Callaway X-22 Irons

X-22

The X-22 Irons don’t disappoint and are the best X Series irons Callaway Golf has ever created. By maximizing perimeter weighting, these irons boast an MOI that’s 10 percent higher than their predecessors. The ideal CG position has been preserved, generating optimal ball-flight trajectories.

Kenn Wee   Shoots in the 100s [Jun 04, 2015]
Model Reviewed: Callaway X22

The X22 is by far one of the most forgiving irons I've ever used.
It's definitely suitable for beginners to learn before proceeding to advance.
The distance are very decent and the accuracy is fairly good as well.

Highly recommended for beginners

Similar Products Used: Taylormade RAC OS 2, Ping Classes
G.Hall   Shoots in the 80s [Sep 27, 2014]
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22

Replaced my Palmers with X22's. Had them custom fitted by Callaway... Bad news. They added 1/2" to shaft length even though I'm only 5'7". Found the clubs at leasts 1 club shorter than my old ones. I talked to another independent fitter who said he had the same comments back on the X22. Callaway must have tweeked the numbers, angles etc. or ??
I'll avoid Callaway from now on

no comment

Similar Products Used: Taylor Ping, Palmer, Hogan,
Brandon Macdonald   Shoots in the 70s [Oct 05, 2012]
Model Reviewed: callaway x22 irons

Love them. Replaced grips with winn lites (medium). Shaved 3 strokes off handicap. I hit a really high ball now, so wind is more of a factor, but they deliver consistant trajectory and distance.

Similar Products Used: Callaway Diablo driver, woods, utility 3 hybrid.
Victor Maas   Shoots in the 70s [Aug 12, 2012]
Model Reviewed: X22

I was one of the first in Holland to own an X22 golf set. From the beginning i was very satisfied. Love to use it!

Bought at Club hockey & golf in Tilburg. Great shop! Thanks to Levon van Haaren!

Similar Products Used: Ping classics.
Golf For Fun   Shoots in the 90s [Mar 26, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22

Bought my set of graphite shaft X-22's from Golf Town. Saved $250 from the regular price and decided it was time to treat myself to a brand name set of irons, likely the last set I'll need to buy.

I like them a lot. It is true, you will see a 10+ yard gain on your well-struck shots. I had a 150 yd. shot to the front of a green (normally a 7 iron) and I cleared the flag-stick, leaving a ball mark well beyond. I figured I hit that shot 165 yds!

Very forgiving too and with the graphite shafts, reasonably light clubs. The ball flight can really sky if you want it to, yet despite being 'game improvement' clubs, they aren't the clunkiest looking option on the market.

I am still learning to get the most out of these clubs, but they definitely inspire confidence. The quality is excellent.

Highly recommended for anyone who loves to play golf every year. A good investment in more ways than one.

Similar Products Used: Before the X-22's, my golf bag was filled with a mix of junk clubs. None of a recognized brand name, that's for sure! LOL
Jack   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 11, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22

Bought to replace a set of Taylor Made Rac OS. Priced great @ less then 400.00. Fantastic, ball explodes off the face providing great carry. Not so "game improvement oriented" that you can't work the ball. A more traditional look for a Callaway product with a thinner top line, a very attractive set of irons and well worth the money.

Larry Jonak   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 14, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22 irons

I purchased the X-22 irons over a year ago after comparing with the Ping G15, Mizuno MX-1000 and the Callaway Diablo Edge. I got the regular flex graphite shafts. Unlike others I love the Callaway grips. For me these irons were slightly shorter than the the Mizunos and the Diablo Edge. About the same distance as the Pings. They were the most accurate and had the most back spin. There doesn't seem to be any distance loss if you hit them a little on the heel or the toe. In fact last night I hit a nine iron a little on the toe into a par three and the ball spun back to about 18 inches from the hole. With previous sets of irons I always seemed to have a favorite iron in the set. I like all the irons in this set. Long irons are easy to hit.

aggro   Shoots in the 90s [Jan 16, 2011]

Looks:
The topline is not as thick as many GI clubs, nor is the sole, but they are not exactly miniscule. The cavity is nicely done, but a little showy. 7/10

Performance: Easily hit straight, but provide good feedback. Not unsliceable, or unworkable, but they toe a nice like in forgiveness and workability. Nice and long. I averaged about half a club longer with these than with Burner 09's.

Grips and Shaft:
Grip could be better, but not aweful. The Uniflex shaft is fairly stiff, not a problem for me, but potetially problematic for some.

Unused

Similar Products Used: N/A
Scott   Shoots in the 100s [Dec 31, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-22

Finally decided to upgrade to some real clubs and was lucky enough to try out six sets of quality irons for 9 holes each over a couple of days. The X-22's were my favorite. I was hitting noticeably straighter and farther. I had to drop down a club in nearly every instance. They were a good investment.

Similar Products Used: TaylorMade Burner, Cleveland HiBore, Mizuno 900's, Nike Slingshot and Ping G10's.
hihihi@hotmail.com   Shoots in the 70s [Dec 28, 2010]
Model Reviewed: x22

wow what a great set of clubs these are, i just love them. They are so forgiving off the tee and the feel to them is just fantastic. Hope u all feel the same way!!!!!!!!!!

none needed just to good of club to do anything like that

Similar Products Used: none they are 1 of a king, nothing campares with them!!!!