Ping i3 PLUS Irons

Ping i3 PLUS Irons

[Sep 29, 2016]
John James
Model Reviewed: Ping i3+

First set of clubs long ago were Ping Ks. I've gone through every other manufacturer since and decided to try Pings again. Damn, I'm sorry I waited so long. Easily the best irons ever for me. Not just in distances (which are long) or accuracy (spot on), but they swing so easy. I'm home. Goodbye eBay.

Too many to list here.

[Oct 15, 2013]
Keith Finley
Model Reviewed: Ping I3+ blade

My favourite Ping head ever... just as good as subsequent models. CS-Lite suits my swing well. Good, heavy impact feel. I would highly recommend them to any Ping fans. Can't think of any reason to buy new.

Ping are always very helpful

K1, Eye 2, Eye 2+ (Becu and steel) Zing, Isi BeNi, I3 Blade, S59... demoed a bunch of newer models, then back to these.

[Nov 29, 2011]
Willy
Model Reviewed: Ping i3 plus irons

These are the best cast irons out there....in my opinion of course. Dead solid straight and good distance control. Ive had them for a few years and am not looking to say goodbye to these babies. Stiff shaft, no cushin. Perfect for my game. I would recommend them to anyonw interested in the ping brand.

Great customer service.

Eye2, titleist blades, i3's,

[Jul 02, 2011]
Stefan
Model Reviewed: Ping i3+

Very good set. I purchased a set with regular steel shafts. I played with all kind of sets (Tilteist 775/755, Taylormade RAC and Tour Burners, MIzuno MX 20/23, Wilson CI7/DI& etc) but these Pings are realy the best ever used. Lots of feel combined with forgiveness. I admit that I lost some distance (5-8 yards) but got lots of feel and confidence back. They are easily to fit (Ping has a fantastic fitting program) and after that they played even better! These are lightweighted confidence booster with the look of a players iron! Buy them!

[Jun 29, 2011]
lld2282

Let me preface that I have played many models of PING clubs. I have owned the PING EYE 2, PING Eye 2+, G2, and most recently i10.

Recently, I found a set of i3+ blades with stiff graphite shafts and purchased them. When I went to a practice range I found them way too stiff for my liking (much like a Grafalloy Red flex). I debated on returning the clubs, however, decided against such because I really like the clubhead. I decided I would replace the shaftsas I do my own club work. The clubs sat in a corner of my shop for weeks, and while digging around a used club shop in Houston, I found a set of PING AWT regular flex shafts. I'd had them in the i10s and thought if it doesn't work at least they're PING shafts and I can trade or sell them. These have become the best PINGs I have ever hit....yep, even better than the newer i10s.

The feeling (yes, very subjective) is very positive, distances are spot on, and most of confidence at address is perfect.
The blade head is smaller than the non-blade, but I grew-up hitting blade irons (PowerBilt Citations) and enjoy the smaller design of the i3+ blades.

I can't speak for others...but I really enjoy these new. old clubs.

Very good

PING i10

[Apr 13, 2010]
Rook
Model Reviewed: Ping I3 +

Saw a set of these (2-uw or gap)at our local golf store for $199.00 All matching serial numbers and in excellent condition. Having always wanted to try these when they were new on the market but assumed they would basically be like my I3s I had at that time didn't bother. When the I5s came out I did get a set of those and I really liked them. Anyway to make a long story short, I picked these up acouple of weeks ago and all I can say is these have got to be the best irons Ping has ever made. I hit my buddies I10s and liked my I5s better. I haven't hit the I15s so I can't compare to those but I was currently using the Taylor Made Tour Burners and I can't believe it but these old I3+ irons are better than all of them. I haven't seen any loss in distance even though they are lofted higher than the tour burners. The feel and accuracy is the best of any Ping iron I've ever hit and better than any other brand as far as cast clubs.
If you can find a used set of these on the internet or at a golf shop do yourself a favor and get them you will never go back to anything else. If you can't find a set you can still order these from Ping brand new.
Because of the finish on these they look the same years later as they did new. No other irons hold there value and looks the way Pings do, and I mean all Pings.
I'm so happy with these irons I just wished I'd tried them long ago,I could have saved myself alot of money going from irons to irons over the years. I've finally found the perfect set for me anyway! Everyones swing is different so what works for me might not work for you as is the case with me and my buddy. Between the both of us we've had about everything you can buy and we never like the same clubs.
Give these a try you won't be disappointed

Never had to use but here they are great.

I've tried pretty much everything except some of the new stuff that just came out and similar yes they are iron sets but equal to, nothing in 10 years of playing golf really compares to the I3 +

[Jun 18, 2009]
Jack Francis
Model Reviewed: ping I3+ irons

i have played golf for about 55 years and have always had a warm feeling for Ping golf clubs. i must say that these clubs are by far the best that i have ever owned. they have distance built into them and they are accurate.

ping eye2,ping zing,taylor made super steel, power built, H & B , callaway X18, and spalding.

[Jun 18, 2009]
Marco
Model Reviewed: Ping I3+

Bought my I3+ clubs in 2003; 1 inch longer and white dot. Never had such performing clubs,its really a joy to hit the ball every time. Yes there are longer clubs now, including Ping Raptures besides othr brands, but these are totally in control in my game and miss hits are really really on the players side.
Its been 5 -6 years now since i bought them and have been at golfs smith buying new putters, Drivers and even 56 and 60 degrees wedges . but form 4 to S i will stick to my I3 for some more time.

Ping rocks at customer service and they have really played it well with their distributors who understand well teh brand and know every little bit about he ping products, SOmething that gives a lot of confidence to a end user whle buying a new set of clubs.

Ping eye2, ping zing, Taylor made , callaway x22

[May 20, 2009]
ap229
Model Reviewed: i3+

I bought these clubs about three weeks ago and like them very much. Have played four rounds with them and playing the best I have ever played.
Maybe some of it is in my head because I feel I have the best money can buy. I have been playing almost two years and am on my fourth set of irons. I think these will be my last. Played 85 today and missed a lot of makeable puts. Would recomend these irons to anyone. I'm not good enough to work the ball but these will hit where you aim and thats all I want.

Wilson Tour RX, Callaway GBB, Taylor Made Supersteel, Pro FX (looks like eye2 clone)

[Dec 11, 2008]
Dan Reuter
Model Reviewed: Ping i3+ Irons

I have been playing golf for more than 50 years. From age 8 to 25 I bought bargain basement irons from golf catalogs. Not very good, but functional. I bought my first good set of irons, Hogan Apex blades, (a whole month's salary), when I was 25. Fifteen years later I bought a set of Hogan Edges. I bought Ping i3+ irons three years ago, and played them periodically until this year because the Hogan Edges were so good. The i3+ irons have grown on me and have proven to be a forgiving iron with a solid feel. I now play the i3+ irons in the spring, summer and fall, but the Hogans come out over the winter. The i3+ irons are sold clubs that I would recommend to anyone, regardless of the level of play.

Hogan Edge