Ben Hogan BHB5-SS Putters

BHB5-SS

The Precision-milled putter head is constructed of stainless steel & Piece Technology process.

gerryleejones   Shoots in the 70s [Aug 13, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan by Bettinardi BHB5-SS

Picked this putter up at Golf Galaxy for $69, it sold for $349 last year! The reason it's discounted is because Bettinardi is no longer associated with Ben Hogan. He's now making the same putters for Mizuno at $229, which are excellent putters that are milled from carbon steel. This Ben Hogan BHB5-SS is even better, it's milled from double aged stainless steel. As I understand it it, Bettinardi can manufacture seven carbon steel putters for the time it takes to make one stainless steel putter. Very expensive process! An excellent putter, great looks, soft but crisp feel, excellent distance control!Get one before they are gone at this rediculous prices. I bought two of them!

The Natural   Shoots in the 100s [Apr 23, 2007]
Model Reviewed: bhb5 ss

I love the bhb5 ss as I love everything that has the Ben Hogan name on it. It feels so good when the ball is stroked perfectly. I can't explain it; it is pure joy. Good results with off center hits and poor strokes too. By far, this is the best putter that I have ever had. I got my bhb5 ss for 100 bucks like most of the other reviewers who have this putter. I had been looking at them on Ebay for quite awhile prior to seeing it at the store. I putted with the Mizuno Bettinadi putters one day at the store and I have to say those felt sweet as well.

I would love to send it to the Bettinardi Custom Shop

Similar Products Used: Ping, Odyssey, Never Compromise
nam69-70   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 18, 2006]
Model Reviewed: Hogan Bettinardi BBH5 SS

The stainless steel model BBH5SS is the ticket!! I own the BBH5CC which is nice, but feel that the SS is a superior product. Just couldn't bring myself to pay the $349.00 retail.
Got mine at Golf Galaxy for $99.00 but last season paid $299 for the BBH5CC.

No experience

Similar Products Used: BBH5 CC
Cameron 1.5 Newport Beach
Cameron Sante Fe 1.5 Teryllium
S. C.   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 27, 2006]
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan Bettinardi BHB5-SS

Like the last reviewer, I purchased this $500 list putter for $99 from Edwin Watts. What a great deal! This putter is easily comparable to $200-$500 Scotty Cameron putters. Great feel, superb distance control, and great looks to boot. I had been using a Wilson black milled 8802 for about 15 years, but have recently had trouble with starting my putts on-line. Not with this Hogan putter! Another thing I like about it is it's distinctive looks. It has a light green grip and light green cover, and the face is honeycombed. All my playing partners are jealous now. Do yourself a favor, if you like this style putter, and pick one of these up for $99 before they are history!

Never had to use it.

Similar Products Used: Never used a similiar product.
developtech   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 25, 2006]
Model Reviewed: BHB5-SS

I bought this putter from Edwin Watts on close out and couldn't be happier. Crisp feel, good distance control, stays on line. I don't think that it was a value at $500 but for the $99 I paid I don't think you can do better. Bettinardi putter with double aged stainless steal. Life is good!

Havn't tried

Similar Products Used: 5 Pings, 2 MacGregors, 2 Odysseys, on the practice green-Everything
James Newsome   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 22, 2006]

I purchased a Ben Hogan BHB5 SS 11/05. I have been using it all season. It took me a month to get use to it. I'm one and two putting everything now, It's "Lethal". Great Feel, True on direction, Awesome distance control. I'm seven to eight strokes a round better since the season began.

I haven't had to use it.