Callaway X-20 Tour Irons

Newest Players series Irons from Callaway

[Aug 06, 2015]
Jimmy Jackson
Model Reviewed: callaway X-20 tours project X rifle flighted shafts

Changed from using Mizuno MP-64 irons made the wrong choice as I was getting better at golf: nothing wrong with Mizuno, now to put the meat on the bone very good set of irons even though they are old clubs and I agree with others get fitted pay the piper its worth it, these clubs are bringing my handicap down gradually and its probably the best choice I have made, you can listen to the hype of new clubs but there is no shame in going backwards I have never been a great fan of Callaway always found them bulky these X-20 tours far from being bulky nice top line and a nice crisp hit from centre and not bad with off centre hits some of these reviews were done in 2007 8 years later still a hit, I cannot warrant paying £600- £700 again for a set of irons, I have confidence in my ability and the irons I am using, this game is in ya head

Good, as it should be

Wilson staff deep red,ping eye2,callaway big bertha 06,Mizuno MX-15 T-Zoid, Mizuno MP-64 and finally my last set Callaway X-20 Tours

[Dec 09, 2010]
bfrey64
Model Reviewed: Callaway x20 Tour

Excellent club, great feel, almost a forged feel. Great distance and spin!!!

[Jul 04, 2010]
tonyb
Model Reviewed: Callaway X20 tour

Bought my set at Dick's Sporting Goods with the Project X shafts (6.0) during a trade in special. My previous set was a 2002 Big Bertha which I hit ok, but these new irons are giving me an additional 15 yard per club. It could be due to the swing weight D2 v. D0, but the ball seems to jump. My gentle draw that I had for years has quickly returned with these irons. (Could it be that Bertha was hiding it from me?) I found out that the Project X shafts are normally a $150 option, and after hitting them, a great investment. Off center hits are noticed, but still go pretty much straight. If you are a fairly good player who can't get out every week, these irons will give you back your game without the sting of blades. If you can still find a new set with the Project X shafts, buy them, put em in the bag and explain it to the wife later.

Dick's offers a free club fitting with the purchase of any iron set and will custom bend them for you, install the right grips and extend the shafts if necessary. They can also custom order your set if you need something special.

Tommy Armour 755 SilverScot, 2002 Big Bertha

[May 28, 2009]
jkogs
Model Reviewed: Callaway X 20 Tour with Project X Rifle Shaft 6.0

I am very pleased with my x 20 tour irons. Since switching over to the irons, I have noticed more consistency with my iron game. The greens at the course I play tend to be hard and tough to hold, but I can easily get a high ball flight and hold the greens. I usually can even back up my 6-pw on the greens. I used to have a slight fade with my previous irons, but I hit these very straight. I would recommend these to any level golfer. The only downfall is that I have a tough time hitting bump and runs with the clubs because I feel that the ball jumps off the clubface.

callways x driver, x 3 wood, fusion 5 wood

[Apr 03, 2009]
Brady
Model Reviewed: Callaway x 20 Tour

WOW!! I went from Rac Blades, to Cobra Blades to the Callaway x 20 tour Irons and they are more then the two previous put together... Very impressed I am sold on Callaway Irons...

[Mar 22, 2009]
Bruce Keith
Model Reviewed: Callaway X20 Tour

Great Clubs - Buy them

[Mar 09, 2009]
Rmpchamp
Model Reviewed: X20 Tour with 5.0 Flighted

I needed to step up from my large cavity backs because i felt like i wanted to work the ball more. Im the kind of golfer who will learn to hit whatever club i buy regardless of how i hit it while at the store. I knew i would temporarily struggle with my new irons because of the difference in style. However, out of all the clubs i tried, these were the only clubs i hit consistently. I was instantly surprised and satisfied, and bought them. I have had no complaints since. These clubs have added so much confidence in my iron game, and i can work the ball in both directions effortlessly. In conclusion, any golfer looking to step up from large cavities and get a little more control over their shots should definitely try these out. Im sure they will be impressed

Callaway Big Bertha

[Sep 22, 2008]
dunnjeff818
Model Reviewed: Callaway X20 Tour

I just ordered a complete set, consisting of Nike SQ 5900, 9.5 stiff, with matching 3 & 7 wood, X 20 tour irons 3-pw s flex, Taylor made rac Z wedge 56 deg. and an odyssey Sabre tooth putter.

I use to play the wilson PI5 and before that the wilson Deep Red. I decided to switch to Callaway because I hit the pi7 but didnt take to them. All I can say is that I am very glad I switched to these clubs. Every club in the bag feels amazing and for a tour club they are remarkably forgiving. I ordered the set from Roger Dunn online and I would advise anyone not to order from them. It took 3 weeks for the clubs to get to my when i paid for over night shipping. I had better experiences with TGW.com

In the end this is a perfect set from tee to green.

Wilson deep Red, Pi5, Pi7
Odysey white hot Rossie DFX Rossie,
Taylormade Rac wedges
R7 420 R 5 Dual

[Aug 18, 2008]
tlovell
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-20 Tour PX 5.5 Flighted

Bought the Callaway X-20 Tours after an exaustive search for a replacement for my beloved 1984 Ping Eye-2s. I wanted something with much less offset (primarily to be able to work the ball right), a conventional look, cambered sole but still offering some forgivness compared to forged blades.

Clubs I demo'ed included Taylor Made R7 and the new R7 Burners, Mizuno MX 60, 57 and 67, Titleist AP2 (really liked these too), Adams Idea Pro Gold (forged), Ping -10, and Callaway X-Forged.

Ultimately the X-20 Tours won our because they offered the ball flight I wanted with increased distance while still being forgiving clubs. Despite the rolled front edge I can hit these from hardpan lies with no problem. I am able to work the ball both ways with little effort. The flighted Project X 5.5s truly provide a lower, more penetrating ball flight in the short irons while helping me hit the 5 and 4 iron a bit higher.

I strongly urge you to get fit on a launch monitor or with a good pro/clubfitter. I am more of a smooth swinger with a 6-iron speed of 80-82 an driver speed around 95 mph. I first tried the 6.0 shafts and they felt like a piece of rebar - low and right every shot. The 5.5s were perfect as I can get the face closed and feel a bit of "pop" at impact.

The Project X shafts are a mid flex shaft with a soft tip. They are lighter than TT Dynamic Gold but feel and play stiffer than other rifle shafts. I read that a TT Dynamic Gold S300 flexs out to about 5.7-5.8 on the Project X scale, so the PX 6.0s are like a stiff+, the 5.5s a stiff light and the 5.0s more like a stiff R300.

[Aug 06, 2008]
Casey
Model Reviewed: Callaway x20 Tour

This is a great set. Alot of reviews on here say that the short irons dont have that much feel. The pitching wedge is the only club that doesnt have that much feel from up close but thats why I have a couple wedges in my bag. topline is a little fat but not really solid club great for even a scratch golfer. dont be scared by the so called scratch golfers that say they dont have any feel or a fat topline. i have the 6.0 rifle shafts heavy for easier swing. buy them great clubs.

Ping Eye2 beryllium coppers