John Letters Trilogy T5 Irons

John Letters Trilogy T5 Irons 

DESCRIPTION

These irons offer the ultimate in playability.Deep cavity backed iron with wide sole designed to provide optimum flight and performance for all players.

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-2 of 2  
[Apr 01, 2024]
nadya

Strength:

This article is truly amazing! I am very impressed with the depth of insight presented and the clear and easy-to-understand writing style. The content of the article is very relevant and informative, providing a deeper understanding of the topic discussed. In addition, the analysis presented is also very profound and provides a different perspective. Thanks to the writer for the effort and dedication in presenting high-quality articles like this. I am looking forward to reading more articles! Read more on: Arta4d

Weakness:

` ` `

OVERALL
RATING
[Sep 03, 2007]
BUNKERDUNKER
Shoots in the 90s
Model Reviewed: John Letters Trilogy t5 irons

Just got hold of a new set for £65 on ebay. Bid on them for the hell of it as was looking for forgiving 3 + 4 iron cavity backs as a little inconsistent with my blades due to relying more on 15 + 18 degree rescue clubs for the longer t-offs and fairway shots. Played a bit of a tense 'friendly' competition and decided to take the whole set for a try out. What a revelation, you can feel when not hit sweet and a beautiful buttery feel when nailed just right. Miss the forged metallic chink sound that I got with a set of Macgregor M455s though (couldn't live with the bulbous look). Lovely boring high trajectory, need to choke down into the wind. Nailed a 170 yard to the flag shot out of semi-rough, flew high and sat down nicely on the green. Later in the round played the 4 iron with the intention of running around 200 yards to lay up before a couple of bunkers, gave it 3/4 and didn't get the best contact...went straight ran 220yds and just stopped short on the upslope of the raised bunker. They didn't rescue me when I made some really bad swings, but then don't think much else would have. Most similar clubs i've played were Taylor Made OS Bubble Burners, where I used to be happy to get around 200 yds (never more than 210 with the best hit) with the 4 iron. Think these are at least a club longer and trajectory feels higher + more penetrating. Getting my iron play confidence right back, which I guess is the whole idea of clubs like these. hoping they nwill finaly get me down into the 80s. Not selling my blades though as not sure re abilty to shape shots yet. At this stage am giving them 5 for value (usually £300-350 rrp - although now discontinued). For overall rating will give 4 as too early to give 100% marks and finish on metalwork on the back of the heads is not perfect here and there. Forgot to mention the softie tacky grips - best in the world. You can hold the clubs gently and yet your hands meld with the grip - incredibly strong, sure yet soft grip. Similar to Karakal grips on tennis racquets. Will play a few more times and update accordingly...to be continued...

Customer Service

Not required yet

Similar Products Used:

Wilson FG55, Taylor Made OS Bubble Burners. Macgregor V-Foil M455, Porsche Design PD-901 blades

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-2 of 2  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

golfreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com