Mizuno MX-20 Irons

Mizuno MX-20 Irons

MX-20TM provides the solid, soft feel of a forging and the wide sweet spot area of a deep cavity back.

Extensive research by Mizuno engineers has led to the next step in game improvement forgings, the MX-20TM irons, featuring Mizuno's Grain Flow ForgingTM technology and a wider sweet spot area. The latest addition to Mizuno's line of forged irons, the MX-20TM features a unique dual T-Zoid® Power BarTM that offers unparalleled forgiveness while maintaining the solid, soft feel that only comes from a Mizuno forged iron.

[Feb 02, 2016]
Rene Veenema
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX20

I bought a second hand Mizuno MX20 iron set for my son. At that time I played Ping. But when I used the Mizuno, just for fun on a sunny afternoon, I was impressed.
Magnificent Irons, soft, control and distance, all in one. I use them ever since.
(And my son ownes a newer Ping set now)

[Sep 14, 2012]
Alex
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-20 T-Zoid

Initially i've played the Mizuno MX-19 cast irons, which already were great for me, because they are very tolerant. Then I tried the MX-20 T-Zoid once from my dad, and well he never got them back! With DynamicGold Lite shafts and winn grips they are the best irons I ever played. I have hcp 16,4 now and it my iron 4 about 180-190m (which is way enought for me). Also, i am about 20-30m longer with these irons than any of the new irons on the market, and I just get a better feeling when I play with these. I've compared them with the new TaylorMade RocketBallz which are supposed to have the newest technology and everything, and i must say, the MX-20 outclass them. However, they are not easy to play irons and i wouldnt recommend them for beginners or people without a proper golf swing. But when you hit the ball, well you hit it hard! I would definitely recommend these to every advanced player!

[Jun 17, 2011]
Bill
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX20

I have played internationally and have won county and national championships. Have always used blade irons, but these Mizunos are simply superb and not to be confused with ordinary 'game improvers'. The non wry-necked short irons are particularly good.
No-one would be ashamed to be seen with these in their bag!!

[Feb 16, 2011]
rav817
Model Reviewed: mizuno mx 20

I sold my MP 32 just to buy this irons this irons are 1 1/2 longer than any irons that i had used, think because the loft is stronger, what i like about this irons they are long with soft feel.. try it ..it has good price in ebay but if you go with mizuno forged you wont go back to cast...

[May 05, 2010]
stefan
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX 20

Fantastic clubs. They reward every good shot but don't penalize bad shots. Forged iros with lots of feel and forgiveness. They set up as a blade, do not have a thick topline, but have game improvement features as a larger sweetspot and the t zoid bar behind hte club face. The are long due to stronger lofts. Very good shafts True Temper Dynamic Golf Lite en decent Golf Pride Grips. I recommend these clubs to anyone with a handicap between 25 and 8! A true classic and much better and more a player's club than the MX 23 and MX 25!

[Jul 24, 2009]
Howard
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-20

I am just writing this review to respond to Tyson, who just reviewed these clubs. Tyson, when I read your review I thought i wrote, the reason is, I have MX-20's, and have been hitting (MP-57, MP-60), and just decided, I dont need them, I love my MX-20's...they are a nice club..

[Jul 23, 2009]
Tyson
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-20

Bought these used some years back. I love them. I play s300's in them and hit my 5 iron 205 and play to about a 6 hdcp. I get half tmepted to try Mizuno blades but these have such good feel and workability why sacrifice the forgiveness? Thin shots are especially tolerable. Great visualy at address. You know when and how you miss when you do but get away with a lot considering the feel. I've hit a ton of top clubs and will unlikely ever play another brand again. How could you play a hybrid when your 3 feels this good! Oh yeah, I play Cleveland wedges 56* & 60*. They are great too

NA

callaway, cobra, titleist, taylormade, cleveland, 845's, Redbird

[Jun 09, 2009]
High Handicapper
Model Reviewed: Mx-20

These clubs are great! I have only been playing a yr but never broke 100s mainly due to the fact that I average 3.86 putts per hole, but I am usally on the green with a chance to make par due to these irons. They go strait but I think I have lost some distance from my wal-mart speicals only about five yards. I have been playing with these clubs 6 months now and I can see that I have improved. Great Irons!!

None

[May 27, 2009]
Erik Estrada
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-20 T-Zoid

I just purchased these clubs on ebay for about 125.00, and they are pretty new. They look great at address, and feel very light in your hands. I would say that I have to agree with golf pro's who say once you hit a Mizuno your will never want to hit another club. These clubs are great from every possible postion in the rough, and in a fairway bunker, the ball just shoots off the face, and it feels great. This club will let you know once you miss hit it. I love these clubs, and will alway play Mizuno.

didn't use it.

Taylormade R-7, Adams golf Idea, Nike Blades.

[Nov 20, 2008]
JonnyM1
Model Reviewed: Mizuno mx 20

These are simply put the sweetest feeling clubs I have ever tried. I love the look of them at address. They are fairly easy to work your shot. The flight is higher than most and also longer than most (about 5 yards more). Not much penalty on off center hits but you will feel it. Probably not for high handicappers due to the smaller head, but if you shoot in low 90s this club can build some confidence and lower your scores.

not used