Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II Irons

Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II Irons

The Pro-II is ideal for golfers who are looking for the traditional look and feel of a muscle back blade with the forgiveness offered by a cavity back design. Mizuno has taken the playability of the T-Zoid Pro and added more feel and control.

[May 30, 2015]
Tom
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II

Wow. Everyone said I could never play these clubs.
I needed forgiving irons bla bla bla. These irons are a dream. When you middle them there's nothing better. They are so smooth. A must have.

[Jul 22, 2010]
Ryan Cannington
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T Zoid Pro II

First of all for the money these clubs are the real deal! They have a very thin top line so the setup on the ball is very eye pleasing. I have played these clubs 3-pw for about 2 years. Went from a 3 handicap to Scratch mostly because of these clubs. One concern is the PW and 9 iron are slightly larger and seem to be a little offset. The clubs are pretty soft mild steel like most forged clubs so they ding a little from riding in a bag. Ebay is a great place to catch a deal i bought some rated 9/10 for $150. These Irons are great for someone who doesn't know if they can hit a Blade style iron and just want to practice. Practice with these irons and when you have them dialed in, you will smile everytime you hit a ball and the club does exactly what you wanted it too. Good luck Golfing those golf balls..

Cobra Fp, Titleist 690MB

[Jun 09, 2010]
Dre
Model Reviewed: Mizuno Pro 2

Played these clubs for about 6 years. Best feature for me is the weight, they club heads are heavy and can cut through thick rough with easy. They are pretty easy to work, but don't have as much feel as pure blades (pretty close though). You do lose lots of distance (20%) on off center hits, so recommended for the better player. I've read some other reviews that say these aren't as long as other irons out there, but I have hit tons of irons and haven't noticed much of a distance loss. My one problem with this set is in the 9iron and PW...the club heads seem a bit too big and I wish Mizuno would have designed them a bit more "bladeish" on the higher irons (even though the PW is a pure blade). Other than that great set.

MP 32s, srixon 702, callaway x-forged

[Jun 30, 2009]
Nick
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T Zoid Pro II

I have been playing golf for about 8 years serisouly and i got out of it for about 2 years when i sold my Mizuno MP 33's. I bought these and within in a few weeks i felt like i was back where i was when i quit. I love these irons and they provide the workablilty of a blade and have great feel.

I have hit pretty much every club out there

[May 10, 2009]
drehill8
Model Reviewed: Pro II

Bought these on Ebay for $300 4 years ago and never looked back. I'm pretty much a straight ball hitter, but when I find myself behind trees and have to work the ball, these clubs can do wonders. I wouldn't say they feel exactly like blades, but very close. The slightly bigger and heavier (this is my favorite feature) club head gives you confidence even out of thicker lies. I feel I can take a 3 iron out of the rough and still hit it almost the full distance.

The look of the clubs is getting a bit dated, and mine are heavily dinged, but it's the score at the end of the round that counts. Highly recommended irons. Probably won't buy another set until the grooves are unplayable haha.

I've demoed and hit most of the Mizuno, Titleist, srixon etc... clubs out there.

[May 03, 2009]
Andrew
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T zoid pro II

Great set of Irons.
Much more forgiving than I had anticipated given the reviews.

Many people who claim to be single digit handicap players are also single to double digit liars. ha.

If you are an honest 20 handicap player or lower these are awesome clubs - no question.

I would agree with others that they do create a good deal of spin, which one might have to keep in mind when dialing in the distance.

Great product. I dropped a set of newer iron set with 'newer technology' in favour of these.

Srixon i-506
Taylor made rac cb

[Aug 27, 2008]
Garrett Coyle
Model Reviewed: Pro-II

I'm generally a big fan of the Pro-IIs. I've been playing them for almost ten years. They're not forgiving on poorly struck shots, so I wouldn't mess with them if you aren't below a 12 or 15 handicap. The other thing you should know if you're considering them is that I think the lofts are a degree or two weaker than a lot of other sets.

My only problem is with the pitching wedge, which for some reason I have always tended to pull about five to seven yards left of my target. (Unlike the rest of the set, the pitching wedge has no cavity; it's a pure muscleback.) Has anyone else experienced this? I had them custom fit, so I know the lie angle is right for me.

[Jul 28, 2007]
mj0ne5
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II

I'm only 15 and began taking golf seiously about two years. My dad handed these down to me and honeslty, i don't know why. These irons are fantastic. Forged blade irons are great to learn on because if you can hit these... you can hit anything. I adore these irons. excellent feedback on well struck or even miss hits. These will tell you exactly what you are doing wrong whether you are skulling the ball or hitting it fat. A very high recommendation from me.

Wilson Staffs, Taylor Made TP's

[Nov 11, 2006]
lethlwepn4a
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T-Zoid Pro forged II

These clubs DO have good feel and feedback. I thought I would put my Cleveland form foged TA3's away and try some Mizuno's. I've hit several of the other Mizuno's including mp14's, mp32's, mp33's, and mp60's. The Mizuno's do have a "buttery feel" when pured, but I just wasn't getting the distance and accuracy of my TA3's. I really wanted to like these clubs..I even took them with me to my local golf shop to have the loft and lie adjusted if necessary. They were right on for my swing...they just weren't for me. I think a persons like or dislike for these clubs is just a personal preference. They have a great appearance to them. I can only advise that you play a couple of rounds with these before you commit to buying them.

Cleveland TA3's, Ping Eye 3+, Adams Idea A-1's, Cobra and Cobra II's, Cobra SS, Ben Hogan Edge CFT's

[Sep 04, 2006]
Russcoe
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II

I have always loved the look of these irons and managed to get a good condition set on Ebay for £86 ($155), which is crazy for a set of clubs this quality, they have Dynamic Gold R400 Sensicores fitted. Played my first round with them after an hours practice and shot an 81 (9 over 1 under handicap). I am 43, 5'8," 170 lbs (76Kg). I have been playing for about 20 years and am a 10 handicap using many clubs over the years. I am by no way a great ball striker and unlike many here a good drive is 260 yards, 7 iron carry 150.
These irons are fantastic to hit and up to the 5 iron are not as hard as I would have thought. The short irons are very accurate and if you practice the feedback lets you know what you have done wrong for you to correct. A well struck shot feels fantastic and you have to be spot on to get the best results but if you are a little off they are still quite forgiving. The 3 iron is in the garage and the 4 seldom used. I would say if you get the right shaft and have the lie angle set properly a reasonable striker up to 15 or so could use these without too much trouble. At the moment I think they are superb but if my swing goes off the MX-20's are coming out.

Used on a previous set in the UK - Absolutely superb.

Comp-EZ's, MX-20's, Ping Eye 2+, Ping ISI Copper, Ping i3's.