Mizuno MP-52 Irons

MP-52

Timmeh   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 12, 2012]
Model Reviewed: MP-52

I have had these clubs for about 2 years now and I must say they continue to deliver great feel, shot making ability and confidence when addressing the ball. You cannot beat Mizuno forged irons for feel, and these have the added bonus of the dual cavity which allows off centre hits to still come out okay with the feedback letting you know you haven't quite flushed it. I would encourage any low - mid handicapper to get these irons especially if you make decent swings a majority of the time. They may not suit high handicappers (look at the Mizuno JPX range instead). Overall fantastic clubs which will be very hard to replace (I think I will wear them out first)

Similar Products Used: Srixon i901, Taylor made RAC
Par4Par   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 11, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP52

First Forged Iron I've every played. One word to describe them "Awsome". If you've got a good swing, you'll love them. Great Job......

Similar Products Used: RAC LT's, DCI762's
JESSBIRDIE   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 30, 2011]
Model Reviewed: mizuno mp-52

PROJECT X 5.0, BOUGHT NEW ON SALE ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO (MOST CLUBS I BUY SLIGHTLY USED OR CLOSE-OUT AND I DO A LOT OF TRADING.) I AM 61 AND PLAYED ABOUT 7 YEARS (LATE START) I JUST SHOT MY FIRST TWO 79'S IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS WITH THESE. (I USE WHITE TEES SINCE I AM SLIGHTLY AGED.) NICE FEEL, MIZUNO ACCURACY, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND, BUT.. TRY SEVERAL OTHER IRONS AS WELL, ALL GOLF CLUBS ARE VERY PERSONAL TO THE INDIVIDUAL. I ALSO OWN AP-2, 2009 X FORGED, MP-58, ADAMS CB2, ADAMS IDEA A7 GRAPHITE, JUST PURCHASED USED MIZUNO JPX800 PRO (WHICH I THINK I LIKE BETTER THAN MP-52, THEY SEEM TO WORK BETTER (FOR ME) ON ACKWARD LIES AND THEY ARE LONGER- GEE, MAYBE BECAUSE THE 6 IRON IS 29 DEGREES INSTEAD OF 31). I LIKE PROJECT X SHAFTS (USE 5.0 SINCE I AM OLD AND WEAK). MAKE SURE YOU GET THE LIE ADJUSTED CORRECTLY SO YOU DON'T HIT RIGHT OR LEFT OF TARGET WHEN YOU THINK YOU ARE HITTING STRAIGHT. THERE ARE ALOT OF GOOD IRONS OUT THERE, FOR ME I THINK MIZUNO'S ARE THE MOST ACCURATE.
LOOKS LIKE ACCORDING TO RANKMARK'S LATEST IRON TEST I BETTER GO TRADE A FEW SETS FOR TITLEIST CB.

NOT USED

Similar Products Used: G-10, RAPTURE, MP-30, MX-23, AP-1, S-9, CI-7, X-22, I-10, 2007 R7-TP, DIABLO FORGED, MX-300
brian   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 21, 2011]
Model Reviewed: mizuno mp 52

bought these with the project x shafts...absolutely beautiful clubs...i am a 12 handicapper...feels like i am hitting the ball with a board...loss of distance and feel ...very disappointed..will be getting rid of them shortly...and i am a big mizuno iron fan..
i heard nothing but good reviews about these clubs but they do not work for me...

i honestly cannot recommend these clubs to anyone

Similar Products Used: mizuno mx 900
Martinamis22   Shoots in the 80s [Jan 29, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno mp 52

A friend of mine got a set of these irons before Xmas and I was so impressed I bought a set to replace my maxfli revolutions.

I took them out for the first time yesterday and think they are great. On my first hole had about a 140 metre second shot with a faint following breeze - took a smooth swing at an 8 iron aiming at the middle of the green and " click" it leapt off the club face. It was the story of the day - great feel, feedback etc.

Very very happy. Played to my handicap (8) with 2 holes out where I sprayed driver. Highly recommended.

Bought from 3balls.com. Excellent experience - seamless service and great price.

Similar Products Used: Maxfli revolutions - great clubs but shafts were getting a bit tired.
mihail   Shoots in the 70s [Jan 11, 2011]
Model Reviewed: mp 52

so here i am, first time in my life writing a review about anything but this mp 52 s are worth it. i got them yesterday and i went to my local golf club to try them out. my m8 s were already on the tee box so i quickly joined them, my irons still with the wraping on. first hole, par4 440 yards, dogleg to the right. got a good drive on with a slight right to left breeze so i had about 165 left to the pin. got the 6 iron out of its plastic wrapping and that s when the miracle happened. this pure feel of a perfectly struck ball with just the right amount of draw homing on the flag!!!!!! orgasmic. we got on to the green, ball was 2 feet past the flag, so i sunk it and take the applause. next hole par 4 376 yards, also dogleg to the right. after the drive i have 147 left to the flag, against the wind. enter 7 iron. the shot shape was identical, slight draw with the ball landing about 3 yards short and right then rolling to 3 feet past the flag. needless to say my companions were well impressed by now and only then did they notice my new clubs. so another birdie, what can i say the perfect start to what i belive will be a perfect love affair with my new clubs. i play of a 8 handicap but club champions beware, i am a mizuno golf player now!!!!

don t know yet but i bought the clubs from 3balls.com, it s my third time dealing with them and they are top class, i can vouch for them anytime

Similar Products Used: maxfli revolution red dot, cleveland ta7 tour, and from now on mizuno mp52
rooboy   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 27, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno mp52

Bought a set of mp52's couple of months ago,5-pw with Nippon reg shafts.First set of blade like irons i have had.For the first few weeks i seriously thought these irons were too good for me. Loved the feel and consistency but struggled with distance. After several sessions at the range though distance improved and i think that hitting these irons has improved my golf swing with all clubs in the bag. In 3 comp rounds i have reduced my handicap(18) by 2 and if not for a poor run with the putter could have shot better scores. These irons feel great, have great consistency with distance and shot dispersion, and the nippon shafts produce a nice high trajectory. Working the ball is easy with them, and they will force you to swing better.Anyone with a sound swing who can middle the ball consistenly would benefit from these irons. Gotta try GFF!!

Similar Products Used: Nothing to compare with. Have hit nike split cavity, ap2's, and mp62's(longer irons easier to hit with 52's)
scott white   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 07, 2010]
Model Reviewed: mizuno mp-52

i recently aquired a set of mp-52 irons after playing cobra s9 irons for 3 years.never thought i could hit a semi-blade style iron but was at the local golf shop and they were selling demos for 5 bucks and i thought what the hell.its just 5 bucks.the first time i hit that 6 iron i was shocked and so was my brother.i havnt hit a 6 iron in about a year(broke my cobra and never bothered to get it reshafted.)anyway i tried finding a left new set at all the local golf shops and it was no dice.ended up buying a used set off ebay(didnt want 2010 grooves)after 2 rounds to get used to the mp's i was shooting in the mid to low 80's.before that with the cobra s9 irons i only broke 90 about once a month.the reason i think is that with game improvement irons such as the cobras.you get so little feedback that when you do hit it bad,you aint sure just what you did.(toed'heel ect)with these mizunos you know beyound any doupt what you did wrong.dont get me wrong i believe that game improvement irons have a place in golf.such as the player that only play 5 or 6 times a year. but to the true lover of the game that playes in just about any weather year round and wants to get better i feel the GII's hold you back.and the mizuno's have a feel on a well struck shot like nothing i have ever felt with a golf club.so dont let the blade like apperiance scare you 20 hcp'ers.these clubs will help you get down to where you want. i was a plus 20 hcp and after 3 months or so with the irons i am a low to mid teens hcp.i never knew i had that game in me till i got some clubs that give me the feedback i need to feel flaws.by the next summer i and hoping to get to the single digets.but i will need to get my driver to behave(another story all together). in closing wish you all nothing but fairways and greens,

Similar Products Used: in order of use first to last.wilson fatshaft,wilson deep red.cobra S9.
Ham Manor   Shoots in the 70s [Nov 23, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP 52

I have found these clubs to be excellent in all respects, not the longest but that is not important. Really sweet to hit and the soft touch is excellent with the short irons.

I cannot understand why so many people have given them poor quick reviews. 4.94 on written reviews 3.82 after taking into account quickies. It is beyond me and perhaps somebody can explain The only thing I can think of is that people think they are better players than they are and when Mizuno say the clubs are suitable for low to mid handicappers they mean up to about 12.

Similar Products Used: You name I have tried it.
Carey   Shoots in the 80s [Sep 18, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP 52

Decided I wanted to try some new irons so I went down to my local golf store and tried the Ping i15s, Titleist AP1, Mizuno MP 52s, and Cleveland CG7s. Mizunos felt amazing and reviews I read make them sound great so I picked them up. Ball flight was nice and high and the feel was amazing.

First round with them I was a shot better than my previous on that course. Second round I was a shot better than I ever had been before and the guys I was playing with were commenting on how nice I was hitting my irons. Not long after that I went on a golf trip and on the final day I played a course called Fairview Mountain and shot my all time best 81 with 8 three putts(Maybe I need a Mizuno Putter).

THE SITE