Mizuno MX 25 Irons

MX 25

With the MX-25TM iron, the Mizuno Product Development team took on the task of greatly improving upon the MX-23TM, Mizuno's #1 selling iron of all time. This feat was achieved by utilizing the new Grain Flow Forged® 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel and engineering a wide, deeper, and longer H.E.M.I COGTM Pocket Cavity for the lowest and deepest COG in a one piece forged iron. The MX-25TM iron delivers a massive sweet area along with the new three dimensional "X" Back cavity pad for maximum forgiveness on off-center hits and increased solid feel. No other iron can offer this game improvement technology while maintaining the solid, soft feel that comes only from a Mizuno Grain Flow Forged® Iron.

Troy Harmer   Shoots in the 70s [Jun 28, 2014]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-25

After playing with forged blades for years a bought a used set of MX-25.Word cannot describe the joy I have received from the use of these clubs.It may be harder to fade or draw the shot,however,straight is good....very good.Easily take 3 strokes of my game.

Robin Sole   Shoots in the 70s [Dec 22, 2013]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX25 Irons

Nice clubs that work well with the S300 shafts. The heads are a little smaller than what I was used to and that took about 1,000 balls to adapt to mentally. These aren't clubs for the casual golfer. If you don't have a club head speed of around 90 mph or better you're going to have a hard time with these.

Ray   Shoots in the 90s [Sep 22, 2013]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX25

I am a left handed golfer and was looking for a new set of irons. I found a nearly new set of Mizuno mx25 3-pw irons and purchased them about 5 weeks ago. I was very impressed at how quickly I got used to the clubs. They are a club that is forgiving yet doesn't look or feel like one of the typical oversized club head improvement irons. They hit a nice solid high trajectory with very good distance. I am now able to hit a draw and shape my shots. Since getting these clubs I have shot two nine hole rounds in the 30's and scored my first hole in one on a par 3 223 yard hole using a 4 iron. I love going to the course and playing these irons. I am looking forward to playing a sub 80 round using these new irons. Great club mizuno.

Stefan   Shoots in the 90s [Mar 17, 2013]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX 25

These are very fine sticks!! Lots of feel, soft, very good lightweighted shaft and deadly accurate! I lost a couple of yards but got more feel and greens in regulation back! Nice clubhead but you can see the cavity in irons 3,4 and 5. I recommend these for every level til handicap 10! Muche better than JPX 800 and 825 (kind of in between JPX 800 and 800 pro)You can get them very cheap nowadays at Ebay!

Mike Lowry   Shoots in the 70s [Feb 06, 2013]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-25

Hard to find better irons. I completely agree with the previous post. I have the 690.cb irons as well...both are great sets, but the Mizunos are much easier to play. These are most most solid, best-feeling, forgiving irons I've ever played...hands down. The shaft feels great...simply a lighter version of the Dynamic Golds. If someone experiences distance loss, it has to be because of poor contact. They're long and easy to hit. Solid strikes feel pure. The long irons are crazy easy to hit compared to the other sets I've played and I really enjoy hitting my 4 & 5 irons now. Dollar-for-dollar there isn't a better set out there.

Similar Products Used: MX-300, AP2
BW   Shoots in the 70s [Sep 10, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-25

I enjoy changing clubs every few seasons. I picked up a really nice used set of Mizuno MX-25s because I wanted something with strong lofts and a lighter shaft. I've played Mizuno wedges the past few years and really enjoy the feel and playability, so I was interested in Mizuno irons. I am very happy with my purchase. The clubs have done exactly what I wanted...they are very easy to swing and hit solidly and get a nice strong, high trajectory with very good distance. The feel of these clubs is about the best I've played...Titleist 690.cb are similar, but the MX-25s have a bigger sweet spot and much stronger lofts. I've read alot of reviews that talk about a loss of distance and I'm very curious how that could be...because a decent swing gives wonderful feel and really nice distance and accuracy. I'm looking forward to future rounds because the fun of hitting irons has come back to my game. Since the clubs are a few years old, they can be had for a great price. If you're looking at these clubs, you won't be disappointed with your purchase.

Similar Products Used: MP 57, MX-300, Titleist 690.cb, Titleist AP2
Pky6471   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 05, 2012]
Model Reviewed: MX-25 S300 Dynalite SL shaft

I have a set of MX-23 with Exsar R-flex graphite shaft. Wanna try MX-25 with R300 steel shaft but they sent me wrong shaft (S300 instead of R300). Lost a club length as tested at a local range, ball flight is higher than MX-25 graphite shaft. Shaft wt is 104g vs. 82g of my graphite shaft and I think it's a major factor for distance lost. Even without distance loss, it's not any better than my MX-23. In fact, ball dispersion is not as good as MX-23 set ... Glad to try but not for me, I am sure a correct shaft would be a different story... Sent back for full refund

never use

Similar Products Used: MX-23, Callaway X-16, Callaway 2002 BB, King Cobra
scottshouseofgolf   Shoots in the 70s [Aug 10, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX-25

I have been playing golf most of my life and in the last 4 years I have been trying different sets of irons. I normally shoot in the upper 70's or lower 80's. I was playing with Taylormade r7 draw irons. They are a very good set of iron. They fly straight and far. But I decided that I wanted to try something different, so I bought a set of Callaway X-20's. I hit them ok but not as well as the r7's. The X-20's seemed to be 5 yard longer or shorter on well struck hits, never a consistant distance. So I sold the X-20's and went back to the r7's. Soon after that I found a set of Ping G15 on ebay for a good price. I was excited to hit them because I had heard alot of good things about them. They hit very good but it seemed like I had a 20 gap in between the 9 iron and PW. So I went back to the r7's and sold the G15's. I decided to try something different and went with the Adams V3 hybrid set. When I first started playing these I hit them straight and long. They are also very forgiving. But soon after I noticed that I would chuck the short irons trying to get some back spin. The larger sole felt like a bulldozer when I tryed to hit down on the ball and take a divot. So once again I went back to the r7's. I played the r7's for the rest of the season and into the next when I got that wild hair again. So I figured since I hit the r7's pretty good I would try another set of Taylormades. I bought the Taylormade Burner XD's. Took them out to the course and hit a fade on every shot with every iron. I normally hit a straight ball and this wouldn't be acceptable. They didn't last long in my bag. I then swore to myself that I would never get another set of irons again. So the following season I bought another set. Go figure. I decided to try a set of Mizuno's. I did my research and found that the MX-23's had awesome reviews. Then I saw the reviews on the similar MX-25's. They seem to be almost the same except that the MX-25's are made with softer metal for better feel. I decided to try the MX-25's. I bought a set from Callaway Preowned. The same day that they came in I took them to the driving range. I bought a bucket of balls and set up for my first swing. "CHUNK" Not again, I said to myself. Well I set up to another ball and "WOW" it flew high, long and straight. I continued to hit each club that same way. I was impressed. After finishing the bucket I decided to try them on the course. I had more of the same results. My first round with the MX-25's I shot an even par 72. The following day more of the same, 73. I have been playing the MX-25's for 3 months and I play almost everyday. I have not shot over 76. The only issue I have while playing these is....what to do with my r7's.

chas   Shoots in the 80s [Oct 25, 2010]
Model Reviewed: MX-25

I bought a set of MX-25 irons recently and am kicking myself for not making the investment earlier. The feeling of a well struck shot is absolutely pure. The distances of each club are predictable and repeatable. The 3i plays so well off the fairway I've parked my 5w. Excellent in every respect.

Similar Products Used: Never had forged clubs before. Cavity back cast clubs TM, Ping, Titleist,Callaway only compare to each other, not to Mizuno.
Robert McCrea   Shoots in the 70s [Jun 28, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MX25

I picked up a set of MX25s about 3 years ago, having played MX17s (Mizuno's GI irons at the time) before that. Very briefly between 17 and 25, I had a shocking Ping G2 experience - I don't know why anyone would choose to play cast when you can play a forge as forgiving as MX25. These clubs will take you from 20 to 7, before they need to be changed - I am living proof. You will pick up a set of MX25 for around £200. If you are playing GI (game improvement) irons at the moment, striking it crisp but can't stop the ball on the green from inside 150 yards, look no farther and find a willing seller, these will change your life, and the enjoyment of your hobbey.

No need to use it, I've been delighted since day dot!