Titleist 690 MB Set Irons

Titleist 690 MB Set Irons

Targeting those serious players loyal to the look and feel of a forged blade, Titleist introduces the Forged 690MB irons available in limited quantities.

[Mar 16, 2018]
LongOfftheTee

Strength:

As an experienced golfer I want a soft feel while also maintaining that feedback that lets me know where my ball is striking the club face. I can shape and maintain an intended trajectory much easier than my previous set which were Mizuno cavity-backs. The weight of the head isbt too heavy, but fixes me anther 7-10 yards over my previous set.

Weakness:

This is not a set for a novice golfer, must definitely an advanced user set of irons. These will feel great on the sweet spot and like rocks when you miss. Being forged metal, they are easier to ding and scratch.

Price Paid:
[May 22, 2013]
Atlas Mason
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690 MB

Excellent irons. Very solid feel and consistent throughout the set. Very little offset, but blade length gives great confidence. Looks perfect behind the ball. Slightly higher trajectory than MP-37, and slightly less forgiving due to the narrower sole and less bounce, camber and roll. VERY precise and accurate, however, and they are my usual playing set 60/40 over Mizuno MP-37.

Not necessary

MP 37, Daiwa DG-201.

[Apr 12, 2013]
chris cut
Model Reviewed: Titleist Forged 690.MB

I put in an obscenely low bid on these clubs on ebay three days before my wedding day. Being left handed means the bidding competition is lght...being left handed and bidding on a "player's" club makes the number of competitive bidders even lighter. I won the bid and received the set (2 - pw) on my wedding day; which was great because we honeymooned at Kingsmill. I had been playing with Titleist 990s for quite a few years and love those irons. I shot my lowest score of 65 at Tobacco Road in Sanford, NC with the 990s. After a few hours on the range with the 690s I couldn't get over how responsive these clubs are. I found them to be longer on center hits then my 990s, but shorter on off center hits, as you can imagine with blades. The 690s have true temper dynamic gold s300 step shafts as opposed to the Precision FCM 6.0 rifle shafts that I have in my 990s. I found it to be very easy to replicate the slight draw that I had developed with my 990s and also found it easier to hit a baby fade. When you pinch the short irons on the 690s you get a definitive solid response in feel and sound, and then in sight when you see the ball spin and stick, or spin and release, or spin and come back. Spin has never been an issue with me. My buddies say that I could spin a Pinnacle (very hard ball), so I play the pro v 1x which works great with these irons. I have better control of the spin. I played all three courses at Kingsmill that weekend (the river, the plantation, and the woods). I shot 71 (river), 68 (plantation), and 68 (woods). I share those scores not to brag on my ability (players like me are a dime a dozen), I share those scores to express how thrilled I am with these 690s. I have been very pleased with the results of a $225 purchase. These clubs have more than paid for themselves in friendly wagers and side bets during the many rounds that I've played with them. Great clubs...couldn't be happier.

didn't need any

titleist 990s, mizuno mp-14tms

[Jun 23, 2011]
Karl
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690 MB

I have been away from the game for a while, and have just returned. I had been using a set of Ping Zing 2, and for years have hated the look. I don't have problems hitting decent iron shots, so decided to go for a blade. The 690's are available pretty cheaply so not too expensive if it turns out not to suit. I shouldn't have worried, they are a great iron. I have invested some time at the range to dial them in, and love the feel of a sweet strike. They have a great clean line from above, and are very easy to line up. Off centre shots are punished, as with any blade. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these clubs to anyone with a decent swing. I am not fully happy with the sound at ball strike. The sound of the strike isn't the best, I prefer a deeper thwak, rather than the click of the Titlesit, nut that is the only downside.

evil bay purhase

[Feb 05, 2011]
JoeCal
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690 mb

Just purchased these clubs used at a great price, and after using them I would have paid more then I did. I switched from cavity back to the blades which I'm sure a lot of you are considering. At first they take a few hours on the range to get dialed in, but once you do it's almost a guarantee you'll gain distance and accuracy. However, if you're just starting out or have not broke 90 yet hold off till you become a bit more consistent. The key with these clubs is do have good form and swing fluidly and the club will do the rest. A definite buy if you're wanting to try blades or switch to another.

845 SilverScot

[Sep 28, 2010]
famousdavis
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: 690 MB

Stay tuned gents because as we speek these clubs are on the way. I was down on a jag from Houston and slipped into an Edwinwatts. Talked the guy from $275 used to just $125. Near mint condition. It's what I do. Anyway, once I embark on this journey with these irons I'll let you know how they play. You can be assured that a perfect swing will be used to test them out. After which you can erase the rest of the reviews and use mine as the golf standard. Lest you are unaware of my greatness, I am the greatest ball striker of all time. I'm out.

I expect the best and always get it.

An old chum from the docks used to tell me never to compare.

[Sep 14, 2009]
GGGC
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690mb

These are the best clubs I have ever laid my hands on. I can easily shape the ball with them. The size of the head is perfect. I find these irons better than some of the newer clubs on the market. They take nice long divots. Recommend for single digit players like my self.

[May 02, 2009]
Bob
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690 MB

These are the best clubs i have ever touched. There is nothing bad about them. The head is a nice size and the sole cuts through the ground smoothly.

[Dec 04, 2008]
bennjamin
Model Reviewed: titleist 690mb

I bought the 690mb's off the net new for a great price(less than nds's) after two of my nike nds heads came loose. I think there great clubs and have improved my game giving me the same distace with less effort . They take a while to get use to blades but once you do your handy cap will thank you for it. If i ever buy another set of clubs it will be blades.I find the head a little smaller but sweet spot seems the same.

na

[Oct 10, 2008]
tj
Model Reviewed: 690 mb

great clubs easy to hit added 10 yards to all my irons easier to hit the long irons got them for 175 dollars and have sst pure rifle shafts on them