Ping i10 Irons

Ping i10 Irons

[Sep 11, 2021]
incremental19

Strength:

The forgiveness of a cavity back and the feel and responsiveness of a blade. With a game improvement club you're aiming at an area, but with the Ping I10's you're trying to drop it on a specific spot. | Shower Remodel San Ramon

Weakness:

none so far

Purchased:
New
[Apr 17, 2011]
stmickobe
Model Reviewed: Ping i10 red dot

best of the best. Played callaway 09 x forged, nike vr forged, titleist 735cm, ping S59, but Ping i10 out performs all those irons. very accurate with distance and about haft to full club longer than my previous irons. I consistently shoot into high 70s now simply becasue I hit more greens with i10. to me, this set provides the best combination of forgiveness and control. I believe this set is perfect for people looking to upgrade from "game improvement" irons to more of 'players' irons.

[Dec 20, 2010]
Tim Wilson
Model Reviewed: Ping i10 irons

I would just like to say I have broke eighty a few times. So I know some about the game. I just bought a set of (In excellent!! Condition!!!) Ping i10 irons. I played them today for the first time and they were super nice and I played them well!!! I am a Ping junkie and have owned and have come very close to playing just about every Ping set produced. Went from a set of oversized King Cobra's to a set of G2 irons and have never looked back. I bought them on ebay and played the G2 set for almost 5 years. They are the best G series I believe yet today Ping has ever built. I am not going to go into great detail, but I will just say the soles have gotten way wide on the newer G series! I owned the G15's, G10's, i3 +, i3 blades, G5's, i5's. I bought a set of Ping i3 blades on ebay and got them very cheap. I was just curious how they would play and I bought them. I only played three rounds with them. Every round got better. I mean I scored very well. They were pin seekers! I sold them because of the distance was a club length shorter than my G2 series, but the G2 series was 1/2" above standard and now I know that's why I was shorter. The Ping i3 blades were standard length. Never even crossed my mind 10 years ago. But now I have my own swingweight scale. Put on grips. I even sell golf gripping tape. I put shafts in drivers & irons. When you start doing all these things you start to understand the game more. What works for one golfer does not mean it's going to work for another. Especially when it comes to your swing. Anyway I'm getting way of the subject. I would give anything to have those i3 blades back & the i10's remind me of them more than any other iron! I do remeber they did have the Z-Z65 shafts in them. But I don't know what the swingwieght was or the weight of the club which is very very important. The weight of a club is so important to me. If they are to light you might start swinging them to fast. If they are to heavy you are probably going to hit them fat. So many people are bragging about the new Ping i15's. I have not tried them. Why?? I am going to keep these i10's because they work! I do believe I got very lucky when I bought my i10's on eBay. I got them when there were just a few seconds left for $215.00. Wow!! (3-PW) Why do I want to pay 3 times that for i15's. Anothe huge reason is the # one player in the world is still using the i10's!! That's got to tell you something! Yes, Lee Westwood uses i10 irons. Anyway if you can get a great deal on these irons right now on ebay. If you like more of a traditional thin toeline with less offset and a cavity back that's very forgiving but looks very close to blade irons, I would recommend these to any golfer!

Best in the world! easy to get a hold of and will help you out immediately!

i3 blades, Ig you like bigger heads I would stay with the G2's or G5's. The soles are not as wide. Every one of them look the same at address! If you could not see the back of them you would never know if you were hitting G15's, G10's, G5's or G2's. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself.

[Aug 26, 2010]
pingsound

I10 review:
I played my 1st ping with the i2+, skipped the zing, and then bought the zing 2 when they came out. I played those for 8 -9 years then bought the i3+ blade because I got tired of stinging hands in the cold – the i3+ had inserts & cushin shafts (& thinking my better game could handle the smaller head). Those were better than the zing 2s; in just the ways I hoped. The only problem was the tendency to pull-hook. Early this year I sold the i3+ blades so that I could play some forged irons. Temptation sent me to some new mizuno mx25s that the store was clearing out. What a mistake! Not only was I losing yardage by a full club but the accuracy was not better (even worse in the long irons- which also ballooned). After playing 3 styles of forged clubs this year by mizuno, Hogan (apex edge pro), Titliest (cb695) I can admit that they feel different. They have a click sound that keeps telling you they are not forged. If I wore ear plugs, I might not be able to tell the difference. So for that reason, who cares?
I found a set of i3+ (not blades) in the same specs as my old clubs on ebay but they were not the same. They had more forgiveness - just like some Titliest 755 & callaway x20 I tried (briefly) but allowed me to be lazy with my swing. They may have even allowed a poor swing to creep in.
I could not get my old clubs back but I read everywhere that the i10 was much like the i3+ blade in size. The cs lite cushin shaft was phased out and the color codes changed. I happened upon the equivalent of my set up though and bought them. They are like my old pals. Same appearance, similar swing weight but for a couple of differences; The AWT shafts seem to play just a wee bit stiffer than the cs lite and the flight is a wee bit lower in the long irons. THIS is an improvement on the old beloved clubs. After a summer of countless other clubs I realized this: the small head is easy to keep on plane & return square and because of this, I think anyway, it results in a clean strike more often (making up for the lack of largeness / forgiveness of so many other clubs I tried). The shaft suits my tempo (the opposite of quick) even better than the cs lite.
One last observation is that they are harder to shape than most mentioned above (and even the i3+ blades). I can live with that too. I looked hard to find a driver that keeps me out of trouble so I care less about working shots.
If you’re being held back on these due to the smaller heads don’t be deterred. Consider my thoughts on this and take-em. Get used to the way they feel. They make you study your swing back to something steady and consistent. And yes, there is forgiveness there but not so much as to make you sloppy. They don’t reward you with a longer straighter ball. They reward you with a better swing that gets you that longer, better ball flight.
Lastly, yes, I really like ping. I was pushed towards forgings by small amounts of snobbery and sniffs about playing pings (over traditional top names in forged clubs) and fell for it. I find other mfrs to have nothing over ping EXCEPT that marketing type. Ping (and their product) is the real deal. The company is more about design & engineering and it becomes apparent after experiencing the trumped up competition. Sound thinking, quality goods made in USA – that’s Ping.

Cant be better!
A ping fitting center is 20 mins. away.

noted above

[Aug 05, 2010]
Wes
Model Reviewed: Ping I10

Played a friends I3+ blade and immediately shaved 5 strokes off my scores. Went to Golfsmith to buy a set and ended up making an impulse buy of the Taylormade Burners instead since I could afford a new set. Hated them. Went back and swapped them for the I10's.

I am a loyal Ping customer for life now. The forgiveness of a cavity back and the feel and responsiveness of a blade. With a game improvement club you're aiming at an area, but with the Ping I10's you're trying to drop it on a specific spot. Best of all, you can generate enough spin to keep it there. Great clubs for anyone with a handicap under 20.

Ping I3+ Blade

[Jul 28, 2010]
Robert Oo
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Ping i10

I recently purchased the Ping i10 irons. These irons have sent my iron game to a new level. I have so much confidence with these in my hands. The workablility is unlike anyother iron i have used. I have used blades in the past, Titleist mb 690, which i hit a bit farther than the i10's but the consistacy of the i10's make them a better iron to play.

Ping is a brand that makes so many good products. Their fitting system makes the customer feel good about the clubs they are matched with

Taylormade Rac OS, Titleist MB 690, and Ping G5.

[Apr 19, 2010]
Eric
Model Reviewed: PING i10

Just bought a set of PING i10's and played today with them. Gained distance and forgiveness over my previous set of irons which were pure blades. Mainly due to the stronger lofts I'm sure. They don't feel as good as a pure blade but the forgiveness factor makes up for it. The AWT stiff shaft works for me which is strange coming from someone who has played Dynamic Gold X-100 and S-300 for years. Shot a 75 today with the PING's and enjoyed the control and ball flight. PING makes a great product and these irons look great in the bag. One of PING's best irons to date in my opinion.

PING customer service is excellent. Callaway is right there too.

Nike Forged Blades, Mizuno MP-33, PING s59, Ben Hogan Apex, PING i3 Blades, Cleveland TA1

[Mar 05, 2010]
Roy W
Model Reviewed: Ping i10

My excellent local golf shop allowed me to try several different Ping models: G5, G10, G15, i10 & i15, with different shaft offerings. The i10, fitted with a Dynamic Gold shaft rather than the AWT standard offering, came out the clear winner. The compact head of the i10 is wonderful - you don't notice the cavity even though there is one to help you. The dynamic gold shaft will launch the ball at a more appropriate lower flight than the high launch AWTs.

My primary problem during the first couple range sessions with the i10 was that I was hitting them too far, or more precisely with too large a gap in between clubs (about 5 more yards gap as compared to my Fusions). After a couple more range sessions, and a couple rounds I was able to correct the my gaps down to 10 yards again.

The only other concerns I had were the grips (easily fixed this by changing to my standard grips) and that the faces get marked up fairly easily (not a problem as it doesn't affect the grooves or play and I plan on playing them a lot, so it would have happened eventually anyway).

I highly recommend this club to anyone looking for a game improvement club with the hopes of improving up to a player's club. I was very close to biting on a set of Mizuno MP-52s, but I simply hit the i10s better, and they are both great looking clubs.

It is well worth the premium to upgrade shafts, and Ping's fitting system and customer service are second to none. Like anyone who has owned and worn a custom-tailored suit, it is worth the extra cash to own a premium set of clubs.

The industry gold stanard.

Callaway Fusions, Mizuno MX-17s, TaylorMade Burners, Ping Eye 2

[Mar 04, 2010]
CrushCat
Model Reviewed: Ping i10 irons

LOL, holehigh1! I too hope Jimmy is ok. I never liked Ping growing up, but all Ping iron designs are awesome since the G2. It's a matter of pref if you like Ping now and I love the i10 heads. Small w/ extra weight in the toe w/ great perimeter weighting for forgiveness. I agree w/ Jimmy though-the AWT shafts are non-responsive hence no fun to hit, so I put DGS300s in them and NOW hitting them and shaping shots either way is a treat. But if you change Ping iron shafts, make sure to get a very good club maker to fill in the hosels properly and all the way to the hosel top.

Ping customer service can't be beat by any company in the USA. They quickly respond to e-mails, plus I live in Minneapolis and had my set 4 days after ordering them from Phoenix.

MP-60, Rac LT, Ping G2

[Jan 01, 2010]
ML
Model Reviewed: Ping I10 Irons

Have played a number of irons, and the I10's are by far the favorite. Had the AWT shafts replaced with Dynamic Gold R300's, which I believe are more responsive. Playing a lot more confident, and hitting more greens. Also love the look of the iron at address. Many of the new irons these days have large faces with thick top lines.

PING Customer Service is the best in the Industry.

Lynx Black Cat's, Tommy Armour 845's, Callaway X18 Pro Series, and Ping G5's.