Titleist 681 Set Irons

Titleist 681 Set Irons

Titleist Limited Edition Forged 681 irons are targeted to satisfy those serious players loyal to the traditional looks and feel of a forged blade. The 681's feature a classic muscle back design, minimum constant offset, and an improved profile. They were used to win eight PGA Tour events in 2000, including three major championships. Compared to Titleist forgings of the past, the 681 is slightly higher in the heel and features a fuller toe. The short irons have been improved by deepening the heel and slightly reducing the toe, providing a square appearance. The stock Dynamic Gold shaft features the proprietary Titleist Nuetralizer, an oil tempered hickory wood dowel for enhanced feel and hosel strength.

[Apr 22, 2016]
Charles McNeely
Model Reviewed: titleist 681

Rare clubs with almost no offset, love them. Very consistent soft feel, one of the best sets ever produced.

[Nov 12, 2011]
Andy D
Model Reviewed: 681

Quite simply the best iron i have have ever hit,sweet as candy.If you are thinking of using a blade don't go past these babies.

[Nov 06, 2009]
Samuel Stasko
Model Reviewed: Titleist T (681)

I just started playing these this fall, and I don't think I will ever let them go. Just a sweet feel, zero offset, and fantastic D3 swing weight. So I've read that there were only 2500 of these forged, and they are to to specs that Tiger used with Titleist. Not that I care about what tiger used, but these irons create confidence. Like everyone else says, shotmaking is easy due to trajectory control and great spin on the greens. I would enjoy the chance to compare the 681 and my 681 "T". I have read all over the place that nearly all Titleist lovers think the 681 line is the all time best.

Never used

Titleist 670, 690MB, Tour Model(91-97)

[Jul 31, 2009]
cdt1715
Model Reviewed: titliest 681 blades

I started playing golf 3 years ago when i was eleven. I started with u.s kids then nickent then burners, none of them come close to matching the feel of the blades i love them so much my handicap is a 3.8 and every week it drops a stroke these are so easy to work. buy these clubs of a simaler model

[Jan 22, 2009]
twin2
Model Reviewed: titleist 681

AMERICAN MADE AND DESIGNED.THESE ARE THE BEST FORGED BLADES PERIOD.NO OFFSET AND IT IS LIKE CHEATING.AIM AND PULL THE TRIGGER.PLOP AND A LITTLE DANCE RIGHT BY THE FLAG.WIND-CUTS-DRAWS-LOW-HIGH.A SHOT MAKERS DREAM.TITLEIST NEEDS TO REOPEN HOFFMAN AND TAKE THE LEAD AGAIN.AMERICAN QAULITY LIKE THE OLD DAYS.

EXCELLENT

EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET

[Sep 18, 2008]
craig3383
Model Reviewed: 681

wow..i played a set of mizuno mp14s about 3 years and they were great...sold them was going to just try to find something to keep my intrest found a pre owned set of 681s at a local golf shop...awesome they are great a player can work the ball high low left right its amazing...im currently looking for the 2 iron to the set but unlucky so far...great club...i would recomend them for lower handicap golfers....

havent had to use the customer service..but if i did i would think they would be helpfull.

mizuno mp14, 962b, 1988 apex,

[Jul 30, 2008]
MOGOLFER
Model Reviewed: Titleist 981

Very good clubs..Played for the first time with them and love them. They are not as hard to hit as some will say, but not easy either. If you strike the ball well you can play with these clubs.

[Jul 06, 2008]
john kirkland
Model Reviewed: titleist 681

F'n Awesome. Low launch which is good for low handicap golfers and if you mis-hit one, they don't scream at you for making a mistake. Definitely not for high handicap golfers though. I can see how they could take the fun out of the game for some. I know this because I played the worst round of golf I've played (having one of those days) and second guessed my decision to buy them. Fortunately, a day on the range solved my problems.

[Apr 26, 2008]
FrankieGoesLow
Model Reviewed: Titleist 681 Forged

I bought these 681's from Ebay and I love the way they look, feel and set up...BUT when I first tried them at the range, I could not get a ball in the middle of the face! Hosel rockets, toed shots, the whole - kept practicing with them but used my DCI 962's on the course - took about 3 months but my ball striking has improved unbelievably!! I have more shots in the bag them before - with these clubs I can hit a high fade, high draw, low runners, high lobbers, all of it - I recently took them out to the course for the first time and shot an 84 at a course with a 143 slope - I have truly improved with these clubs which was the whole point of getting them - my swing is pure and I can work the ball which I never was able to before - right pin placement? high fade - left pin placement? draw it in - when the situation calls for a certain shot, I can shape it and I will continue to get better as I improve at working the ball and getting it to hit and release towards the hole on my approach shots - glad I bought them but they will take some getting used to - if you are truly committed to improving your swing and actually getting better, buy 'em and grove your swing - good luck

Titleist DCI 962

[Aug 25, 2007]
Somatics
Model Reviewed: Titleist 681 irons

I swear to Jayyyyyyzus!

These are the sweetest irons that I have ever been blessed to play. Sweet as melted butter.

Pinseekers indeed.

Now if Tiger could give me some putting lessons and teach me to roll the rock and sink those 30 footers under pressure then I'd be set! (mental kung fu goes a long way)

I suffered a shoulder injury and had resorted to shovels while I recovered, playing with graphite for over 16 months.

I can appreciate that shovels help out a great many golfers and are true blessings for player's seeking forgiveness (isn't that what a priest is for???) however, I had totally lost my swing playing Ping's.

A quality product but the offset and size of them did not work for me.

So...

I was in Golftown and one of the guys who knows me said; "I got something you really need to see and I bet you'll walk away with them". Showed me a used set of 681's with almost no wear to them.

Bought them that day, By the 3rd hit they were grooved and what a look at address. Eyeeeeeeee chihuahua!!!!

My swing was back, I was no longer getting dizzy standing over the ball looking at that much offset.

Noteworthy of mention is that Titleist put oil soaked dowels in these irons down at the hosel (vibration etc...)

These irons are the best blades that I have ever played... period.

What else can you say. Great penetrating ball flight, great distance ( no loss in comparison to any other club that I have tried), maybe 5 yards further for me.

8 iron carries 153 constant.

A great set of irons.

Keeping in mind that they are forged, I would highly encourage you to wet clean them after every hit. They are very soft and if you do not want the faces to look like land mine hit 'em, wet your towel before going out and keep them pristine.

Acushnet as always sucks the big one but it's hard to beat Titleist for quality.

Mizuno MP 33 (launch angle was a little high), MP30 (great club for a 10 and under), Cleveland TA2 & TA3 (great quality/great value)

Ping I3 blade (not my kind of club, but a quality product)