Carbite ZH Cavity Back Putters

ZH Cavity Back

gv7405   Shoots in the 90s [May 28, 2002]

I have tried a number of good putter but think this one is the best. I play a course with wickedly fat greens - this putter dis fairly straing,

Similar Products Used: Taylor Made Roho mallet, Odyssey Blade, Taylo made Knubbins, ctc..
Sportsnut76   Shoots in the 90s [Nov 05, 2001]
Model Reviewed: Carbite ZH Putter
Strength:

None

Weakness:

None

Great Putter. Soft center really helps keep the ball straight. Takes a few rounds to get used to the softness, you need to hit it a little harder to get it to the hole. When you do get it down, it will take a few strokes off your game. Take it from me I did shoot 94/95''s but since I got this putter and changed my golf grip a little, I''m now shooting around 90/92 with a few rounds in the 80''s. It was a little expensive when i bought it a year ago but you can find it cheaper now.

warren   Shoots in the 70s [Sep 10, 2001]
Strength:

None

Weakness:

None

There isn''t a better putter made. Inspires confidence and makes other putters feel like toys. I have the original with aluminum soft shaft and have never found a better flat stick.

Brian   Shoot in the 80s [Jul 23, 2001]

A good feeling putter that has great distance control. The thing that makes this otherwise great putter average is it's lack of durability. The head is made from very soft metal and gets very marred very quickly. So much so that I stopped using it because it looked horrible to my eye.

Similar Products Used: ping, taylor made, carbite
Tom   Shoot in the 80s [Jun 26, 2001]
Model Reviewed: Carbite ZH Cavity Back

I got my ZH in August 2000. The feel of the putter is excellent. Once I began working on putting practice, the rest fell into place. The ball moves true off the clubface and I feel very confident that I can get the ball down in one from 10-15 feet. A great putter. You can generally find it for $100 or less, which makes it an even better putter than the advertised price of $149.00. Working with this club has gotten me in the mid to upper 80s on a more consistent basis.

Doug   Shoot in the 100s [Apr 01, 2001]

I've been using this putter for about a year now and I love it! I'm still learning to read greens but with this putter, when I miss I don't miss by much. Mis-hits are VERY forgiving. Carbite's other products may not be the best but their putters are fantastic. Highly recommended!

I'm only giving 3 stars on value rating because even though I got mine for a good price they are relatively expensive. You can usually get a demo model for around $50 on Ubid.com or egghead.com.

Dave   Shoot in the 80s [Jan 03, 2001]
Model Reviewed: ZH

I have played with putter 8 times. Only a couple of 3 putts. This putter really gets the ball to the hole. This putter instills great confidence. I think it is well worth the money.

Similar Products Used: Teardrop, Ram, Ping
Chris   Shoot in the 90s [Mar 08, 2000]

I was given the Polar balanced ZH model as a gift and it felt great. Unfortunately, I started putting worse. The roll and line are true with this putter. It goes where I aim, even on mis-hits. The hard part is determining distance control. It took me a few rounds and some practice time, but I now only have about 30 putts per round. Even when I am not striking the ball well, I know I can save strokes with this putter. Some complain of feel with the Carbite, but if you use a relaxed grip, the feel is there. Go out and get one! You can find them for cheaper than the advertised $149.

Similar Products Used: various
Alex Miro   Shoot in the 90s [Jun 05, 2000]
Model Reviewed: ZH

Great putter! Very nice feel and and ultra-forgiving. Plenty of alignment marks. Somewhat heavy putter with weight on the bottom of the blade to promote a straighter stroke. Search the Internet, should be able to find the ZH for $95 brand new.

Gordo   Shoot in the 80s [May 22, 2000]

This putter is the best thing I have ever used. You almost have to work at three putting! I have the 36" model and getting the right touch for any length putt is easy just by gripping higher or lower on the shaft. Greens in Maine go from very slow in the spring to extremely quick in the summer and the Carbite works well at any speed.