Nickent Golf Genex 3DX Irons

• Increased launch angle
  • Better spin rate

Dave   Shoots in the 100s [Sep 13, 2009]
Model Reviewed: 3DX RC Iron set

After 15 years of hacking and playing 3-5 rounds per summer with the same old set, I bought the 3DX RC iron set mid summer. I played my 2nd round with the irons today, and..... wow, I love em!

My game still has a lot of improving to do, but I dropped from a normal 110 to a 97 in my 2nd round with the irons. This, btw, was the first time I have ever golfed a sub-100 round, so it was a great day all around. The irons feel great and ARE very forgiving. The hybrids feel great from the fairway, and the 5 iron and weight of the heads make the swing much smoother. For the first time, I feel I can trust the clubs to do the work... Heck, I got my first birdie today!!!

The Nickent 3DX RC iron set is a great set for similar golfers who are working to get consistency into their game, and to get their score down.

Chuck   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 25, 2007]
Model Reviewed: 3DX 3-PW

Normally I play blades, because I don't like a lot of offset, but I wanted something more forgiving and opted on the Nickent 3-PW 3DX ions. The picture on this website for these irons is not the right one. These 3DX irons have red inserts over the cavity. The 3 and 4 are hybrids and then 5-PW. The 3 and 4 seem a bit redundant with 3 degrees of separation, so I don't really hit the 3 that much. The hybrids are decent as Nickent is known for them, but they are not the best out there. The irons are incredibly long! But the lofts are stronger so that has something to do with it. The PW is 44 degrees! So a gap wedge is useful. The soles are not really wide like Big Berthas, so I find it fairly easy to work the ball. Can pretty much draw and fade at will. Easy to hit high and low shots too. On the forgiveness side: toe hits yield pretty much the same distance while heel hits are not nearly as good with about 10% distance loss. Aesethically: well they're nice, but not pretty like my Hogans! Grips: Winn standard grips V type. I don't prefer these! They get a little slick. I really think this is a good set for a person who is either starting out or for even a 10 handicapper; the fact they come with two hybrids (dumping the 3-4 irons is smart). This wouldn't be a good set necessarily for a single digit guy. Right now I'm at a 12, so I will continue to play these until I can find something better.

Nickent is a good company, no problems

Similar Products Used: Other Nickent products
jesse.day   Shoots in the 90s [Oct 20, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Nickent 3DX 20* R flex

I love the swing weight. I can really feel the clubhead position in the backswing and downswing. Easy to hit straight. A little longer than my 3 iron and more consistent. I'll still carry both as I'm committed to learning the long irons (besides I don't play in tournaments so the 14 club rule is really more like a suggestion...I don't improve lies or use the shoe wedge or anyother type of fudging) I've been hitting draw-biased fairway woods and now I can't hit anything but a draw...or a hook. So the neutral alignment and heavier swing weight really sold me. I traded a Cobra 7 wood for this hybrid so the price of zero happened to also suit me fine. I would give these a serious look. And if you are a consummate Ebayer I'd say buy this hybrid if you can already hit a straight ball.

IDK

Similar Products Used: First hybrid...
Callaway and Cobra fairway woods.
TexasJess   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 06, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Nickent Genex 4i hybrid, reg

I opted to lose my 3 and 4 irons and replace them with hybrids. I went with the Genex 4i hybrid for now and these guys are right, this thing is straight as an arrow. Easy to hit and feels like butter. I purchased the club with a regular flex because I like to swing my fairway woods easier for fear of smashing into the ground behind the ball and I will probably stick with this flex till I get more comfortable as opposed to a stiff flex in my driver and irons. This is a wonderful replacement to those hard to hit long irons. Great looks and easy to align. Put the right swing on it and the ball will fly. Buy one if your still on the fence whether you should go hybrid or not.

Similar Products Used: Never used any other hybrids, I'm sticking with Nickent
solly   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 03, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Nickent 4dx Ironwood

Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to try one of these newfangled hybrid/rescue clubs. Did a little bit of homework and quite alot of research/reading of all the different models and makes and originally decided on the 3dx ironwoods but, hearing that the 4dx had just been released, settled on those. Let me just say, I have never before put anything in my golf bag that has made as big difference. I purchased the 17* and 20* with the regular flex UST SR3 shafts and all I can say is they are fantastic. Incredibly easy to hit, very straight and long...Almost a fountain of youth. Now, I thought I hit my fairway woods and long irons o.k. but these just do it all that much easier. High, soft approach shots, low punch shots..If there is a problem with the 4dx it is too straight and a little hard to work the ball left or right but hey, long and straight suits me. Just do yourselves a favour and try these things, i'm sure you'll be impressed.

not used as yet

Similar Products Used: Titleist 503-H, Taylor Made Rescue Dual, Various cheap and nasty hybrids
Remi Hansen   Shoots in the 70s [May 03, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Nickent 3DX DC

I can't say enough positive about the Nickent 3DX DC Ironwood and Utility wood Hybrid clubs. I must say that when I bought my first #3 20* Ironwood with an SRT by UST speed rated stiff shaft, I was very apprehensive as I had tried five other hybrids with mixed results. Mainly, the others were tougher to hit well with consistency and were not near as straight or as long in distance. I knew the first time I hit the 3DX DC Ironwood that I had found the replacement for my 3 iron. I hit the ball a solid 200+ yards, straight as a pin. When struck, the ball feels like the club has slid through butter. This club was so good, I benched my 4 and 5 irons as well and replaced them with 4 and 5 Nickent 3DX DC hybrids. All 3 are easy to hit, long and straight. It's a lot tougher to work these compared to an iron but, when you are in the short grass in the middle of the fairway, that hasn't been a major concern. In fact, these were so good, I tried a #3 utility wood as well and had exactly the same result. I gave up maybe 15 yards on my regular 3 wood but, got it all back in accuracy. In a word, fabulous! If you want to go low and you are aging as I am, ditch the long irons and go with these. With just a little practice, you'll feel like you were reliving your 20's.

Similar Products Used: Callaway FT-3, Tour Edge Bazooka, MacGregor MacTec UT, Cleveland Halo, Adams Idea.
Jean-Pierre Caron   Shoots in the 70s [May 02, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Nickent 3dx ironwood 17 ams 20 degrees

It took me 2 years to finally let my 2 and 3 irons in the garage. After talking to the Pro where i practice, he suggested me to go for the Nickent with the UST stiff shafts. Unknown for me at this point , i gave it a try . Those clubs are amazing , now i can it a high trajectory 2 iron at about 235 yards from the tee or the fairway. Even better , i can control it perfectly, it`s a bit hader to fade than draw for me though. I compared those clubs to the big names like Ping , Callaway and Taylor Made and those were still behind Nickent in terms of performance and precision. On top of that , at $68/club , it`s a real steal. This edit is posted by another person.

I did not need them ,but they answer emails pretty quick .

Similar Products Used: Ping G5 , Callaway Fusion ,Hogan CFT .
Docleo99   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 05, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Genex Arc 58 degree wedge

exellent feel & set up , ball explodes off face ,great around greens,exellent value !!!!

not needed

Similar Products Used: many
pjgaitens   Shoots in the 90s [Oct 16, 2006]
Model Reviewed: 3DX ironwood 23 and 18.5 degree

I've had limited experience with hybrids, only playing -- off and on -- the Cleveland Halo for a couple of seasons, so I can't compare the DX ironwood to the vast array of hybrids now on the market.
However,I can say the 3DX is a fairly easy club to hit with consistency.
The 23 degree flies high with slightly better distance than my 4 iron and the 18.5 degree is longer than my 3 iron and a couple of yards longer than my 7 wood.
The ball flight is high but you can control it by changing the ball position.
There's almost a soft feeling at impact, and they're more forgiving than you might think.
After only a few rounds with these I know the more I play them the more I will like them. They'll take some time to get used to but it will be worth the investment.
They're great off tight fairway lies and out of the rough.
The 18,5 is also useful off the tee on short par 4s.
The clubs look great and the UST graphite (reg. flex shafts)are light but not whippy. The club has great balance and the Winn grip is fantastic.
There's a new model out so you can get these for about 70 bucks.
They're worth trying out.

I haven't had to use it yet.

Similar Products Used: Cleveland Halo.
greyhoundsteve   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 17, 2006]
Model Reviewed: 3dx dc 3 & 4 hybrid

I guess this is as close as a category as these fit into. I am reviewing the Nickent 3dx dc 3 and 4 hybrids with the ust speed rated graphite shafts in regular flex. I have to be honest, the first few times i hit these clubs i did not like them. I couldnt get any consistancy out of them and wondered why i bought them until i adjusted my setup and now.... WOW do these things fly long and straight and land soft too. NEVER and i mean NEVER could i hit my 3 or even 4 iron this well. I could sometimes get the distance i do with these but not the great trajectory or soft landings i find with these hybrids. I have tried almost every hybrid on the market and while most of them play very similar to these i decided on the Nickents because of the price and the fact that they are just sexy looking clubs. If i had to state a weakness it would be that i do not use the head covers and the paint on the top chips very easily and the finish on the bottom chips easily as well from normal cart riding clanking. I have a 14 divider bag but these clubs are noticably dinged up and none of my other irons or woods display similar problems. Also, if i had to do it all over again i might opt for different shafts, im not a huge fan of "speed rated" shafts. As a nice bonus i like using these for bump and runs near the green though the face is a bit hot for that.

havent used

Similar Products Used: halo, g5, rescue mid, rescue dual, cpr, sonatec, os2... ALL OF THEM!

THE SITE