Odyssey Black Series Putters

Odyssey Black Series Putters

Callaway Black Series Tour Design Putter The Callaway Black Series Tour Design Putter is the result of extensive work between the Odyssey design team and Tour players like Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els. The Black Series Tour Designs Putters are precisely-crafted and milled, featuring a new look while providing the soft feel demanded by the best players in the world. A.R.T. (Advanced Roll Technology) is achieved through multi-material construction. A urethane dampening layer is subtly placed betwe

[Jun 20, 2012]
Barry
Model Reviewed: Odyssey black series tour 1

I'm a bit of a putter connoisseur and was able to get this putter at a decent price. Great weight in the head and very smooth feel off the blade. I call it black magic because it is money. With the heavier weight, you can't get yippy with it. I put a larger Lamkin grip on it and now I'm deadly on the greens. A few more rounds and this baby will be paid for with bet winnings. I encourage you to try one.

Ping, Taylormade, other Odyssey putters

[Dec 12, 2011]
George
Model Reviewed: Black Series #1

Have used a lot of differnt putterstyles, and when I tried the Black Series #1 I knew I had found a putter I can sticck with .. It has great feel, easy to align, great weight, and super looks ... just love it ... handicap has come down as I have'nt had a 3 putt in over a year.

[May 21, 2010]
Nick
Model Reviewed: Odyssey Black #2

Probably the smoothest anser style putter I've ever used. This price point is high, but the performance is flawless. The club sets up very well at address and instills immediate confidence from any part of the green, ie lag and fringe. Putting is my favorite part of the game, and I was immediately sold on this putter, which can now be purchased at a reasonable price.

Former putter was a Yes! Callie.

[Feb 21, 2010]
kyle bacon
Model Reviewed: odyssey black series

i think the outter is very reliable and also a very nice feel it is a great putter to use on fast green and is a great looking putter.

scotty cameron

[Feb 01, 2010]
whitworth81
Model Reviewed: Black series #1

I have played Ping putters most of my life. Decided for a change and went to the Odyssey black series #1. Similar to my Ping #4. I really like this putter. It rolls the ball better toward the hole. It also seems to go more past the hole, then being short of the hole. And if your short of the hole, you never have a chance to score low.

Ping putters

[Oct 17, 2009]
Highlifejeff
Model Reviewed: Black series 1

This is the best looking club at address I've seen. The weighting is nice could be a tad heavier but I'm a taller guy so the 35 in with 340 was the best I can do and standard. A good 3 layer ball has te feel of the black series I , but the consistancy of a milled SS face. I've tried the black series I Cameron Newport and liked this putter the best. Great work callaway.

Odyssey black series I #1, odyssey white hot tour, taylormade Ross monza, SC newport 2

[May 17, 2009]
arkbdada9
Model Reviewed: odyssey black series #2

I have had the ping anser for five years and have only kept it because it drains putts. Then the new black series line came out and i new it was time for a change. This is the most active putter in the field. I have no problems wit thinking or reading the putt with the feel and accuracy of this milled tungsten putter. The major effects are from 15' and in they all seem to just have a magnet effect on the hole. Which is nice. If at all achievable, go get this putter and you will see what I am talking about.

[Jan 24, 2009]
evans1906
Model Reviewed: Odyssey Black Series #7

A buddy of my recently purchased the Odyssey Black Series #7. Both of us play to a 5. After his purchased he started pouring in putts inside of 10 feet, we practice together so I know it wasn't a mechanical change. At the time I recently purchased a Scotty Red X, needless to say I was not in the market for another putter. In the last two weeks I bought a Black Series #7 on eBay for an unbelievable price. As soon as it arrived, I went right to the putting green. Initially I was not very impressed, although the ball came off the club face solidly, tracked well with little skidding, it just didn’t feel solid in my hands. I changed the grip, went to a thicker grip, and instantly, the #7 became the most solid putter I owned

[Oct 07, 2008]
Tipsy101
Model Reviewed: Odyssey Black Series #1 and #2

I was looking for a putter that felt soft but still had a metallic feel when you hit the ball. I also like a heavier putter and matte finishes. Dark gray is a good color on a putter for me.

I tried a bunch of different putters out at the PGA Superstore's for about 4 months; including all of the other Odyssey putters. Finally I settled on the Black Series #1 or #2.

Then I demo'd both of them for several months. Finally, I came to the conclusion that for whatever reason, the #2 had a softer feel than the #1 as the ball came off the face. Not as soft as the "i" series black putters, but softer than the #1. Very cool.

On the golf course, the putter has really panned out as I had hoped. I was a Putt-Putt champ as a kid and nowadays I consider myself a real touch oriented putter. The Black Series #2 feels like a real extension of my hand and arm. I love it. Feels extremely accurate, solid, and touch sensitive.

It is expensive but come one, we spend a ridiculous amount of money on drivers, balls, golf clothes etc. How can you complain about investing in a great club that you use for 40-50% of the shots in a a round of golf?

Don't know, never needed it.

Wilson Fat Shaft ci20 putter, Ping Anser (whatever the new model is right now), Scotty Cameron Studio 2 (the one Anthony Kim uses right now), Odyssey Black Series #1, Odyssey iBlack Series #1 and #2, Odyssey Tour Series.

[Sep 08, 2008]
hammerball
Model Reviewed: Odyssey Black Series #3

I know that a few people have given a poor rating the value portion on this club. However, when you think about it, the putter should be the most carefully chosen and best made club in your bag. The average score on the PGA tour is around 71 and the average number of putts is 29. That's 40 percent of shots for the big guys and at least that for us mortals. The Black Series from Odyssey is one of the best made and engineered putters I have used, including the Scotty. I give it great value, when you consider we will spend $200 for a hybrid that may be used 5 times in a round. I have the #3 and find it is heavy enough to hold the line, yet not too heavy that you lose feel. The roll off the face is smooth. Plus, it gives me confidence to look down and see the quality of the head. It's the best putter I have ever used.

The only knock I have against the black series, and I caution you to evaluate, is the glare off the head on the #1 and #2 series. In bright overhead sun you can get a distracting reflection. I hope Odyssey addresses this issue on the next go around.

Callaway, who owns Odyssey, is among the best. Dealt with them many times and it's always been hassle free.

Ping, Scotty Cameron, Bettinardi.