Carbite ZG Mallet Putters

Carbite ZG Mallet Putters

[Feb 04, 2012]
Murray
Model Reviewed: ZG Mallet

If you can't putt with this, give up. Once I started using three putt greens went away. Trying too find another to have as a backup

[Mar 01, 2010]
motorolaview
Model Reviewed: Carbite ZG

I used this putter just once at course 8years ago then stop using this as it was really difficult for me to control direction.(I remember I hit over 33put at that time.)But,I really love the design...recent space ship designed putter is not my taste.I may use this putter again with jumbo-grip which would brings better result.

[Feb 12, 2009]
daddafree
Model Reviewed: carbite zg mallet

very smooth and balanced good sight lines easy to lag with ,,,finish does tarnish a little but no biggie ovrall a great putter

[Jun 20, 2008]
TL2
Model Reviewed: Carbite ZG

This putter sucks. I can't seem to make any putt that's longer than 4 feet out no matter how perfect my swing is. The ball always goes left of the hole or sometimes to the right of it. And get this, sometimes it goes right past it even though I'll barely tap the ball. Once, the ball didn't even make it to the hole even though I hit it really hard! I've had this thing for years and I thought it was the balls I was using that contributed to my big scores. After buying and losing every ball made under the sun I can't seem to stop 4 and 5 putting. Don't buy this thing if you wanna be any good!

Okay, calm down... it's a joke. I love this putter! Good stuff. Hit ball.. wait for sound... smile and head for next tee!

Never broke a putter although I suppose if I were to strike someone down with a flat stick it may need servicing.

Similar to what... a golf club? I guess my hockey stick is close... but not really. I guess my softball bat would be similar, only different.

[Jul 28, 2007]
Bob
Model Reviewed: Carbite ZG mallet

Although it looks like a hank of metal on the end of a stick, it's a work of art!
Has a semi-soft feel, even on firmly struck putts. Very balanced and stable. Only complaint is that the finish fades and cracks over time. Have had this putter for 8 years.

Truline m1, Ping Darby,

[Mar 27, 2007]
bakdon
Model Reviewed: carbite zg

well with me a putter only belongs in one of two places.In your bag or a lake or deep pond.This will stay in bag for a long time.smooth and the best lag putter of all time.It rewards a good stroke.Best quality for the money.

like i said it ethiers works or drowns.

ping-wilson blade-scotty cameron.

[Nov 27, 2003]
Geo
Model Reviewed: Carbite ZG

By far the best putter I ever used. I don't change clubs much, since this putter replaced my Ping B60 - a proven, time honored design. However, the face balanced, perimeter weighting just makes sense! It just works better. My only complaint is that the aluminum body has begun looking a bit ragged after 3 years of use. It seems to be oxidizing...and I take good care of my sticks. It appears that Carbite has retired this model; too bad. I'd like to see them revitalize this excellent design with a more durable body - maybe titanium or graphite? Just my $.02

I got this putter online at a steal. The service was just fine.

I've tried many putters, but don't change what's in my bag frequently.

[Nov 22, 2003]
cyborg
Model Reviewed: Carbite ZG Mallet

Switched to this putter from my "old" Odyssey as I had lost confidence in hitting (or for that matter, just getting a good lag putt) those putts outside of 10'. The ZG is a decent putter for the money. I used it for about 2 years but it just did not have the feel that I was looking for and now it is my "back-up" putter. Now I'm back to the new Odyssey DX2. I love the feel and it fits my game, however, it is twice the price of my old ZG (the DX2 was $169 on sale). Again, this is a good confidence builder, as you will have great lag putts. However, if you are looking to score well (outside of 10') you'll need to practice hitting that sweet spot of the ZG.

Never needed

Odyssey, Ping, Scotty Cameron

[Aug 17, 2003]
Thomas

I bought this putter to replace an old alien putter that I broke. It is not a bad putter. However, there are many putters that are a better deal. This putter may look easy to align in the pictures, however, when you get out on the golf course it is a whole other story. The weight is much to heavy to control. The biggest complaint I have is the lack of forgivness in the putter. You have to hit it directly in the center of the brass insert. The feel of the putter is very soft. If I were goling to buy a putter I would buy an old used ping. You can get one for 30 to 60 dollars. I currently have the ping anser putter and I love it.

[Jun 06, 2003]
darth87
Model Reviewed: Carbite ZG Mallet

As a hi-handicap golfer my favorite stage is the green. I always prefer putters with site lines to help me align the club face. This mallet style putter is a dream to grip, align, and strike. I use very little muscle in my putting stroke so the weight of the putter is critical to the momentum transfer. The feel and feedback allow me to easily gauge how much arc required to hit my target.

No interaction required.