Ping Rapture Irons

Rapture

The wide-soled, perimeter weighted
Rapture Iron relies on strategic use of titanium, steel and tungsten to create a high-performance, multi-material iron. Careful analysis and application of each material yields forgiveness and trajectory improvements while creating a face and cavity design that produces a solid, pleasing feel and sound.

mike seal   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 28, 2013]
Model Reviewed: ping rapture

I play golf like a Nancy pants. But these irons really help. If the beer is to hot I suck.....which is most of the time but I always have a reason to blame something else. I plan to play on the Geritol tour.

great

Similar Products Used: Wilson goose neck
Christian V.   Shoots in the 90s [Oct 03, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Ping Rapture

I use this set as backup for my Zing 2s. Softer feel with higher launch, slightly less distance. Even off-center hits go straight, though perhaps slightly off-target.
If you've played any of the Zing Eye/Eye2s, Zing or Zing 2 lines, you may not like the traditional look at address, especially with longer clubs.
This is not a fault of the Raptures, rather, I grew up with and prefer the chunky look of the Zings.

The 7-SW are excellent.

Very responsive to any inquiries, they usually get back to you within a day.

Similar Products Used: Titleist forged, Ram irons, Nike Ignite
iseaders   Shoots in the 70s [Feb 06, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Rapture Irons SW-3i

Have played these for one season and love them. Although a game improvement iron, they dont look like a shovel and are surprisingly easy to fade and draw (certainly disagree with previous reviewers on this issue). Very easy to hit with good distance control. The Titanium face should last forever. My wife should probably never let me buy a new set.

Never needed it but hear good things

Similar Products Used: Ping ISI, Callaway, Mizuno
diarmo123   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 27, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Ping Rapture 4-SW

Excellent clubs, long and straight. Hard to work draws and fades but it doesnt matter to me too much. Improved my game hugely. Highly Recommended!

robertponsonby   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 12, 2010]
Model Reviewed: rapture ping

j ust had the pleasure of using the rapture not quite sure yet. mi self g10 driver is more forgiving. Playing off 25 not the best handy cap but i can hit a ball well with the driver. The rapture is probably the best driver i have hit but no room for errors although been left handed using the the g 10 i had a bad slice the rapture for some reason has seemed to have cured all that.All i can say is if you are thinking of getting one persevere with it its a good driver.

Cheerios Kid   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 31, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Ping Rapture Irons

I'm in my late 50's and my iron play has steadily deteriorated over the last five years. The shanks arrived and departed on a continuing basis. I dealt with this by going to a complete hybrid set configuration. In addition to the attendant humiliation, I was having no fun. I then compromised, employing F2 (face forward) irons, 6,7,8,9,P, 52, and 56. The remaining irons were hybrids.
This was slightly less humiliating and only a little more enjoyable.

Two weeks ago I purchased a used set of Ping Raptures, 4 thru U, and my game has been reborn. The entire set has worked its way into my bag (Sun Mountain C-130), with only 17 and 20 degree Mactec NVG2 hybrids remaining. In fact, I just added the Rapture S wedge. No hint of the shanks. I went out today and walked 9 with a push cart and shot a legit 37 (white tees).

If your requirements include predictable contact, shot shape, and distance these are for you. They are the kings of the super game improvement categaory.

NA

Similar Products Used: TaylorMade RAC OS(2005), Callaway X-20
dmsaville   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 03, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Ping Rapture

I bought these new and had them fitted to me with the intention that these would be the last set that I ever own. They are great clubs for sure.
I always had trouble setting them up though and that was something that I never got used to. Also, I developed a draw that I attribute to the off-set.
Over the last 2 seasons my iron game slowly eroded to the point where I couldn't hit a green and I attribute that to these Irons, their set-up and the lack of feedback encouraging poor swing mechanics.
After selling them, I bought some blades and immediately got my old game back.
Definitely for the game-improvement player, but I wouldn't recommend them for good golfers.

Awesome

Heineken Pete   Shoots in the 90s [May 29, 2009]
Model Reviewed: 2008 Ping Rapture Irons

I just came in from hitting balls in the back yard long enough to RAVE about my Ping Rapture irons! After inheriting many sets of clubs from my Dad over the years, I finally decided to get my own set of Top-of-the-Line clubs. I've always liked Ping's but like most, I never could afford them. Now with eBay, I was able to get last year's top-of-the line Rapture's (like NEW) w/ graphite shafts at about 1/2 price of new. I couldn't be happier!! They came upgraded with Golf Pride DD2 Black & Yellow grips, ( which really feel good!). I'm 52 years old, in athletic shape, and I doubt I've hit 50 buckets of balls in all my years. (Less than one per year..). So it's no surprise that I really lacked consistency-I could never deliver the club head to the ball on a regular basis. But now with my new Raptures, it's like I just-can't-miss!! With just a little work on my swing and a little time hitting balls into my net, I've hit more satisfying shots in the past week than I have in my whole life!
Even choking-down with an easy 3/4 swing, it sounds like I'm setting off M-80 firecrackers in my back yard when they hit the back-stop! The only thing I might not be satisfied with is that the Pitching & sand wedge's seem to have so much flange bounce, that it's tough to open the club face and slide the club under without skulling it. I'll be trying out Ping's iWedge and Titleist Volkey wedge's soon to see if that helps.
Otherwise, I couldn't be happier. I'm hitting them a ton!!

steve   Shoots in the 80s [May 05, 2009]
Model Reviewed: ping rapture

Just bought the last set of Raptures at golfers warehouse. These clubs are awesome. They hit the ball extremely high and just as long as any other club i've ever hit. They are very straight with not alot of workability. But if your after workability, you shouldn't be looking at these sticks. I would highly recommend these clubs to mid-high handicappers. Great clubs, great construction but then again what would you expect from Ping. Best part is its made in America.

Love_Sushi   Shoots in the 80s [Mar 17, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Rapture

I was playing at least once a week before.
However, I've been so busy now, and I play only 1 or 2 times a month. So, I decided to change my irons to "Super Game Improvement" model.
Sold i10, bought rapture.
My my my!
So sweet! I cannot shape the ball flight much, but go straight!
Playing golf will be more fan!
Rapture is the best irons I ever own.

PING has the best customer service.
They email me back in 24 hours always. Repair department responds so quick and nice, too.