Titleist AP2 Irons

Titleist AP2 Irons

Titleist AP2 712 3-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts Dedicated to providing serious golfers with the highest performing equipment in golf, Titleist introduces the next generation of its groundbreaking Advanced Performance irons. The new Titleist AP2 Iron stays true to the design mission of Advanced Performance with Feel. It is a multi-material, dual cavity iron that provides modern ball flight and forgiveness with the traditional look, feel, and sound that serious golfers have come to expect from a

[Dec 05, 2010]
Anthony Stelmaschuk
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP2

I have been golfing since I was 11 (sadly 52 years ago) and was fitted for a set of AP2's with Dynamic Gold 300 shafts 6 weeks ago for AUS$1160 at Drummond golf. The irons are, without a doubt, the best irons I have ever played. Shots come off the club with plenty of length, nice high trajectory, and a soft feel. I use a Pro V1X ball and shots to the green stop with plenty of back spin. The AP2's have a softer sound when striking the ball than my previous irons. This was a bit unsettling at first but it adds to the nice "touch" feel of the clubs. The irons have a consistent gap of 8 metres between clubs: 8 iron good for 140 m, 7 iron good for about 148 m, 6 for 156 m, 5 for 164m, etc.
The Ap2's not only play well, but look great from all angles!

Drummond Golf was very helpful in fitting the irons. They took several measurements and I ended up with 3/4 in longer shafts and slightly thicker grips.

Tommy Armour, Callaway, Mizuno

[Nov 11, 2010]
Bece2117
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP2

I was nervous about buying the Titleist AP2 irons since I am a once a week golfer who shoots in the low 80's. I dont know why I waited so long....there were my cure for the pulls left. They are nice and heavy and have helped me slow my hands down, what was once a 10 yard draw is now a 10 foot draw! They are more forgiving than other "player's" irons that I have tried (Adams CB1, Mizuno MP-52, Callaway X Forged). If you're like me and you werent sure if you could hit these because you see guys on Tour hitting them just go for it, you wont be sorry!

[Sep 19, 2010]
richard cummins

Just bought a set of AP2 irons to go with my Titleist woods.I was a little unsure if these clubs are to good for me.After playing with them a few times I have to say they are fantastic and invite you to take the shot on.I play of 15 and the feedback from them is superb.Strongly recommend these irons as I tried loads before purchasing and none came close.

[Sep 13, 2010]
BWatts1
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP2 Forged Irons 4-pw

I have recently purchased these irons and have been using them for 4-6 weeks. I can honestly say that I have never played a better iron in 35 years of playing golf as a single figure handicap. They are so soft and just fly straight as an arrow effortlessly. I have rifle 6.0 shafts and the shots feel like butter. I am presently 53 years of age playing off a 4 handicap and my new goal is to get down to scratch. I have never felt so confident in my life as a golfer and I believe these iron will help me to score better by hitting it closer to the flags. These irons are absolutely sensational and I wholeheartedly reccommend them to anyone playing off 10 and better who wants to make a significant difference to their shotmaking.

[Aug 25, 2010]
BL
Model Reviewed: AP2 710

I have been playing my new AP2 710's for about a month. I am a 7 handicapp, I play and practice about 1x per week.
I previously was playing the Mizuno MP32's, but ultimately found them a little too unforgiving for me.
I love my AP's. They seem to have the right player's club characteristics, with the forgiveness that I need. I have a lot of confidence with these. I highly recommend them for anyone with a decent game..., I'd say 10 handicapp and below. Above a 10, look for a little more forgiving club.

Great. 8 days to get my fitted sticks delivered.

ping eye 2, mp 57, mp 32

[Aug 09, 2010]
Curt Wintrode
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP2

Just picked these up and played 18 holes today with them for the first time. Another person reviewing these said it best. I always ready and hear that Titleist Clubs are for the Low handicap pr scratch golfers. This is not true. I played Ping ISI clubs for 5 years and alrwady in just one game how much of a better feeling club this is. Nothin g against Ping, they are great clubs, but the solid feel of the AP2 is great. I hit further on average than I ever have and feel that I had good control. They play different than the Pings but these clubs remind me of the clubs I played with when I was a kid (35 years ago). I think most of us over the age of 30 grew up playing with a blade type club or clubs similar to these. Forged steel. I recommend thes to any player. I got a good deal. I bought these as a demo set, that were hit off of a turf mat at a range 1 time. $699. Well worth the money.

[Aug 03, 2010]
brian berschbach
Model Reviewed: titleist ap2

great looking, and feeling irons, but i lost almost a club length, when i swithed to the ap2s from my mizuno mp30s, but gained accuracy, i will give up some yrds, to be more accurate anyday..actually my first round with my ap2s, i shot a 74, with 3 penalty strokes..very happy with my clubs, but not getting rid of my mp30s just yet..

mizuno mp30

[Jul 26, 2010]
Johnny Bocci
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP2

Let me start off saying that I am a skilled player and ball striker, and consistently shoot in the mid 70's. With that being said, these are by far the best irons that I have ever hit. Looking down over the ball they look like a classic blade, however, they are far more technologically advanced than any muscle back. These irons blend workability and the slightest bit of forgiveness needed for a perfect "players" irons flawlessly. I find it very easy to vary the trajectory and to work draws and fades.
In order to reap the benefits of these clubs, you must be a solid ball striker at the bare minimum. If you are a good ball striker then by all means and try these sticks out. I recommend getting fitted, preferably by an "Advanced Titleist Fitter", which is the route that I took and have not looked back. Overall these are the best clubs I have ever played and completely worth the $1,000+ price tag.

Titleist was an absolute pleasure to do business with. Clubs came in only 5 days despite the fact that they were custom fitted; the specs were perfect. Great job Titleist!

Titleist 710 MB
Titleist 710 CB
Titleist ZB
Mizuno Mp-58
Nike Forged Blades

[Jul 10, 2010]
Mike Landerholm
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP2 Irons

Today, I am reviewing the new 2010 Titleist AP2 710 Irons equipped with the factory-installed True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 steel shafts. On average, you can expect to pay $999.99 for this particular set. While the price is stiff, the reward is definitely worth it. These irons are very workable, due to the fact that the weight is distributed evenly from heel to toe, unlike the AP1s, although they are also great irons. These irons have great feel when struck clean and produce crisp, penetrating ball flight. They perform just as well on partial swings. Here's the bottom line: if you are a low-handicapper and a consistent ball-striker, there is no reason you wouldn't buy these irons. Try this set out at your local golf shop, and see if this quality set is right for you.

[Jul 01, 2010]
Longpar5
Model Reviewed: Titleis AP2

I have a buddy named Brian who bought these recently. Judging by his success with them, I would rate them a 1. Being better than him, and knowing Titleist better than that, I figured I would hit them. My thinking was that Titleist doesn't make bad clubs, it had to be him. I was right, I smoked 'em about every swing. I love the feel, trajectory, and control these have. Great irons, and my buddy needs some lessons.

Good as they usually are

titleist 704.cb