Callaway X-16 Irons

X-16

Van   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 14, 2017]
Model Reviewed: X 16 Irons

Well, here we are, 2017 and I've tried a lot of the newer offerings. Callaways XR Irons, the new Steelhead XR's and all these that are calling plastic "tungsten" (its plastic people) I purchased a set of these, fine toothed the grooves and gave em a polish. They hit just as well, if not better than a lot of these so called "technology advanced" clubs out there. You want game improvement, don't seek it in a product, invest in your physic and take some lessons. Not just from one trainer, but from a couple of different ones. Unlock your unique swing by finding what's comfortable for you. These Irons have DEFINITELY stood the test of time. Seen a LOt of chewed up clubs from the same years of their release and I've gotta say, Callaway outdid themselves with this offering. I think they could re-release new X16's and they would fly off the shelf as long as they kept to original specs.

Not familiar, but they seem good

Similar Products Used: XR's, Steelhead XR's, X20's, X22's,
The list is immessuarable
golfinprogress   Shoots in the 80s [Oct 31, 2007]
Model Reviewed: X16

Easy to hit . Got my desired distance . Very forgiving . I scrapped my old lob wedge , since the X16 sand wedge can do the job . I intend to retain this clubs for a long time .

Similar Products Used: RAC , Nike Slingshot
Mike   Shoots in the 70s [Sep 05, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Callaway x-16

These are the easiest to hit irons I have ever played, and thats saying a lot because I've demo'd basically every new iron that has come out since the original DCI's. These are extremely easy to maneuver, and do pretty much what you want them to every time. If you can't hit a long iron normally you'll be able to hit these, I used to have problems with them but now I hit these so well that I purchased the set 2 iron and it is amazing, long and straight, it is my security blanket when the driver leaves me.

A+, broken a few shafts on tree roots and such, and Callaway is great about fixing the problems

Similar Products Used: X-14's, Taylormade Burners, Nike Sling Shots, Cleveland TA7
Pky6471   Shoots in the 90s [Sep 30, 2006]
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-16 iron

I'm shooting in the high 80s and low 90s. Bought this set which came with 55-g R-flex graphite shaft. I hit them straight but too high resulting in lost of distance. I later learned that 55-g shaft is for senior (Oooop, my mistake... I thought that I would pick up head speed with lighter shaft).. I called Callaway customer service department and they were happy to reshaft the whole set 3-PW with R-flex graphite shaft CW (I think 75-g shaft)... I got my distance back, but I still have problem using my 3-iron so I bought a hybrid... I have not been able to use 3-iron, from any manufacturers, and probably it applies to most of us... So now I really enjoy this set of club, I just wish that I could hit my 3-iron ... My swing, not the club

Callaway customer service department is A+++++++++++ ... I will continue buying Callaway clubs because of its excellent customer service department... Callaway is willing to work with you even though it's your faults

Similar Products Used: King Cobra Oversize II, TaylorMade
agjr200hp   Shoots in the 90s [Sep 30, 2006]
Model Reviewed: x16 SteelHead

Great clubs. Very forgiving and consistent. If something goes wrong, you know it and can determine easily that it wasn't the club. :-)

Not used