Ping Redwood Anser Putters

Redwood Answer putter

[Aug 07, 2017]
whynotme
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwood Anser

Finally found one of these putters used in really good shape. I have always liked the Anser and Anser 2 models, but I like a little extra weight, which the Redwood provides. I have the black colored putter and it looks great as well. The feel, forgiveness, and accuracy are all outstanding with this putter.

Many, many, many putters over the last 15+ years. This one is definitely in the top 5 of all that I have tried.

[Apr 08, 2010]
golfer7890
Model Reviewed: Redwood Anser

I have the Black Satin Anser. The sexy dark finish eliminates glare, and the lines are very pleasant on the eyes. The feel is soft yet crisp. I love this putter. I also own two Scottys and the Redwood is just as nice. I do not like the the velcro in the headcover. It may scratch the putter over time. Overall a super clean putter that wants to be played.

Ping is very good but a bit slow as of late.

Putters I have or had: Studio Select Newport and Newport 2, Fastback, California Monterey, Studio Style, Bettinardi C03, Ping Becu, Ping Stainless, Rossie, Odyssey blade, and 8802.

[Mar 27, 2009]
Rob Quinn
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwood Anser putter

The Ping Redwood Anser is a work of Art and has been since Karsten designed it. I bought mine a few months ago and love the look, feel, and performance. The one gigantic problem is that it is not face balanced. I keep the swing simple by swinging straight back and thru by just rocking my shoulders back and thru.

I find the arc swing creates more variables than necessary. The complex of swinging on an arc and then hitting the ball at a precise spot complicates the putting motion. Please design a version of the Anser that is face balanced.
KISS -Keep it simple stupid.

[Feb 15, 2009]
Lars van Gelder
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwoord Anser 34"

All my clubs are PING, except my wedges. When I went to the shop to buy a new putter I really felt that I was going to buy a Scotty Cameron. Until the PING Redwood tapped me on my shoulder and whispered: buy me and you´ll never hit a 3-putt again...
I did and the rest is history...by the rest I mean 3-putts and misses within 5 feet...
Beautiful looking putter that performs...buy it!

I don´t understand why no other company has been able to match Ping´s superb customer service.

SC, Taylor Made, Odyssey 2-ball

[Dec 29, 2008]
Neo
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwood Anser

It is a great putter. when i was in the shop i hesitated between ping and cameron, but finally i picked this up after a long time. I wouldn't regret that as the feel is so solid, and the ball just got flushed out as soon as the putter touches it, no delayed at all. someone complainted about the heavy weight but for me that is a plus. With a heavier putter, the ball moves more consistent & straight when hitting it with the same speed, and that is what i like...at last, the color, real steel color, more classic, and this is one of the major reasons that i chose ping rather than cameron. In all, they all feel great. Worth the $$$

[Aug 03, 2008]
Ben the golfer
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwood Anser

This putter is wonderful. When you hit it flush, you know and the feeling is so good you want to hit it flush over and over again. On mis-hits, you know you mis-hit it but the ball still holds its line better than other putters do on mis-hits. My only complaint is the headcover. Even though I securley fastned it on, it still falls off.

Titleist Scotty Cameron, Ping G5 UG-LE

[Mar 27, 2008]
niftymoe
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwood Anser 2

I had the oppurtunity to play with Redwood Anser 2 for 4 rounds and a few hours on the practice green on top of that. I can honestly report now that the Redwood line is more overrated than the Scotty Cameron Stuido series putters. If such a thing was possible.

But dont get me wrong, I think the redwood anser 2 is a great putter - what i mean is in comparison to other Ping lines.

I play a Karsten Anser 2 two as my regualar putter and the Redwood seems just to be a much more expensive knock-off. The ball seems like it rolls just as true, if not a little better, off of the Karsten as a Redwood. The Red Woods feel heavier in comparison to other Anser 2 models I have tried. The choice really lies if you want to pay an extra 200 bucks for the milled faces on a redwood rather than the smooth face of the Karsten Anser 2.

If you are looking at getting a Redwood Anser, I would say take a breath and look at the Karsten or G2 Anser 2 lines first.

Karsten Anser 2, Ping G2 Anser C, Scotty Cameron Studio 2

[Mar 01, 2008]
Paul
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwood Anser

I trided Scotty Cameron Putters and never could get the feel with them. I longed for Ping to come out with a milled putter because of Pings quality. Well, I must say it's the best putter out there. At 340G, it's heavier than others and I have the Star Shot finish (Available Dec. 07) and can't be happier. Ping mills all their own putters in their custom shop and does all the work right there. 100% completely American Made. You won't be disappointed. Give it a try.

Simply the best. Always. I called Ping before I ordered mine and they took the time to answer all my, sometimes, not technical questions. A great company.

Cameron, Odyssey and others.

[Jan 22, 2008]
kfinley
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwood Anser

I have owned a lot of putters. Until this one my favourite was an "020" Anser, which I used off and on for many years. The Redwood is superior. Crisp feel, perfect balance, generous sweet spot [which is actually centered on the sight line for a welcome change!] + she's the prettiest girl at the dance...

as advertised. I have never been disappointed by Ping.

Ansers- 029, 020, isopur, isoforce, g2, Anser 2...

[Nov 01, 2007]
Randall D. Grisell
Model Reviewed: Ping Redwood Anser putter

The Ping Redwood Anser is the best puttr I have used. I have 25+ putters in my basement, including Camerons, Pings, Odysseys, Yes, and about everything inbetween. This putter is heavier than other Ping Ansers. The ball comes off the face nicely, and there seems to be little twisting of the face at impact. This is a quality putter.

Ping has the best customer service in the business.

Several Pings, Camerons, Odysseys and many others.