Ping The Nelli Putters

The Nelli

Manganese bronze clubhead, Isopur insert clubface

Jimmy D   Scratch Golfer [Sep 03, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Ping Nelli

I bought this putter at a Play it Again sports for $39 2 months ago in near new condition. I had the original grip so I replaced it with a Golf Pride traditional. I love this putter. It is so easy to line up and I've never been better at long putts since this was put in the bag. It's great for 3 to 4 footers as well.

Rabbitfoot!   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 02, 2007]
Model Reviewed: ping nelli

Found this putter at a 2nd swing in Chicago a couple of years ago. When I tried it I just had to buy it. It is so easy to line up and rolls the ball so well. It's an amazing feeling having so much confidence over every putt. I feel like they are all going to drop. Very easy to control distance as well. Great putter...

na

creekman   Shoots in the 100s [Nov 29, 2003]
Model Reviewed: Ping Nelli

I am putting better now (with this Nelli) than at any other time in my life. The long white alignment line gives me confidence. I cannot say enough good things about this stick.

Never had to use it.

Similar Products Used: Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport Two 2 (awful) Ping Anser 2i (nice) Two Ball Knockoff (not that bad)
Scott   Shoots in the 100s [Apr 17, 2002]
Model Reviewed: PING Nelli

I purchased this putter for my girlfriend. She ended up liking my prototype Teardrop TD-00 more than the Nelli. I''m an excellent putter with just about anything and never have liked mallet putters. However, the ballance and feel of this putter is amazing. Good feedback (tactile and aural) plus an excellent site line make me even more confident.

Similar Products Used: Tear Drop TD-00, Plop, PING B60, PING PAL 2 BZ
RichardvanS   Shoots in the 100s [Dec 28, 2001]
Model Reviewed: Ping The Nelli
Strength:

None

This is a great putter! Trying serveral types of putters learned me that a face balanced mallet putter with a "soft" feel is a putter that suits me. The Odyssey White Hot didn''t have enough weight in the blade. The Tri Hot was to expensive and the STX was to soft. The Nelli was the right combination: enough weight in the blade and the right feel at halve the price of the Tri hot (in the Netherlands).

No experience

Similar Products Used: Odyssey (White Hot & Tri Hot), STX Switchblade
Doug   Shoot in the 90s [May 13, 2001]
Model Reviewed: Nelli

After a bad car accident on holiday, my dad bought me this putter from the resort's pro shop as a gift. Once I was allowed to get out of the hospital bed, I began putting up and down my room with a couple of balls he'd bought as well, and I was dying to get back home to try it out for real. I have now owned it for over a year, and it rarely lets me down. At first I found it difficult to judge the distance, but that was probably down to my poor ability. It looks great and feels superb. Buy it if you can find one.

Similar Products Used: None
Brian Wilson   Shoot in the 70s [Mar 06, 2001]
Model Reviewed: Nellie

Best Putter I have ever used. I was a crap long putter until I borrowed this from my golfing partner, that was 18 months ago and it's not been out of my bag since. If you struggle with the long uns try it.

Similar Products Used: Ping Pal
Deebo   Shoot in the 80s [Apr 14, 2000]

This well balanced mallet really makes putting easy. I've been using the Nelli for about a year now, and I can honestly say it has taken about 3 strokes (on average) from my score. Not to mention the Isopur insert gives it a great feel while shaving those strokes. I highly recommend this manganese bronze mallet if you can find one.

Similar Products Used: Many blades, but the nelli is my first mallet
Larry   Shoot in the 90s [Sep 23, 2000]

Really love this club! Have tried several other putters but I keep comming back to my "Nelli". Great feel and roll especially on theslow greens here at home.