgraded to the X-18 Pros with stiff steel shafts. I scored my only hole-in-one with the X-14's, so instead of trading them in, I have retired them as my back-up set.

Overall, one fo the best irons I have hit and if they had steel shafts, I would probably still be using them (decided to pay a little for for the X-18's rather than reshafting the X-14's). Forgiving with a traditional look and not as bulky as some of the newer irons. You can find these for under $200 a set on ebay. If you're looking to upgrade, but don't want to break the bank, I would highly recommend the X-14 pros.

Not needed

Similar Products Used: X-18 Pro, Big Bertha 02, Big Bertha 06, Wilson Pi5, Wilson Ci6, Cleveland Launcher
Brian R   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 20, 2006]
Model Reviewed: Callaway x-14 pro

Great clubs. Got them about 6 months ago and they feel long and consistent. I really feel like I'm going to hit it great each time I take a club out of the bag. I do have my share of mis-hits, but it's me, not the club. Less off-set than the regular x-14 make these great for a mid-handicap golfer like myself who likes to have a more "traditional" look in an Callaway club. got a great deal on my set from Callaway Pre-owned golf.

Awesome. Since I bought them pre-owned, two of my grips were a little worn. I sent them an email and without even waiting to email me back, they sent me a full set of replacement grips. That's a $45 value in stores.