Adams Golf Tom Watson Wedges

Adams Golf Tom Watson Wedges

Adams Tom Watson CC Wedge The Adams Tom Watson CC Wedge features traditional wedge shaping inspired by the legendary 8-time Major Champion. The black nickel finish provides a premium look while also minimizing the glare from sunlight. The copper face provides soft feel and improved performance and Tom Watson's signature heel grind helps the wedge cut through the turf. The 11 loft/bounce combinations give golfers a variety of options to fit their level, making this an outstanding wedge. .

[Aug 24, 2011]
Tom
Model Reviewed: Lob

put your vokeys away...this club wouldnt stoop down to the level of vokeys great club..im a raving fan.

[May 14, 2011]
twnuck
Model Reviewed: 56 degree wedge

Great model, I had the 60 degree and just recently switched to this - love it! I would highly recommend it for all golf levels

[Jan 17, 2011]
jeffro
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: tom watson wedge set

i have been playing the greatest game that we all know as golf since i was 2 years old and have had much success in tournament play as far, as these wedges go they are great for the golfer who strikes the ball well if your not a good ball striker i would not suggest buying these wedges unless your just the weekend drink beer with your buddys and play 18 holes.

[Jul 14, 2010]
AJ
Model Reviewed: Tom Watson Wedges

I found that these wedges were very consistent when it comes to distances, but the wedges get very little spin. I demoed the Cleveland CG 15s and they get much more spin. I think for someone who is just out for fun these wedges are great clubs, but for someone who plays in tournaments and is really trying to score, these wedges are not the best choice.

[Oct 05, 2009]
nchrcek
Model Reviewed: PVD Gunmetal Wedges

I haven't played the regular Tom Watson wedges that many seem to dislike, but I do own the "PVD" (Physical Vapor Deposition) Tom Watson set and they're quite fine.
All 3 wedges have VERY consistent, predictable distances (including full swings) and a feel that actually reminds me of some of the very finest 'castings' I've played. I find each club's bounce angles perfect for their respective tasks. For instance, the Lob has 7 degrees of bounce and lets me feather my ball out of those green-side bunkers like a knife cutting through a cloud of sand.
There are better wedges, but I dare anyone to find better for this price.. You'll get: Consistency in distance, great feel, a fine set of tools to execute those very touchy green-side shots, accuracy all 'round and a hell of a sand trap arsenal.
The gunmetal finish is gone in the ball-striking area and on the sole, but who cares?

not used

Wedges by: Ping, Mizuno, Nike and Cleveland

[Aug 18, 2009]
Pete Stanley
Model Reviewed: Watson 3-pack

Got these a few months ago and traded them in for some Cleveland CG 12s...WOW...what a difference. The Watson's are just OK, they lack soul if you know what I mean. Not bad for a golfer on a budget, but they hurt my short game. The Cleveland clubs took 4-5 shots off my game the first few times out. The Watson's feel dull even in the sweet spot. I still LOVE my Adams A4s, but the Watson wedges (3 for $99.00) are on the cheap side. Sorry Tom.

[Jan 28, 2008]
juddbud
Model Reviewed: Tom Watson 3-Wedge Set

I have never owned a wedge set before, but have always relied on just a 60 degree Wilson from Walmart. Needless to say this is a great upgrade for me. The deisgn of these wedges is top notch. They feel a little clanky at times, but overall I like the feel and weight, and they have a very large hitting area for those of us that don't always have perfect swings. I don't pull my full-swing shots near as much as I did with my Wilson. These are a great value and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good wedge set. I will keep these in my bag for a long time. They may not be Clevelands, but neither is the price.

[Jan 23, 2008]
cleadonsports
Model Reviewed: Adams Watson gunmetal wedges

I only have the sand wedge in this series and have played with many other wedges. I didn't think it would be this good because it wasn't expensive. I never worry about sand shots with my Adams Watson gunmetal sand wedge. Too bad it is now discontinued. Only criticism is the gunmetal finish eventually fades and shows the wear.

[Nov 14, 2007]
Chuck
Model Reviewed: watson 3 set

I have to agree with the last reviewer. These are good for short pitches and lobs, but on full swings they are somewhat unpredictable. I like the look of them (nice profile). And yes they are a bit on the light side. It's a shame really. I even regripped them with expensive pro-line grips, but now they just sit in my garage. Watson is such a great player with his wedges, I too am surprised he's endorsed a mediocre product. Back to my trusty Wilson Dyna-Powered!!

Wilson Dyna-Powered

[Nov 13, 2007]
maxeoli
Model Reviewed: 3 wedge set 2007

i miss too many farways. the wedges do nothing to help. the only good thing about these is the price and chipping. for full swings they are awful. no feel too light i cant believe that watson lets them put his name on them. you get what u pay for. i worked at a course last summer and found a 60 from the older set. it was really new with perfect grooves. we have the hardest greens around, and it would check up and stop pretty well. i had never had new wedges (college budget) so i decided to put a set of these on my birthday wish list. well, i traded my used clevelands on a three wood, and it was a mistake. soon im getting som tm tp's. all these wedges did for me is create a gap from 120 to about 40 yards in my bag. they are unpredictable on full swings. not a bad idea for a new golfer. i went from shooting in the 80's to 90's by adding these clubs. the're about like the $12 wedges at walmart only harder. a case of getting what u pay for

na