Cleveland TA4 Irons

Cleveland TA4 Irons

[Mar 07, 2022]
ceceliafredrick

Strength:

These clubs are brilliant, Metal Fence Installation can recommend them to you enough. My set are fitted with true temper dynamic golf shafts which are also highly commendable, and Cleveland wrap grips which are very comfortable indeed. The irons are forgiving yet surprisingly workable both ways. If you match it with a 588 gunmetal sandwedge as I did you have a sure fire winning set of clubs.

Weakness:

None so far.

[Dec 26, 2008]
travis cross
Model Reviewed: cleveland ta4

I have been using these clubs since 2000. i started golfing alot in 2005 and since have lowered my handicap from 13 to 6.5 with these clubs. I'm probably ready to use that is more workable but these clubs aren't bad. i have these clubs paired with a hybore xl tour driver and fairway woods along with gunmetal wedges. I would recommend these clubs to most golfers. they've been great for me.

[May 01, 2003]
Mike
Model Reviewed: TA4

I found out that I overpaid for these cubs after I bought them in comparison to prices you can find on eBay, but I guess the price difference is fair when I got to actually view the clubs before buying them. Besides, I got them with Christmas gift certificates... Anyways, the clubs are excellent. They are a bit heavy, but that allows for longer ball flight. Plus, swinging the heavy irons helps build up my swing speed which is especially helpful since I have an ultralight C4 driver. The irons are very straight-I haven't hit a shot off-line so far this year with them. I don't know how to hit fades or anything, so I can't tell you for sure if they are good for that.

Second Swing workers are usually pretty cool.

[Jan 30, 2003]
sundevil54
Model Reviewed: ta4

I purchased these clubs back in 98'. I was not aware of cleveland at the time since I had only just begun playing the game with some focus about the game. I tried several clubs within the price range and found the Clevelands to be the best feel even among the higher more popular brands. I have always been a fan of the underdog and at the time, cleveland was a "wedge club" and I am very happy with my decision to put clevelands in my bag. I have since bought another brand but always seem to put the clevelands back into my bag.....

[Dec 30, 2002]
Mark Morency
Model Reviewed: Cleveland TA4

These clubs initiated the biggest turning point in my game. In two year's time I went from an average score of 105 down to steady scores in the mid to high 80's while playing only a couple times a month during the summer. I have converted two or three people to using them as well with similar success. Long story short, they feel great even when hit off-center, and allow for tremendous accuracy on approach shots. I will never use another line of clubs.

[May 17, 2002]
Bert
Model Reviewed: TA 4

Solid clubs,very forgiving on off centre hits.Design is nice, mid size traditonal look. The ball flies off these clubs as they are fairly heavy.Sensicore shafts save from reverb effect on "fat" shots.Tend to fly straight but working the ball is no problem as others have mentioned.Highly recommend.

Fat shafts,tommy armour v-31

[Nov 25, 2001]
Sprog
Model Reviewed: TA4

Strength:

None

Weakness:

None

UNBELIVEABLE, these have made the biggest impact on my game of any new clubs I have bought before. My 6 iron carry has increased from 140 yards to 150+ and Im only a short 15 year old. My 4 iron distance has gone from 175 yards to around 200 yards. These clubs are brilliant, I cant recommend them to you enough. My set are fitted with true temper dynamic golf shafts which are also highly commendable, and Cleveland wrap grips which are very comfortable indeed. The irons are forgiving yet surprisingly workable both ways. If you match it with a 588 gunmetal sandwedge as I did you have a sure fire winning set of clubs. If you cant decide whether to go for the workability of the TA3s or the forgivness of the TA5s then stop fretting, the TA4s incorporate both of these features. £170 ($240) for a set of pro clubs used by the likes of Joe Durant is unrivalled value and the quality of the clubs is the same as any Titleist, Taylormade, Mizuno or Callaway clubs that I have tried. -------------BUY THEM NOW----------------

Cleveland TA3+TA5, Titleist 981+990, Taylor made 300,320,360+Supersteel, Mizuno Pro II................

[Jul 28, 2001]
Larry Deeds
Shoot in the 80s
Model Reviewed: Cleveland TA4

Good, solid set of clubs. Would recomend to anyone who is a serious golfer.

Most other irons

[Jul 09, 2001]
John
Shoot in the 80s

These are the best all around club I have played. I had a set of 981s that were good when your game was really on, but didn't have the same distance or forgiveness as the TA4. I sold my 981s for twice as much as the 981s and lowered my handicap by 4 strokes from the high 80s to the low 80s. These are heavy clubs, but I prefer heavier irons

Titliest 981, TM oversize Burner

[Jul 05, 2001]
Tony
Scratch golfer

As a scratch golfer i have hit many different clubs and i have found the TA4 are a very good club for the lower handicap as well as the higher handicaps. The club has a very forgiving sweet spot that allows me to hit the ball straight and accurate. i am able to hit the longer irons high and land them softly on the green. I am also able to strike the smaller irons with pinpoint accuracy. with these clubs i have lowered my handicap from a 4 to a scratch. I would suggest to anyone looking to lower their handicap to buy these great clubs,

845, ping, ben hogan blades