TaylorMade 320 Irons

TaylorMade 320 Irons

From TaylorMade: "The 320 Iron comes with a moderate topline and slight offset - carrying a traditional, yet confident look at address. Each club is optimized for its intended shot: the long irons have a lower center of gravity and negative bounce to help create lift, while the short irons have a higher center of gravity and positive bounce to reduce drag and prevent shots from floating or ballooning."

[Sep 07, 2013]
spike
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 320

Recently bought a full set of 320 irons for £34 and so glad i did. only played 2 rounds with them so far but already knocked 5 shots off my average. Very easy to hit and very accurate. These have given me loads of confidence whether I'm 200yds or 50yds out, the long irons are amazing from the fairway and the short irons generate a fair bit of spin.
so far i can't fault these irons and ill be using these for years to come

Not used

Burner, Wilson 1200, big bertha

[May 08, 2013]
BobbyB
Model Reviewed: 320 irons

Hey all, this was the site that inspired my purchase of a second hand set of 320's off ebay so wanted to update the reviews by adding one myself. A high handicapper normally due to abismal short game but not a bad driver/iron/pitch hitter, just the chips and putts that get me. Been playing with a set of Burner 1.0s which are very decent game improvement irons in my opinion but bought this set of 320s just for giggles really and am glad I did. Took me a good few holes to strengthen my grip as less offset compared to Burners, once that was fixed I stopped firing them out right and began smashing them straight, even tried drawing a few with good effect. Burners have massive heads, deep cavities, substantial offset to help close face and thin top line, especially noticeable when you get as low as the 5/4 irons, all to aid the less confident and less consistent newbie. These 320's where tiny in comparison when it came to the long irons but I still felt massively confident, in fact more so than with the Burners, just because of how decent they are as clubs. Normally I reach for the 6 or if I need distance a hybrid but with these I was wanting to hit the 5s and 4s, must have reached for the 5 more times in one round than ever before. For a cheap second hand set they are brilliant, would love to give the more offset 360s a wack at some point. If you want good clubs that can most likely out perform modern £500 iron sets then these are a good bet, anyone from 24-10 would probably think then decent, or RAC OS as they are good also. Cant wait to get another round in with them.

N/a

Burner Plus, Burner 1.0, Wilson Deep Red

[May 06, 2011]
NickStick
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 320 irons

Found these 3-PW irons thru local golf website. Paid only 75€ (107$). After first test session on range they went straight to my bag. Shoots easily straight but you can work the flightpaht when needed . Even 3 iron was feeling so good that 21 degree hybrid is out of the bag.

Wilson Staff RM Midsize

[Apr 11, 2011]
Spenser Washburn
Model Reviewed: TaylorMade T320 Irons

These irons are the exact same as rac irons but cheaper. I received them free from a member from my club that bought new irons. He hadn't used them at all. After playing with them, i never want to change them. I traded with a scratch golf friend that had some mizuno blades. He said that he like my irons more! They gave the same distance as his blades and the same spin. You'll never regret getting these irons.

[Feb 28, 2011]
joelsgotmudd
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 320s

I was worried when I first got these clubs on Craigslist. The guy who sold them to me said that they were in great condition and he only wanted $150 bucks!!! Man was he right. These are my first set of clubs and I am so happy I bought them. They give me alot of confidence from whereever I am on the course. Very forgiving and responsive for not being a cavityback style club. Miss- hits are rare with the mid to short clubs.I've only been playing for three months and these have been a perfect beginner set so far.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

[May 23, 2010]
stefan
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made 320 Irons

Very good set of irons. I like the way they set up, not much offset, and i like the rifle shaft. These clubs have a lot of feel and have also lots of forgiveness. Distance is ok, not extreme, but absolute reliable. Notice that these irons have more classic lofts so they are not juiced up! I recommend these irons for every player between 24 and 8 handicap. Try them if you can find them!

[Sep 01, 2009]
donutley
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 320 Irons

I bought a set of these irons thinking that they would hold me over until I could afford a newer set--a set that I really wanted. My plans have changed simply because the 320s are great clubs that I have no need of replacing. They are solid, responsive, confidence-inspiring irons that have a great combination of feel and forgiveness.

Ben Hogan Edge, Taylormade Big Bertha

[Jul 10, 2009]
mhillsing23
Model Reviewed: TM 320

I picked up these irons just this month (07/2009) on eBay for $90. I have hit them a few times, and I must say that I am very satisfied with them, especially considering the price. The have R flex rifle shafts, and Winn cord grips. Ball contact is as smooth as butter with decent contact, and mis hits are forgiving. The launch off of these irons is so good that I find my swing much more relaxed, and therefore more accurate. It is so easy to let these clubs do the work!

[Feb 17, 2009]
tec ton
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made 320 Irons - Rifle S90 shafts

Sweet clubs. They provide great feedback feeling almost like forged ones. If you are getting older (like me) try the R80 shafts, which are - in theory - regular, but they feel more like a stiff shaft from other manufacturers.

[Jul 22, 2008]
Chris M
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made 320 with s90 steel shafts

I was using Ping i3 blades before I switched to the 320s. I was looking for a more consistent and predictable trajectory, and I think this clubs perform well in that regard. The heavier swingweight (D2.5 compared to D0) allows for a more controlled swing. Also the Rifle s-90 shaft seems to be more stable than the previous JZ-stiff shaft from the Pings (and also a tad stiffer).

The combination of a heavier swingweight and stiffer shaft has come to a somewhat expectable side effect: I have lost some yards (I checked the lofts of both clubs, and are roughly the same). I used to hit my i3 6 iron to 175 yards and now I hit the 320 to 160-165. But I know I will get used to it, because I prefer to be a tad short to the pin than in the side bunker.

Ping i3 blade
Hogan Apex Edge Pro - Great clubs.
Mizuno MP-30, MP-60 - Razor sharp, but not as easy to hit.
Titleist 704cb - good clubs too.