Titleist Forged Stainless 704.CB Irons

• Inner cavity muscle
  • High performance sole
  • Shallower heel profile
  • Precise forged stainless
  • Sole width and cavity muscle weighting

[Sep 11, 2021]
boorish1973

Strength:

These require a good swing and then the club does the rest!!! They are very accurate and have a great trajectory. | Stretch Ceilings Phoenix

Weakness:

none so far

Purchased:
New
[Jan 31, 2012]
James A golfer
Model Reviewed: All clubs

I seldom. if every come across these types of review but when I do Im always amazed at some of the claptrap spoken. Bobby Jones's clubs were not matched in any way and certainly were not forgiving, the sweet spot about the size of a ten pence and placed differently in every club. My advice for all you who love to carp on about modern clubs is to learn how to swing the things properly.

[Oct 09, 2010]
yoyoma
Model Reviewed: Titleist 704CB

I've tried dozens of sets and keep going back to these irons. I can work the ball and love the forgiveness and feel. I even tried the new AP2 and while they were 1/2 club longer I just did not hae the accuracy of the 704; and that's what the game is all about. Perhaps Titleist's most underated iron.

[Jun 05, 2010]
Longpar5
Model Reviewed: Titleist 704.cb

i have had these since 2007. i quit playing 2 years ago and was using callaway x-20 tour's when i quit and these were in my closet. just got back from golf galaxy and the range after having them bent 2* up and 2*strong. i cannot stress how important it is to have your loft and lie checked when you own a set of this type of clubs. it is unreal the difference in these. i used to honestly think that i couldn't hit them, and they were very unforgiving, and very short. come to find out, the lofts had been bent 2* weak by someone before me (bought on ebay, a leftie). so they had to bend some of them 4* to get to 2* strong. on the simulator, i flew a 6 iron 209 (i know, simulator lies), and on the range, 6 iron was a solid, and consistent 180-185. Mis-hits are not forgiving as far as distance, but do go very straight. i would say on the toe i lost 20-25 yards, and on the heel 10-15. but the mis-hits just off center maybe lost 5. these are renewed in my mind, and i love the way a sweet shot feels like warm apple pie. my advice for these is plenyt...
1. get fitted, clubs like these even 1/2* off will cause very short, ugly shots.
2. have your loft bent strong if you hit it high
3. have your lie/loft checked often to ensure they are within tolerance
4. swing smooth, and watch them fly far, and soft!
your good swings will be rewarded with the softness, and feel of a mb blade, and your mis-hits won't punish as badly as a mb blade

no idea

callaway x-20 tour (nice, long, but clunky/big), cleveland ta-5 (hook machines), cleveland ta2 (hated), mizuno mx23 (awesome)

[Dec 22, 2009]
Mark Goodman
Model Reviewed: Titleist 704 cb

Just purchased a second hand set, and wow what a great set of irons- easy to hit a very consistant.
extremley happy considering these are now 6 years old.

Taylormade LT

[Mar 18, 2009]
socal ladygolfer
Model Reviewed: Titleist 704 CB

I own a set 3-PW with TT Gold R flex shafts, of these for over 3 yrs and I love their feel and response to the well hit shots as well as the immediate feedback, they give in missed hits.

[Oct 03, 2008]
Glencap1
Model Reviewed: Titleist 704.CB

For a decent ball striker these play with a good deal of forgiveness. Don't shy away because they are Titleist. They're no nonsense golf tools that will last a long time and allow you to have a solid iron game. And now some really nice sets can be had for a pittance compared to new clubs. Don't be trapped into soft carbon steel forged because they have that "buttery" feel. They're also as soft as butter and you'll see them dinged up from errant strikes and bag chatter in just a few seasons. That may be OK for pros that are furnished with multiple sets over a year but not for the amateur spending his own money.

NA

Mizuno MP-57, MP-60, MX-25, MX-900

[Aug 03, 2008]
Don Phillips
Model Reviewed: Titleist 704-CB

I bought a like-new set of 704-CB irons about six weeks ago. In that time I have gone from a 10 handicap to a six! I read a review before I bought them that is SO true; (oversize, forgiving irons do a great job of hiding your swing flaws and offer little feedback). If you want to stay at the same handicap; keep using oversized irons. The 704-cb irons give immediate feedback on every shot. They are incredibly accurate when struck properly. And, they are so much easier to pitch and chip around the greens than the oversize, thick top-line irons. If you can hit the nickel-sized sweet spot about 85% of the time...these irons will make your golfing life a dream come true!
You can go from being around the green most of the time to be on the green and actually going for the flag! These irons are surprisingly more forgiving on off-center hits than I thought they would be. They have the lightweight, Nappron NS Pro 970 steel shafts, which are remarkable shafts. Overall, I'd give the 704-CB irons two thumbs up!

I've only had limited experience with the customer service from Titleist but I know they back their products and take great pride in quality service.

I'm a Titleist fan and have a set of the 822-0S irons. Titleist components are second to none!

[Jul 21, 2008]
clevengercm
Model Reviewed: Titleist 704.cb stiff shaft

wow! Buy these clubs!! I was hesitant to go to a forged iron. I usually shoot in the low 90s and break 90 on occasion so I was hesitant to hit anything other than my taylor made RAC HT(super forgiving)....Man I should have bought these clubs earlier...Its a dream to hit these...Mis hits may not go as far as my RACs, but I actually get feedback from the club so I know what I did wrong to correct my swing

Taylor Made RAC HT
Taylor Made LCG

[Mar 09, 2008]
chidochuck
Model Reviewed: Titleist 704 CB

Got these used on eBay and I couldn't be happier. I tried out the Pings and Mizunos and I just couldn't leave these alone. They have taken my game to another level with the forgiveness and ability to shape the ball as you please. I would call these more of a players iron than game improvement iron because I think that game improvement irons don't improve your swing, they cover up for your swing flaws. These require a good swing and then the club does the rest!!! They are very accurate and have a great trajectory. I love Titleist!!!

No need.