Mizuno MX-15 Irons

MX-15

The new MX-15TM gives every golfer the chance to experience the benefits of dual T-Zoid® Power BarTM technology. The MX-15TM is a stainless steel game improvement iron with intricate perimeter weighting creating a low, deep center of gravity for exceptional forgiveness and ideal trajectory. The Dual T-Zoid® Power BarTM moves the center of gravity away from the face on longer irons (3-7) to help elevate the ball, while the solid T-Zoid® Power BarTM on the shorter irons (8-PW) provides more feel and workability for pinpoint accuracy with the scoring irons

Doug   Shoots in the 70s [Apr 06, 2016]
Model Reviewed: MX-15 TZoid

Was looking to try a set of irons with graphite shafts as I in the 60+ age group and like the idea of something a little lighter. Picked up a used set (6 - PW) with Harrison shafts. Really like these clubs as the ball flys high and I get solid shot length. The combination of this club, graphite shaft and wynn grip has cut out the shock I felt in my hands so I can hit lots of balls and not hurt! Never tried Mizuno before but I would go there next time for sure, if I ever give up on this older set, which is highly unlikely!

Mark   Shoots in the 80s [May 25, 2013]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX 15 irons

These irons are very forgiving and produce great shots even for mid to low handicappers. Reviewers who are complaining that the ball flight is too high or they can't get standard distances are crazy. These are longer than my Titleist 962s and the trajectory is a good mid flight. They also bore through the wind nicely. I wanted to try out Mizuno irons as based on their reputation as a great iron. I found these on Ebay and they have not disappointed. I will have them for a long while. A terrific club.

Similar Products Used: Titleist 962
MizunoGolfFan   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 24, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-15

These clubs are solid. I bought them used on ebay for super cheap (150$). They are forgiving (obviously, they're cavity backs) and good looking. It's easy to get the ball in the air and easy to hit straight. I'm not to sure how good the 3-5 irons are because I normally just use my hybrids instead, however the 6-PW are great. These clubs are typical Mizuno clubs and recommended for any mid to high handicapper.

None Needed

Mike   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 19, 2007]
Model Reviewed: MX-15

I have only been playing for a year or so, but I do know foregiveness when I see it. I have been playing with a set of Titleist DCI 990's(blade) for a while. Although they are nice clubs, they were definately not for a beginner. A co-worker of mine who is a better golfer had a new set of MX 15's and wanted to trade even for my 990's. Needless to say that was the best decision I have made. I find myself easily getting the ball airborn, and hitting more greens. With my old clubs, I had a slice but I find myself hitting a slight draw with these. Also, I do not have the most consistant swing but I find myself hitting much fewer fat shots, and hardly ever blade the ball. In my opinion, if you are a newer golfer and are still working to perfect your swing, you cant go wrong with these. Great clubs!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Just my DCI 990's
siongardner   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 28, 2006]
Model Reviewed: MX 15 R300 shafts

Hmmm... Thats all i can say about these clubs really. When struck well they fly high and feel real nice when they sprrrrrrring off the face! But in any real wind, I struggle to control the direction of the ball's flight. It's frustrating when I add the the height of a successful take-off to a bit of wind and I watch as my ball wanders off to the right, with a sidewards re-entry angle. If I roll my wrists over them it has either too much or no effect. Also the low irons (about 9 & PW) give me very little feel on any quality of strike and this has held me back from sticking it close when the oppurtunity comes. Mis-hits aren't forgiven enough (a slight toe strike takes off all the height and some 25 yards) but overall a nice set or irons if your game's sharp enough for them.

Similar Products Used: Tried the demos of the MP60s, MX23 and Titleist's new 775s. I do prefer the 775
kawika5150   Shoots in the 90s [May 06, 2005]
Model Reviewed: MX - 15 T-Zoid

Terrific irons! Goes a little farther, looks solid at set up. Ball flight does go a little higher due to the lower COG, especially on the long irons. I really want to try the MX 23's or the MP 37's as well, but you can't go wrong with these forgiving clubs. Got a set of irons, Mizuno bag and Mizuno putter all for $325 on eBay. How the hell can you go wrong with that?!

Didn't need 'em.

Similar Products Used: Titleist DCI oversize, Tommy Armour 845 SS, Hogan Apex Forged Blades (hard as hell to hit).
macmai   Shoots in the 90s [Feb 27, 2005]
Model Reviewed: MX-15

These are wonderful irons. I was using a set of Ping Zing irons that I loved dearly, but at some point, the generous offset on them at address started to bother me. So, I began my quest for irons with slightly less offset. B/C I got them for such a good deal ($299 new on eBay), I decided to try the MX-15's and have been very happy with my decision. I gained about 5-8 yds with these, and can hit them straight and high. Workability is great, however, I started off losing balls a bit right b/c of the less-offset. It took just a few rounds to adjust and they soon felt like old friends. They're more weighty (which I like) than my old Zings, and they hit extremely soft for cast clubs. Forgiving, but enough feedback to let you know where the ball contacted the club w/o you even looking at the ball mark. All this in a beautifully finished iron with clean lines. Word of warning, I've been told that the MX-15's with the Dynalite Gold shafts hit the ball VERY high. Mine are shafted with the TT-Lite shafts and the ball flight is wonderful.

Never had to use them.

Similar Products Used: Ping Zing Irons
kwack99   Shoots in the 100s [Nov 20, 2004]
Model Reviewed: mx-15

Superb clubs, great build quality, easy to use and forgiving miss hits. Only just started playing recently and these clubs seem to get the ball air bourne and straight.

not needed

neon77jj   Shoots in the 80s [Oct 19, 2004]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-15

After playing the same old set of Ram FX2 Forged Irons since high school (Now I am 24), I decided to try a few new sets of Irons. I have to say, that I am very happy with choosing the mx-15s for a few reasons, the first of course being the fact that they instantly shaved 5-10 strokes off my game. How did this magic occur? Overall the set was easier to swing, moving from a d-5 swingweight to a d-1. Long Irons are easy to hit, and I find myself having an easier time sweeping the ball from the fairway than I have had in the past. Playing long Irons out of the rough isn't too difficult with these clubs as the T-Zoid bar seems to get the ball up right away - and I have yet to see a flier after 5 rounds playing with the new set. Mid Irons feel like butter, Short Irons I am still struglling with as I keep leaving them right (I may have them bent 1 or 2 degrees upright 8-pw, as I am tall and not japanese) but after making some adjustments they are pretty accurate. I am still having a problem with the touch on the pw, but that is to be expected with almost any equipment change. Overall i see these Irons as an incredible bargain, especially since most retailers are looking to get rid of them cheap now that Mizuno isn't making them anymore. Suggestion: Hit the DG and TT lite Shafts Note the trajectory. These Irons Hit the ball so high, its as if the ball was dropped from space, Therefore going with a low trajectory or mid trajectory shaft may be a smart decision. I have no problems getting the ball up with the TT Lite Shafts and Dont lose the distance I was losing with the DGs Paid $229 Brand New

Was pleased with Pro at Caddy Shak Golf in Daytona Beach FL. Small shop, nice pro, gave me great deal on bag aas well and threw in Mizuno Caddy Towel and hat as freebies.

Similar Products Used: Tested Nike Pro Combo, Taylor Made RAC LT, Cleveland TA2, Callaway X-16 After Price drp from retailer on mizunos, I was sold.
datsui   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 10, 2004]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-15s Stiff Steel (S300)

I was in the market for better clubs as my play was improving and I needed something more consistent and precise. As a new player of a year, I’m told my form and swing speed are very good (likely due to a tennis background). But I certainly can’t work the ball or square the club at every impact. So skulls and fat shots still happen too much. If this is you, hope this helps. I ended up buying a good condition floor set of Zuno MX-15s with True Temper S300 stiff steel shafts for $325 CAD (price before our stupid 14.5% tax) at Golf Town (GT), Richmond BC. I had no choice as the whole of BC was sold out of brand new steel, which went at the same $325. I tried them before with Cleveland’s TA-6, Cobra’s SS-i, Callaway’s X-14, TaylorMade’s CGB & RAC OS, and Nike’s Slingshots & Pro Combos. Just in terms of feel, consistency and looks, it was down to the TA-6s, Zunos and Pro Combos (to my delighted surprise). However, with the price factored in, it was a no brainer that the Zunos won out (not least cause my wife plays Zunos and she wanted me to have the same thing…& she was paying). I was literally off to play when I stopped by the store to kill time. So the first time I used the set was actually on the course, and they performed very well. Obviously, it took a while to figure distance and muscle feel. Once adjusted, there was instant gain in distance, accuracy and ball height. I often played one club shorter - and for certain holes were I would tee up a long iron, I play shorter and still sail the ball long. Short irons took more getting use to for me, but when struck well, worked great. My old set was a mixed bag of steel Blue Ridge Wilsons and Adila graphite Dunlop FS Visions. So not sure the comparison is useful. Even then, the steel Zunos were hitting longer than the graphite Dunlops…so that can’t be bad. Only the PW and 9-i were not greatly superior due to a muted feel. But with practice, it will stick it close once you get use to the response. The quality is first rate and the clubs sturdy. Time will tell of course. They ship with Golf Pride Tour Velvet 58, which is a bit on the tacky side for me. I prefer some hand alignment markings on the grip, which is non-existent. The only marking is a vertical “Mizuno”. Clearly this is subjective, but I think overall the TA-6s and MX-15s are worthy picks. For me, the TA-6s actually played a bit more consistent and sounded more definitive on good impact (it is newer tech). But it’s almost twice the price. At address both clubs have similar toplines with the Zunos being a bit sleeker and the TA-6 more minimalist (for all you interior designers) overall. Both are pretty anyway, although some reviews advise MX-15 buyers to check out the long irons, as it’s possible to see a bit of the sole at address. Didn’t bother me. I know these clubs are discontinued so there are deals. I’ve tracked them on eBay and no one has beaten $325 CAD. To all US friends, even with the slightly worse exchange rate now, this is still a steal. $325 is good for entry level stuff only usually. Final note, my GT sales guy during purchase was bad. Didn’t feel like he wanted to help. To be fair, it was my worst experience yet. Obviously, he knew the thing would sell and he was right. Still, he lacked service and initiative and I felt there was room for him to offer a bit extra (e.g. club cleaning which is fair for floor model sales). He could have made a lifetime customer out of me. Too bad. Fortunately, even without his help, I knew these were good. So I’m glad I got them.

Haven't needed to use yet.

Similar Products Used: Tested: Cleveland TA-6, Cobra SS-i, Nike Slingshot, TM CGB, Callaway X-14, Nike Pro Combo, and TM RAC OS.