Ping G15 Irons

Ping G15 Irons

The technology of the G15 Iron provides the high-launching, maximum forgiveness attributes that bring consistency to your iron play. The stainless steel iron’s cavity design features a new Custom Tuning Port (CTP) which expands the perimeter weighting and increases the moment of inertia.

[Jan 01, 2024]
minami

Strength:

Wonderful Article!

. . .

[Dec 22, 2023]
arissaaqila

Strength:

tstoto
, with humility, always emphasizes that this achievement would not have been possible without the support and joint contribution of the community, partners and all parties involved. He continues to invite everyone to join in building a more inclusive, sustainable and vibrant world through the magic of the game of golf.

Weakness:

No weaknesses. All very good.

[Feb 07, 2023]
olivernicholle9052

Strength:

I bought this set for a incredile price because they were demos. The wear was hardly noticable. I also got a great deal on my woods and FT driver (See reviews for both). Call direct for some great deals. tire service Visalia

None . .

[Oct 29, 2022]
madmardigan

Strength:

I will note right away that I normally use a set of Mizuno MX900 GI irons, and will likely continue to play with them for awhile. However, like the poster before me, I do believe the best GI clubs are a set of blades. Salem Internal Engine Repair

None . .

[May 28, 2021]
rosendamanns2

Strength:

Good look, good feel, good results. 10 yards longer than any other irons I have ever had. Forgiving, but still able to work the ball. Chicago Popcorn Ceiling Removal

None so far.

[Aug 04, 2015]
PCgolfer
Model Reviewed: Ping G15 regular AWT Steel

Prior to this club the MacGregor m565 irons were my favorite irons. The M565s are a much better looking club with minimal offset.

This year I alternated using both sets. The G15s are in my bag. Here is why.

I simply score lower. I'll honestly admit I that they looked a little ugly in comparison. That went away after three rounds.

There were time I knew I did not hit the shots flush. Each time my reaction was that is not going to be good. Shots I thought were going I the drink actually ended on the front of the green.

Same thing with left and right.! Shots I thought were go way left turned out to be a little left. Same thing on shots to the right.

The only adjustment, was the offset was causing my shots a little left. A little adjustment and the ball is pretty much going where I aim it.

It is honestly difficult to hit a bad shot. It's possible and I manage to pull a couple off per round. Usually this is a result of swinging out of my shoes.

Now, I simply figure out what I need to reach the hole with a full swing. The, take one more club and take a 3/4 shot.

These have to be the most forgiving straightest clubs ever made. I'm 55 and just shot a 78. Sure, I sunk a couple long puts. I'm convinced these clubs accounted for a 5-7 stroke distance. They are that good

Magregog M565, Nickent 3dx Pro, Maxfli A10 Tour Limited

[May 06, 2015]
Phil Stephens
Model Reviewed: G 15 irons

Just traded for G 15's, was playing Titleist AP 2's but could no longer get any distance. I am too old to play forged clubs now anyway. I absolutely loved the Pings, hit them a lot further and got the ball up in the air quickly.

[Apr 11, 2011]
jeff
Model Reviewed: ping g15 irons

I recently purchased a set of these irons and had a chance to play them twice over the weekend. Very easy to hit. In fact, the easiest club I've ever hit. Tend to fly higher than other clubs I've had or demoed. Definitely like them!

no experience

Mizuno mx-25, Taylormade burner

[Mar 13, 2011]
Chris Searles
Model Reviewed: G15

Nicest clubs I have ever hit. They have definitely taken strokes off of my game. I also bought the G15 Driver and 3 and 5 woods. They too have not dissapointed me at all. A+A+A+

No experience with them.

Cobra, Wilson, Taylor made

[Feb 09, 2011]
scudbuster
Model Reviewed: Ping G15

I have been a Ping fan for a long time. Had a set of Ping Eye 2's and wish I still had them. Have played G2 irons for quite a while (probably a 1000 rounds on the G2's) and thought it was time for a new set. I have been playing a long time, 65 years old with a 12 handicap from the member tees.
After a considerable amount of research and hitting clubs I bought the hype and purchased the G15's. Also bought the G15 driver, 3 wood and 5 wood. Had the driver shaft replaced with the UST AXIV Regular shaft and love it. The fairway woods are great.
So that brings me to the irons. I was concerned about comments that I read online about how high the clubs hit the ball. I talked to the salesmen and even called Ping. The Ping rep said that if I liked the G2 I would love the G15. That even though they hit the ball higher, they would be longer and the ball would land softly on the green. When I got them I took them straight to the range and compared them with my G2's. They are definetly easy to hit. But I found club for club they hit the ball higher with only slight improvement in distance. Played about a dozen rounds with them prior to a trip to Kiaweh Island and must say when the wind blew I was in trouble. The higher ball trajectory resulted in a less penetrating shot into the wind with loss of distance and keeping them on line was not easy. I also found them to have a heavier feel than the G2.
I really wanted to like these clubs and played at least 25 rounds with them with multiple trips to the range. I found myself resorting to knockdown shots just to keep the ball down.
So the G15 are not for me. I could only see my HC going up with them. I took them back and they gave me credit for a future purchase. Went back to my G2's and have my old confidence back, would still like to get a new set of clubs since some of the plastic inserts on back of several clubs have fallen out. So after six months I am starting to look again.
Additional comment: the applied sticker on the back of the club looks rather cheap but a lot og the manufacturers are doing that these days. They say it helps dampening but I am skeptical.

As usual Ping service was great. I talked to them on the phone and the store took the back with credit for a future purchase.

Ping Eye 2