Titleist 690 CB Irons

690 CB

Targeting those serious players loyal to the look and feel of forged construction, but seeking more playability than a muscle-back, Titleist introduces the Forged 690CB irons in limited quantities.

Sarge420   [Nov 23, 2017]
Pros: I inherited my 690CBs from my HS (‘76) golfcoach. We continued our friendship until his passing in 2014. Don had AJ Tech iron shafts installed since working with Alan Jackson since 1991. I have AJ Tech Z42 in all my stixs. I love the 690s, and will upgrade one day. -Brian 3.6
Cons: -
Price: 0   New/Used: Used   Year Purchased: 2014
Brian Wampler   Scratch Golfer [Dec 14, 2016]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690CB forged irons

I've been playing these flawless irons for years. I'm able to hit the ball (Pro V1(x)), high, low, left & right with feel and control. I played blades since '82, and these stixs react and feel like them. I can spin the ball, or control the amount required for shots. Any Titleist irons you select, make sure they're fitted. This allows you to maneuver the shot properly.

Brian W.
MSgt, Ret, USAF

Similar Products Used: Vokey SM wedges 54/14 60/4
Scotty Cameron 1997 Laguna oil finish
Eric   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 20, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690CB

Nice clubs great responding irons! When I compress the the ball, distance with accuracy. The ball flight is mid- high trajectory. On windy days I like to play 3/4 punch and stinger shots and all I can say is wow cuts right through the wind. Would recommend for mid handicap and below. These are going no where.

Justin   Shoots in the 90s [Dec 17, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Titleist CB 690

I moved to these Titleist irons from some Nike Slingshot game improvement irons, and I don't regret it one bit. I had to get used to them, which took about 2 rounds, but now that I'm adjusted, I'm striking the ball much more solidly and improving my distance. From a intangible perspective, the irons have given me more confidence that if I hit the sweet spot, the ball will do what I want. I recommend these for anyone who is looking to move from game improvement irons to players irons. I recently shot in the 80s for the first time with these and I'm looking forward to lowering my scores even more.

Bought used.

Meta   Shoots in the 70s [Dec 11, 2012]
Model Reviewed: 690CB

...played with this set for 8 years, tried to replace them many times, nothing better found. Solid, sweet, enough forgiveness, good looking, right trajectory and distance. Is there any other set that has progressive offset (more on longer, less on shorter), progressive bounce (less on longer, more on shorter) like 690CB?

It is old, very old new. So, please suggest me what brand and model should I look for.

Never had one.

Similar Products Used: Many of them, I own a pro shop.
Rob   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 25, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Titlest 690 CB

Ok to start with I love these clubs and have switched to these from a set of Titleist Tour model blades so can directly compare the two. These feel smooth and easy to hit with good shots going a mile and not a great deal of distance lost over bad shots. For those that say that hitting these feel like bricks? well I should do and get a real set as opposed to hitting the cheap copies you are obviously hitting. great clubs love em!

Matthew Ladd   Shoots in the 80s [Mar 30, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690 CB irons

The titleist 690 cb irons are a great sign of irons. I love them and If I were you I would never hesitate to buy these if u ever get the chance to ever buy them, do it. All the other irons that I have played are alot harder to control compared to these irons! 690's are great for control and they also work well around the greens.

Similar Products Used: Cobra cavity back, maxfli blades,
thelinksdragon   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 14, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690.cb

These are the finest forged cavity back irons I have ever played. They are forgiving if you are anywhere close to the center,not saying the whole face is sweet spot, but they are surprisingly forgiving. Simply open or close the face and they will fade or draw easily.

Short irons are awesome for chipping and pitching. "Butter Soft"

Bought them for 179.00 used in 8/10 condition on ****.

Save yourself hundreds of dollars and find these used - you will not regret it.

Similar Products Used: Hogan Apex (Blades, Apex Plus, Edge Pro)
matt   Shoots in the 70s [Feb 23, 2011]
Model Reviewed: titleist 690.cb

Ive played several sets of irons over the last 15 years dci's. 845s, i3 blades, mp 14s and i can honestly say that the 690 cb's are as good or better than any i have held in my hand. These irons have every thing i look for in a iron minimum offset, thin topline, clean look at address, easy to hit off of any lie, consistant lenght, mid trajectory ball flight, great feel and they wear well. oh yea and they say Titleist on them. What more could you ask for. I keep trying new titleist irons but cant seem to find anything to rival my 690's.

never needed