Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons

Z101 Forged

• Miled carbon steel
  • Tungsten inserts in the trailing edge
  • Higher center of gravity
  • Progressive cavity depths

fbj   Shoots in the 70s [Sep 06, 2016]
Model Reviewed: tourstage Z101

If tour players weren't paid to use clubs, I believe that they would all be using Z 101's. Actually, quite a few did, including Applby and Kuchar. In my collection of over 500 sets of forged blades, nothing comes close except the HM55s. Well worth buying one iron to try...you'll soon be buying the set.

spencer72   Shoots in the 100s [Jun 21, 2010]
Model Reviewed: z101

Just pick up set of z101's these are no doubt the best set of clubs i've ever hot, light, acurate and they certainly reward a good swing & contact. Handycap will no doubt drop. If you can pick up a set you won't be disapointed.

oldplayer   Shoots in the 70s [Oct 03, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Tourstage Z101

I can only agree wholeheartedly with the other reviews here regarding these irons. They are not as well known as other quality soft Japanese forgings but they are as good or better in my opinion. I speak from experience as I have owned and played more than 45 sets of forged blades and players cavities. These are without a doubt the softest feeling irons I have played. They are very blade like with a very thin topline and narrrow sole.
They are nicely balanced with a head weight that you can feel ok but is not too heavy. The forgivness is also good without sacrificing feedback and workability. I play mine with DGS300 shafts and it is a good match for me. These are a well kept secret and although I sometimes bag other irons for fun and variety these always find their way back in because simply they are the best irons I have ever played.

Similar Products Used: Mizuno,Titleist, Hogan, Wilson, Taylormade, Macgregor etc.
avtigger   Shoots in the 80s [Sep 10, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Tourstage Z101 irons X100 shafts

Wow, these irons are beautiful to look at. Took me a little while to get used to them but glad I persevered. Good swings are rewarded with the sweetest feeling strikes I have ever had. Now I understand what reviewers mean by that "buttery feeling"!!! At address the Z101's look small with a nice thin top-line. I find them long and accurate. Of course playing with "players cavity backs", means that you have to make good contact with these, but I truly believe that they have improved my golf swing!! Handicap is falling so I have no complaints at all.

Similar Products Used: Bridgestone J's professional weapons.
(great old clubs, nice back up set).
Ping I5
Callaway x14
Cleveland Ta7
Karlo Magpay0   Shoots in the 80s [Jan 17, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Tourstage z101

When struck the z101's are total awesome. Soft yet solid on impact. One of the best forged irons out there compared to several that i have used over the years. Slightly smaller in head size than others but provides enough forgiveness for mis hits either on the toe or heel. Mine came with NSPro shafts but later changed them to Dynamic Gold S300's. The NS Pro's gave to much ball flight for my taste. Great club for good strikers. Unfortunately I'm not.

Similar Products Used: Mizuno MP30, Nike forged blades.
wild dan   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 09, 2007]
Model Reviewed: z101

Smooth, soft, control and quality. Those are the four words that sum up these clubs. They are basically undercover in North America save for some people that really research clubs.
The feel and feedback and quality of the forgings. The only downside is that they are forged with a soft metal so bag chatter is greater than on my set of pings. These are unbelievable bargains out there... they compare well against the finest of Japanese forgings like Honma or Miura. Google these clubs and read what people say when they are lucky enough to find them.

none needed

Similar Products Used: Nike forged combo (not really the same)
Miura ( a friends set, not my personal)

hcutt   Shoots in the 80s [May 19, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Tourstage MR-23

The MR-23's were a limited-run forged CB from Tourstage (Bridgestone's Japan arm). To the best of my knowledge, these were not available via retail.. distribution was to Club Pro's and various tour players. Without question, these are the softest forgings i've played... and also forgiving considering their traditional clubhead size and offset. Great looks & setup - satin finish with a thin topline. They have developed a cult following due to there limited availability and strong word of mouth... status is truly warranted. Designed for the better players (which I'm not - 17 hc)... but as noted, the best iron i've played to date... iron strengths - distance control and that great forged feeling. If interested search ebay or golfwrx... good luck, you won't be disappointed.

na