Ben Hogan Bettinardi Big Ben Series Putters

Ben Hogan Bettinardi Big Ben Series Putters

[Feb 25, 2013]
Devlyn Fraser
Model Reviewed: Big Ben broomhandle

I have had my Big Ben 'broomhandle' for several years and it's the best putter I have ever had, in my 46 years of golf.
I don't know what I shall do in 2016 if I'm forced to give it up. Perhaps give up golf ?

[Jul 16, 2010]
danny

im 13 and ive had this putter for 3 years. it has been the best putter ive ever held in my hands. i golf a lot and i a very important league. it has been there with me to help me shave several points off my score

[Jul 24, 2006]
alaboy
Model Reviewed: Hogan Bettinardi The Hawk (triangular model)

This putter features two things that have made a tremendous difference in my ability to find the hole consistently. Firstly, the back weighting provides a lot of balance. I switched to this mallet-style putter from my old Ping Zing traditional heel shafted design because I preferred the feel of the club's weight behind the ball. It feels like I need less effort to get the ball rolling, so I consequently find myself using a more pure stroke as opposed to muscling the ball to the hole. Secondly, and most importantly, the very distinct target lines on top of the putter have made a world of difference. I've begun to mark my balls with the "line m up" tool that places a perfectly straight line on your ball to aide in putting alignment. In conjunction with that line on the ball, the thick line on the putter makes alignment very simple. I set the ball up for the break and stand over the ball only worried about speed. With this easy alignment help, dealing just with speed as I draw back the putter makes for a more successful result. Thanks Hogan.

NA

Odyssey Two Ball

[Jun 12, 2006]
mdk6392
Model Reviewed: Big Ben

I bought this putter new on Ebay in hopes of improving my putting - ($90 with shipping). I've never used a center shafted putter but it seemed like it may help by 3-putting. I usually would average around 34 putts a round with some 3-putts and a couple one putts. I practiced with it for a couple weeks and then I finally made it to the course this past week and I had more one putts than ever. I had 8 one putts and only one 3-putt - for a total of 5 birdies. Anyway, I am really happy with it so far and hope to continue putting well. The alignment is excellant. For the price it is a great deal.

not used

none

[Nov 23, 2005]
frankmelet
Model Reviewed: BIG BEN

THIS IS THE BEST PUTTER I'VE USED. I TRIED THE WHITE STELL 2 BALL, VOODOO, CRAZE, DARBY---SOO MANY--TOO MANY. ONE DAY I HIT THIS AND I KNEW I HAD TO GET ONE. I AM SHARP AROUND THE GREENS AGAIN. A GREAT ALIGNMENT AID AND SOFT ALUMINUM FEEL. THE ONLY DETRACTOR IS THE SOFT ALUMINUM DINGS EASILY.

[Jan 12, 2005]
Bmbtech
Model Reviewed: Big Ben Belly Putter

I'm a once a week golfer who is starting to get serious about his game. I've gone from a 36.4 handicap to an 18.2 in 12 months and was looking to update my clubs. I decided that the putter would be the best one to switch first. After reading all of the reviews on this site I chose this putter and the reviews were dead on. This is the best putter I have ever had in my hands. The alignment is easy, the balance is perfect, and it just feels right in your hands. It took a round or two for me to get use to the speed, but now that I have it, if I miss the putt it's because I missread the break not the speed. I'm looking to upgrade my irons next and if the reviews of the Titleist 704's are this accurate then next entry I should be a sub 15 handicap.

Odyssey 2-Ball Belly, Scotty Futura Belly, Carbite Belly

[Nov 13, 2004]
koef1658
Model Reviewed: Big Ben

Terrific putter. Not hard to get used to. Very easy to line up, feels like butter. I switched from an odyssey 2 ball, which I also reccomend. This putter has given me better results that the 2 ball.

NOT NEEDED

Odyssey 2ball, Odyssey White Hot #1,#3, Ping Craz-e, Ray Cook, Futura

[Aug 15, 2004]
LStrick
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan Bettinardi Big Ben Putter

I'm a twice a month recreational golfer but this putter makes me look like a pro on the dance floor. At least it did yesterday. I bought it just before playing a round and only practiced with it for about 15 minutes prior to teeing off. I had more 1 and 2 putts for the round than any round I've ever played. This putter is incredible. If you can read a green plan on making a lot more putts inside of 6 feet. You may never miss another straight putt less than 3 feet forever with this thing. The weight and balance is perfect and creates the perfect pendulum stroke. The alignment line is very easy to use and is better than a pair of balls in my opinion. The quality of the machine work is typical Bettinardi and looks as good as anything from that Scotty guy. Best money I ever spent on a single club.

Odyssey Two Ball, Obyssey Rosi

[Aug 13, 2004]
terrynutkins
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan Big Ben Bettinardi BHB-7

This is the first putter I've felt I couldn't afford not to buy. I've been eyeing-up the SC-Futura for a while but didn't really get on with it that well on the practice green. I tried all of the Scotty Cameron Studio putters I could get my hands on but nothing really stood out. I managed to get a look at a baby-ben a few weeks back and realy liked the look, build quality and setup of the club. Decided to go for a Big Ben in the end and managed to pick one up from eBay for £95. Given the session I've just had on the practice green it could well be the best money I've ever spent on golf equipment - it has gone straight in the bag. I bought the 35" model (so my dignity is still intact ;-) ) and the way it sits at address suits me perfectly. As you can see from the picture above, the aim line is huge so alignment is very accurate. I hit 100 putts from 4' in my first session and missed just 1. I imagine I'm fairly typical as a weekend golfer in that before now I missed more than my fair share of 4-6' putts. With this putter, my standard has really improved. I haven't mentioned the roll characteristics yet, well it seems to be very true. At least on a par with the futura. My grandad used to say "a bad workman always blames his tools", well if he were alive today I'd say "grandad, a good workman always has the best tools" currently, in my opinion, this is the best you can get. I'm very, very pleased

futura, bobby grace, SC studio, F75 railgun

[Jun 11, 2004]
baums101
Model Reviewed: Big Ben

This putter is the best putter I have ever used. That is saying a lot seeing as how I have used just about any putter you can name, Futura, Studio Design, 2-ball, Bobby Grace MOI, Doc 17, Rossie, Nike Oz....and so on. Anyway I know I make my mind up quickly when I use a putter but this thing is almost automatic. The alignment is the easiest I have ever seen. The speed is the most amazing thing. When I first used this putter the speed was almost right on except for on reallllly long putts. I highly recommend this putter and I think will help anyone putt better at any level.

not used yet

mentioned above...but almost any you an think of