Callaway X-22 Tour Irons

Callaway X-22 Tour Irons

Precisely positions more weight to the perimeter of the iron to create a higher MOI for greater forgiveness and stability while maintaining the CG position that produces ideal trajectories and feel. Features the thinnest topline possible while still incorporating a 360-Degree Undercut Channel. The blade length is shorter and the CG has been moved lower and in line with the center of the face to provide unparalleled performance with enhanced feel. The sole width of each iron has been optimized based on the length and loft to provide better turf interaction through the entire set. The sleeker design significantly improves feel and allows the hosel to be more easily adjusted to fit a golfer’s custom specifications.

[Apr 19, 2016]
Kyle Morrison
Model Reviewed: x-22 tour irons

I just bought a set of the x 22's and I love them. I normally shoot around 47 or 48 on our little nine hole course. I took them out for the first time and cut strokes off my round. They have me excited and put the enjoyment back into my game. I have played with Ping, Taylor Made and even with hours of practice at the range, with one afternoon my new x-22's out preformed in every aspect of the game. I think anyone who wants to improve their game should at least try them out. I know they have put the fire back into my game and have most definitely making me want to hit the course more. The excitement is back!!!

[May 05, 2011]
lefty54
Model Reviewed: X-22 Tour

I found gotti40 after his rant on how good he is and he is a hack. Of course we all know it anyway. He wouldn't even play a $2 nassau and I had to use someone's borrowed sticks. I like the borrowed X-22 tours. They were a touch flat and I go about 63 in the 5 iron at 38" but struck them well. Gotti40 was hitting or rather "trying" to hit some players blades and he was about a 140yd 7 irons player, 230 off the tee. He is a solid 8 handicapper at best. Buy the X-22's, I liked them.

Callaway makes good products

Them all

[Mar 22, 2011]
Gotti40
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22 Tour (Although nobody on tour would play these)

Let me first say, Gotti40 considers his irons like a paint brush and the course is his canvas. Gotti40 paints one masterpiece after the next. Just when you think Gotti40 can’t shoot any lower, BAM, there goes another course record. They almost considered banning Gotti40 from all cash events in this area that didn’t take handicap into consideration. They cited something about fairness and even used the term monopoly. Well guess what, it didn’t stop Standard Oil and it certainly won’t stop Gotti40. Now that is out in the open lets get to the review. Boring clubs that didn’t suit the best player in PA. Gotti40 moved it left, right, up and down, but still had to frown…..the clubs just let him down. Gotti40 wasn’t happy with the feel.or the look, either. If you like these then you are mistaken what pure shots are supposed to feel like. Why don’t you try hitting the AP2’s if you got the doe or the CG red if you don’t. Either way leave Gotti40 out of it and don’t complain when you shank either of those sticks. They are solid.

If anyone cares to get blasted for some serious doe, let me know. I am going out to San Diego for work at the end of May and would love to take someone for a couple thousand at Torrey Pines. Please at least be willing to play for/lose 5 grand minimum, no max. When I am up big after nine, I may even give ya a shot at double or nothing with me coming in playing the back with my left handed set. I guarantee, I’ll take your money and don’t think about inviting me over for dinner or you may lose your girl too. 10-4, buddies.

Didn't bother with them and chucked the clubs in the dumpster after I shot a 70.

Don't mind the value rating, I don't fret about money when buying equipment....or ever come to think of it.

[Dec 31, 2010]
golfoh22
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22 Tour

I have a 4 handicap. I had been playing Mizuno MP-57s with Project X shafts. When I first got the X-22 Tours (with Flighted Project X), I took them to the range along with the Mizunos and alternated shots through the bag. If anything, and to my surprise, the Callaways felt softer and more solid. The are certainly a little easier to hit and I flew them just a little higher than the MP-57s. On the course, the distances were comparable, although I hit more consistent distances with the Callaways. They are just a little more forgiving for my 4-handicap inconsistent contact. Some have commented on a lack of distance - but who really cares about actual distance in irons? Certainly not a good player. Consistency is the key and these were more consistent for me than the Mizunos. I have played a couple of Misunos (including blades), Callaway X-Tours, several Ping models (I did like the Cush-in shaft), some Titleist models (I am sort of an equipment junkie, I know), many sets with S-300s and, so far, I like these better than any others I have played. They feel great, look pretty darn good (at address - and not terribly gunky from the back, either), flight is solid and consistent. Bottom line - for a mid-to-low handicap player, who wants a good looking club with a little forgiveness and great consitency - what a great choice! Why does famousdavis remind me of the Brian character on Big Break - constantly tells everyone how unbelievably great he is and how much better he is than everyone else - and then can't actually "play" a lick and certainly can't beat anyone!

[Sep 06, 2010]
even-par
Model Reviewed: X22 tour

Does anyone else want to punch famousdave in the face?

[Jul 29, 2010]
Bravesgolf
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22 tour 3-PW

Got these irons about 3 months ago and love them. I used to love playing blades but soon realised I was loosing out. Distance is not as good as some but feel and accuracy are great. Pretty good forgiveness for a better players club but you can still tell when you've miss hit it. Project X 6.0 flighted shaft is good as it keeps the ball down a bit in the shorts irons but helps get the ball up a bit in the long irons. Good for a low ball player (like me). If you're looking for a set of irons that are the next step up from game improvement irons but don't want to go to full players clubs, give these a try, they are worth it.

Callaway customer service is only second to PING. They know how to service a customer but are not always as flexible as PING

You name it, I've tried it.

[Jan 30, 2010]
The Runt
Model Reviewed: X-22 Tour

I do agree that the X-22 Tours feel a bit heavy and that the DG shaft is a better shaft but famousdavis is just over the top. I love it. Back to the review. I was disappointed in the lenght of these irons especially in the PW, 9 and 8 irons. Look great at address almost the perfect club in regards to looks. Tough to keep clean with that groove in the cavity.

VIP member, the customer service always good.

[Oct 30, 2009]
bigdog
Model Reviewed: x 22 tour

I just got a set of e22 tours, The FAmousdavis guy is a dork and probably is closer to a 20 handicap.
I have aset of eye2's and use them occassionaly. They are good. But the new technology is better. I have just replaced Mp57's with the X22's. The x22 tour is a solid club. Great looking club with good feel. I have the project x fighted shats and after uears of using DG S300's these Project x tour flighted 6.0's feel great. Good consistent flight. Overall, they are a good club; excellent distance control. Not the longest, but adequate. They are workable. A good set of irons!

[Oct 01, 2009]
famousdavis
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22 Tour

It's fitting that I'm the first reviewer because there is really no need to read any other reviews. I'm sure I'm the best ballstriker on this board. I work the ball better than anyone I know. I took these out to the grass range (yes a grass range at my country club) and then played 18. I liked them but they feel heavy and aren't good for distance. The project x shaft isn't as good as all the wanna be players say it is. Dynamic Gold is better. I still play Ping Eye 2 irons and hit it better than anyone I know. I wouldn't buy these as there are other products on the market. You can get the Ping Eye 2's on Ebay for about 200 for a great set. Callaway X-22...not for you.

I talked to Butch over at Callaway and told him to soften the tip, slap off the toe element and jimmy back the TE on the foot.