Ping Eye 2 Irons

Ping Eye 2 Irons

Wildly Popular since their mid 80's inception, the Ping Eye2 Irons are the original, and still one of the best cast, perimeter weighted cavity back irons on the market.

[Apr 03, 2013]
pat leary
Model Reviewed: ping eye 2

I've used several different makes of clubs,but last year I brought a set of used ping eye 2 from Ebay.What a difference they make.They are really smooth! Yes they may make your game a little shorter,but that is why you carry 14 clubs in your bag.

[Nov 11, 2012]
sptomo34
Model Reviewed: ping eye 2

Played these on and off for 5 years. Handicap gone from 16 to 9 in that time. I then tried a new combo set and fell in love with those. The newer irons went further and flew lower. So I felt I'd cracked it hitting 9 irons from 150 yds. Took the pings out the other day out of curiosity. They go higher and not as far, but this is partly because they have weaker lofts. What is noticeable is the control. Using a pro v1 and wet greens admittedly, but backed up a 5, 6 and 7 iron a good three feet. In summary, my golf has gotten better over the years but these clubs give you more the better you get. More forgiving than anything else when you don't flush it, as good as anything out there when you do. Only downside is lack of distance, but a 5 iron to 20 feet is better than a 7 iron off the green. They may not be pretty but they work!

[Jun 03, 2012]
Wayne
Model Reviewed: Ping Eye 2

I struck gold at the local Goodwill store!

Bought a complete set of Ping Eye 2s for
99 cents each, and whatb the reviews say are true.

I've never played better.

Never contacted

Mizuno Tour XP Midsize (Set also found at Goodwill.)
Outward 9 Hybrids (Set also found at Goodwill.)

[Apr 23, 2012]
bailey
Model Reviewed: ping eye 2

i,m a junior and i have been playing for two years now with some old ladies raz but i decided to have a change so i got some eye 2s and my play just changed i can hit it 10m further and get a perfect height. they are great clubs for any range golfer their a great choice for wieght balance and straight game i love them

jkbrf

none

[Feb 04, 2012]
pingman22
Model Reviewed: Eye 2

I've played the ISI's since the 90's and had never wanted to change. Got a set of eye 2's (model w/ "u" grooves) made only one yr from Sept of 84-Sept of 85. The intrigue was to own the u groove model..Also have the Karsten 1 iron set.
After playing a few rounds with the eye 2's I see why so many folks luv em! The control and accuracy are really impressive.

Very happy to own them!

Fairways & greeens to you!

[Dec 19, 2011]
ralph witt
Model Reviewed: ping eye 2

I baught a set of eye 2 black dot and just played one of the best rounds of my life. Wish I had gotten these clubs years ago. I am truly amazed at the feed back they give me.

[Dec 11, 2011]
JERRYUSMC111@YAHOO.COM
Model Reviewed: PING EYE 2

I HAVE PLAYED GOLF FOR 25 YRS I HIT A SET ABOUT 25 YRS AGO AND WAS AMAZED. IT WAS LIKE MY WISH COM TRUE.BUT I TRIED OTHER CLUBS AS I WAS TOLD CLUBS DONT MAKE THE DIFFRENCE BY EVEN PROS.BULL.

[Dec 08, 2011]
Big Sarge
Model Reviewed: ping eye 2 red dot irons

Bought a set of Ping Eye 2 Red Dot left-handed irons last week for 20 bucks. 3-LW with serial numbers in great shape, just needed cleaning up. Still has original grips. Can't wait to play them this weekend. They have been sitting in a closet for years here in Okinawa.

[Aug 11, 2011]
Back ten
Model Reviewed: Ping Eye 2

I bought mine in '82 after seeing many pros play them and I played blades for 20 years prior. Its the only set I use and Ive tried all the others at demo days. What did these irons do? All cavity backs are just trying to imitate them as they were first. Callaway has built a company from cloning versions of them as well as Titleist. I cant believe that Scotty Cameron has the balls to charge so much for putters with his name on Ping designs. Dont let them tell you that golf clubs are better every year. Ive played and won many tournaments with my 30 year old irons so dont be a golf fashion moron. Buy a new shirt and balls if it makes you feel better but it ain't the clubs holding you back if they are Eye 2s.

[Jul 16, 2011]
Macdoctor56
Model Reviewed: Ping Eye 2

I just bought a set of Ping Eye 2's yesterday, I can't wait to try these, the reviews of these clubs are the best I've seen of any clubs out there!!