Cobra S2 Irons

S2

These are the latest irons from cobra to come out on the market. The new multi-material Cobra S2 Irons offer improved accuracy, distance and forgiveness in a high-performance package.

Pky6471   Shoots in the 90s [Oct 06, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Cobra S2

First of... I shoot in the 85-95 range . Been playing Mizuno MX-23 forged iron for some time. Bought Cobra S2 on eBay and could not be more pleased. Both 5i are 38", S2 has 25* loft as standard specs, MX-23 is 26* lofted head which has been bent to 24*. No doubt that S2 has PLENTY of height, higher than that of MX-23 and yet distance is at least as long, if not 5-10 yds longer. What also impressed me is that S2 also has a buttery soft feel which is close to MX-23 forged iron, that's a plus... Definitely a strong recommendation

Never use, don't know

Similar Products Used: Mizuno MX-23, MX-25, Cally X-16, BB 2002, King Cobra Oversize II hump shaft
Sammy   Shoots in the 80s [Sep 16, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Cobra S2

By far the best set of irons I have ever hit. Long, high, stopping spin, and straight. My handicap prior to these irons was a 13. The course I play is very tight and narrow and many elevation changes. I have now played 8 rounds so far and of the 8 rounds the highest round has been an 84, and shot back to back rounds of 79 and 75. Only thing I did was change the grips as I prefer a half cord grip. Confidence with these irons is unmatched. Worth every dollar I paid for them.

Similar Products Used: TaylorMade Rac, Cleveland CG Red and Gold, Callaway X20.
Kellfire   Shoots in the 80s [Oct 10, 2010]
Model Reviewed: S2 Max

The first thing that I noticed is how the club is set up to look very forgiving, which is exactly what I was looking for as I struggled with consistency with my previous, older generation irons. The forgiveness doesn't lead to the club looking overly bulking at address and I actually find them quite attractive to look down on.

The iron set I got was 5i-SW and in hindsight I would maybe have preferred the 4i in addition as I am quite confident with my longer irons. There is the option to supplement the irons with hybrids in the long irons.

These clubs are strongly lofted so distance should never be an issue though the ball flight is very high and this make work against you if playing into the wind. Off the face, it is as you'd expect from a Super Game Improvement iron with very little feedback even from perfectly hit shots but that isn't why these clubs exist. Workability is minimal but I have been able to perform some very slight draws and fades, relative to my ability.

One issue is the sand wedge, I find it very inconsistent. The large design makes it hard to maintain consistency with such a short iron but this is really a minor thing and again those using these sorts of clubs probably won't notice this much.

Overall I would highly recommend these clubs; they took me from fats and thins to hitting much more consistently, dropping my handicap from a full 28 and 18 by the end of this year. I was finally getting the ball airbourne consistently and with good distance range. The clubs are attractive at address and feel well made in your hands.

Similar Products Used: Ping Eye2+, Wilson Di7
Marc   Shoots in the 80s [Oct 10, 2010]

Similar Products Used: Ping Eye2+, Wilson Di7
cdnlefty   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 11, 2010]
Model Reviewed: cobra s2 max irons

These clubs are great. Huge sweet spot , high penetrating launch even with the lower loft angles. Club glides through the turf and slices through the rough. I broke 40 on nine holes for the first time( shot a 37 on the back nine of my home course ) using these. Why cobra is not more popular is beyond me. They make great sticks for mid to high handi cappers.

Not used

Similar Products Used: Taylor made r7, Nike NDs
Eric   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 16, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Cobra S2

Can you say butter? The ball is toast! Great sticks!

Similar Products Used: Callaway x18, Callaway x22, AP1, Hogan Apex Pros, Taylor Made Burner
Wes   Shoots in the 90s [Apr 19, 2010]
Model Reviewed: S2 Max

Replaced my old cobra 2's with these a week ago. These clubs hit far, my old 7 iron hit between 150-160 now I'm hitting it 170-180. Longer distance with shorter irons means better accuracy and lower scores so these get a 10 in my book. Just don't get mad if you over shoot your target the first few times you take them out.

GtownGolfer22   Shoots in the 70s [Feb 23, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Cobra S2 irons

Great new irons from cobra. Have been using them for only a couple months now, but man do I love them. Extremely long, about 15-20 yards longer than any other iron I've hit. They look great too which never hurts. Also, I really like the little bit of lower ball flight I get out of them due to their lower loft angles. Each club has about 2 or 3 less degrees of loft compared to most irons. The pitching wedge especially which is about 3 or 4 degrees less than normal at 43 degrees. Even with the lower ball flight though I still get plenty of spin to stop it on the greens. Great new irons from cobra.

Purchased at golf galaxy. Great help and friendly service. I talked to the guy about these clubs and just general golf for a good hour.

Similar Products Used: Taylormade Burner irons, Titleist ap1 irons, Cleveland CG7 tour irons, Mizuno Mx-1000 irons.